PHOTOS: Trina Braxton & Towanda Braxton Hosts #TraxxGirls All White Labor Day Party, Interview: Cynthia Bailey and the Inspiration Behind The Bailey Agency Doll, Tee’s & Quotes New Store Grand Opening : Special Guests Kandi Burruss, Lil Scrappy, Bambi, Africa Miranda, Mimi Faust, & More, Mr Solo and Nuwine drop new single 'Daddy', Shereé Whitfield Has A Lot To Say About Nene Leakes After Recent Comments, Coachella, Stagecoach Festivals Postponed to October Due to Coronavirus, Block ENT Tells it All to 2 Chics Wit A Mic - Podcast, Celebrity Barber Rico London Expands Luxury Hair Lounge Franchise with Atlanta Location. They mean the exact same thing as sister and brother in greek and since we are the only constitutionally bound sorority and fraternity we consider it a right and a privilege to call each other “frat” and “soror” while out and about. She joined the sorority while studying at Bowie State University in Maryland. Well, now it looks like another one of Toni’s younger siblings may be on the rise. Towanda Chloe Braxton is a famous American actress, singer, dancer, reality television show personality and philanthropist. EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: @4Hosea Afemo and Elisabeth Omilami Presents #LaborofLove! Following the footsteps of her sister Toni, Towanda attended Bowie State University. What I am saying is yes they are frat and soror but in conversing to the public, you rarely hear a zeta say that is my frat brother or a sigma say that is my soror. However, as you probably already know, Toni isn’t the only talented member of the Braxton family. According to Towanda, “Toni would always compare her assistants to me and I would end up training her new assistants. Singer of “Loving You” Congresswoman. Warwick ranks among the 40 biggest hit makers of the entire rock era (1955–1999), based on the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles Charts. The sexy 2 Chics Wit A Mic Podcast launched late 2019 disc... Kehlani has been consistently dropping heat lately. However, Towanda and her husband, Andre Carter, have decided to take a different approach. Opera Singer As long as a woman maintained high academic and moral standards, she would be considered worthy to join the organization. My home girl decided to recreate one of her favorite movies ‘School Daze’. The Alphas in St. Louis Just Blew Our Minds With Their Latest Probate Video, Watch How Alpha Phi Alpha Revealed Their New Grad Chapter Initiates in Nebraska, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorors at University of Florida Revealed Their New Members With These Stunning Visuals, Watch How The Kappas at Northwestern University Revealed Their Spring 2020 Line, Watch The Brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi Perform at Langston University’s 1991 Homecoming Step Show, These Coppin State University Students Remade This Cafeteria Photo From The 1970s, Check Out This 1991 Homecoming Step Show Performance from The Nupes at North Carolina A&T, Throwback: This Is How Delta Sigma Theta Did Step Shows at FAMU in 1991, This is What Kappa Alpha Psi Step Shows Looked Like In 1988. Towanda brought in all of the Greeks to stroll and step. Presently, she appears as though she's truly centered on doing what she supposes is best for her. I had a good time so it’s all good. Presidential Appointee, Director of the Office of Community Service and Director of the Office of Public Liaison, Office of the Co-Chairman, Republican National Committee, Dr. Tonea Harris Stewart Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. > Esteemed Sorors, Violette Anderson Medical Director, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Singer of the Braxtons and sister to Toni Braxton, Grace Ann Bumbry While there, Towanda pledged the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority. Towanda is one of only three sisters who has been in the group the entire time. Towanda Braxton was married to the author, Andre Carter, in the year 2003. In 2010, The Braxtons united again and appeared in Toni Braxton’s music video for her dance single Make My Heart. !………JENNY JONES!!! Shelia Williams The nearly 100-year-old sorority is part of the Divine 9 and focuses on service and commitment to others. Judge Willie Whiting is a name for women who are the member of the same sorority. The nearly 100-year-old sorority is a piece of the Divine 9 and spotlights on administration and duty to others. She has appeared in the Broadway production of Dreamgirls. By 1998, the sisters disbanded and went their own ways in singing and acting, performing solo. The Cast of One Tree Hill, 10 Reasons Why Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Evans Will Never Make It. Dr. Eunice Thomas By using BiJog.com you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. However, that just isn’t the case. Actually, OleSchooler, I am a member of Zeta Phi Beta and we do in fact refer to Sigmas as our frat and they refer to us as soror. Another Braxton and proud Zeta, Towanda Braxton pledged Zeta Phi Beta at Bowie State University. While Towanda won't say whether she concurs or dissents, she said that she had dependably been the sort of individual who took the path of least resistance, and that she sort of put others' needs before her own. Lillian Evanti is the first African American to sing with an organized European opera company and the first African American to sing grand opera professionally. She also produced the TV movie; Toni Braxton: Unbreak My Heart. upArrow, Honorable Yvonne Miller She’s a ‘go with the flow’ type of person. First woman on the debate team, Howard University The founders saw the need for a more inclusive sisterhood, one who welcomed all types of women irrespective of color or creed. The Braxton clan flew in to party with Towanda. Their first single, Good Life, was released in 1990. The founders saw the need for a more inclusive sisterhood, one who welcomed all types of women irrespective of color or creed. Dr. Alyce Gullantee Honorable Julia Carson Griot – African Storyteller, Anita Turpeau Share this on Facebook and Twitter if you think more people need to know this history of Zeta sorors in music. Towanda’s sister has confirmed that she is still married and that the last time she contacted her, she was happy with her married life. Either activate widgets in this location or turn this location off in the theme options. Age, Height, and Weight. She is known for starring in Misguided Behavior, The Execution of Nigel Harris, and The Real Georgia Peaches. Some individuals trust that Towanda could have had a more effective vocation if she had been more vocal about what she needed and hadn't needed to live in her sister Toni's spotlight. Camille's writing has been published on several websites, and she enjoys writing articles and short stories in her spare time. Zeta Phi Beta. Later, Toni separated from the group in 1991 to pursue her solo singing career. While there, Towanda pledged as a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. They signed their first record deal with Arista Records. Towanda Braxton The Braxtons began singing and writing songs together when they were still children. I was very good at being a personal assistant, so I decided I should create a school that develops top-notch personal and executive assistants. They divorced in 2017. With six kids in one family, you can imagine that things were pretty hectic growing up, and even now the siblings definitely have their moments. Phi Beta Sigma even performed for their lovely Soror. President and CEO, East Texas Television, First African-American woman to own and operate a television station. Emmy Award winning documentary filmmaker of “The Disabled Mind”, Zora Neale Hurston I enjoyed those cupcakes so much. SMH!!! Yes the zetas and sigmas consider themselves bros and sis but no sigma refers to a zeta as his soror. If you’re a fan of R&B, Braxton is probably a name that you’ve become pretty familiar with. First African-American President of the National Education Association, former Director of the Women’s Bureau. Being born on 18 September 1973, Towanda Braxton is 47 years old as of today’s date 3rd November 2020. Her full name is Towanda Chloe Braxton. Here are 10 things you didn’t know about Towanda Braxton. Political Activist, Ms. Elizabeth Koontz In 1989, when Towanda was just sixteen, all the five sisters made the music group, The Braxtons. (Photo by Jason Kempin/Getty Images for BET). In 2017, Towanda did well in her career as an actress and producer. Former US Education Chief, US House of Representatives Committee on Education and Labor, and chairperson of the New Jersey Board of Higher Education. The party included her sisters, their husbands, and her mother and father. Towanda is the fourth child of Evelyn and Michael Braxton and was born in Severn, Maryland, on September 18, 1973. Throughout the years, women of Zeta Phi Beta have been trailblazers in the field of music. She is a member of a pioneering generation of African-American opera and classical singers who followed Marian Anderson in the world of opera and classical music paving the way for future African-American opera and concert singers. PHOTOS: Rasheeda Launches New Boutique at Atlanta’s Phipps Plaza ‘Pressed’. We heard from a very good source that she dropped nearly $100,000 on the party. PHOTOS: Towanda Braxton’s Surprise Birthday Dinner Hosted by Evelyn Braxton, Trina Braxton, with Nivea! Towanda Braxton was born on September 18, 1973. Later, Towanda also starred in the reality show Starting Over. Even though she has regularly needed to live in her sister's shadows, she certainly is by all accounts the most reasonable and thereby creates the least amount of sensationalism of all the girls in the family. The nearly 100-year-old sorority is a piece of the Divine 9 and spotlights on administration and duty to others. Actors and actresses earn a lot of money for their …, Literacy is one of the most important educational tools imaginable. She was originally a member of the Lambda Epsilon Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. at Illinois State University. Towanda Braxton went to Bowie State University and when she was there, she pledged to be a member of the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority. Phi Beta Sigma even performed for their lovely Soror. Attorney – First African-American woman to practice law before the U.S. Supreme Court. LET IT GO GIRLFRIEND, LET IT GO!! Edythe White During an interview, Towanda even said that while she loves her sisters, she doesn’t always like them. Now it may be different in other areas, but as far as I have noted travelling to different areas, we greet each other as “frat” and “soror” and or “bruh” and “sis”/”brother” or “sister”. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); First women to serve on the Jackson, AL City Council The album went up the charts and even reached the number one slot on the US Heatseekers List. spacer She has appeared in the Broadway production of Dreamgirls. As with any family, the Braxtons unquestionably have their high points and low points.