This opened the doors wide on starting a Thousand Sons army for me. Gemstones: Khorne Red as a basecoat, then I shade that with Carroburg Crimson and Nuln oil up to the corner. Only the most psychically gifted in the legion were spared from turning into Rubric Marines and it was left to them to herd their now mostly empty-minded brothers. The key to this scheme is the blue and for this I used Reaper’s, There’s not a ton more colors to do. Warriors of Anubis Credit: Gary “Two Beans”, Anubis Warriors? I'm re-doing my paint scheme for my dusty boys. 100% Upvoted. Combining the two colors mentioned doesn’t work either. Mephiston red is too red/brown and Evil Sunz Scarlet too orange. Tizca, capital city of Prospero Credit: Games Workshop. A small contingent of Thousand Sons stranded after the Horus Heresy, fortunate enough to avoid being turned into sorcerous automatons by the Rubric of Ahriman. There was one issue with fielding Thousand Sons as An Army. This was a point of friction with several other Legions who looked upon psykers with suspicion or disgust. Thousand Sons were always part of my plan to cover all nine Traitor Legions. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/09/eddie-agent-of-change-part-4-my-armygw-homepage-post-4/. Edge with Runefang Steel or Ironbreaker. The student-aspirants of the XV Legion had been chosen from among those Achaemenid families the Emperor Himself had determined showed potential and were suitable for the gene-seed implantation process. Just a tip, flip the brackets and the parenthesis for the hyperlink. Check it out! Page 18 of 21 - The Red Sorcerers of Prospero: Exiles of Osiris - posted in + WORKS IN PROGRESS +: Athrawes, how much more do you plan on adding to the army? Log in sign up. Its a technical paint. Their unique gift also brought with it the curse of the flesh change, degenerative mutations that afflicted many in the legion and caused their numbers to dwindle rapidly until the arrival of their Primarch, Magnus the Red. As one of the only factions with access to the Psychic Phase in non-Commanders games, you essentially have an extra opportunity (or two) to take an enemy model off the board without retaliation. For the white I used my typical method of VMC, Last step is to edge highlight, which is quite simple on these guys since there’s nowhere near as many edges as on a primaris dude. I think he’s a misogynist and bad writer so I haven’t read it but it will give you a look at the legion pre-heresy as well as the burning of Prospero from the Thousand Sons’ perspective. I kept the head and backpack separate, which is typical, but also the shoulder pads since they’re quite bulky and can make arm details hard to get to that are still visible after assembly. I use a bright sky blue for the blue armour, a desaturated yellow for the yellow and Scale75, Runefang Steel highlight or Necron Compound drybrush if larger area, Sycorax Bronze edge point/corner highlight, Cassandora Yellow recess shade (if large area), Stormhost Silver or Auric Armour Gold base, Soulstone Blue, Waystone Green, or Spiritstone Red over metallic base, Zandri Dust base for large stones/bricks/rubble/ruins, Armageddon Dust/Armageddon Dunes/ Agrellan Badland/Agrellan Earth for the top of the base itself, Armageddon Dust placed in spots on top of surfaces, in corners as random small rubble and dust, Liberal usage of Agrax Earthshade and Typhus Corrosion, Cassandora Yellow as a tint on flat surfaces and edges (avoid getting into recesses), Tyrant Skull drybrush *Wraithbone fine drybrush. Also I don't have an airbrush, but you can do the same by just using rattlecans and priming very well with retributor gold and then Tamiya Clear Red. Oh hey I recognize that helmet. But the destruction of their homeworld turned the legion to nominally join Horus’ traitors, though they had almost no participation in the heresy itself save for joining the final battle on Terra. I used Ironbreaker used for all the rivets. I used Angron Red for my Thousand Sons, and with a brush it is painful to apply well. However, it does seem like it’s all about to get a lot easier due to contrast paints. Prime: Black. 40k Bonds0097 chaos space marines featured hobby How to Paint Everything thechirurgeon Thousand Sons twobeans, ©  2020 Goonhammer. Aug 31, 2020 - Explore Atlaswarped's board "Thousand Sons 30k", followed by 111 people on Pinterest. Each of the four Chaos Gods had their own unique marine units, with Tzeentch’s Thousand Sons having a cool gimmick of being MAGIC MUMMY MARINES. You’ll still want to bring multiple psykers to use some of the spells you have access to, but you want get a ton of extra mileage out of it. These young men were taken from the territory of the Achaemenid Empire to the Emperor's secret gene-laboratories beneath the Himalazian (Himalayan) … Posted by 2 hours ago. The Blue: Like Bonds, I’m in a “blue first, then trim” mindset because it makes doing fades and gradients with the blue easier. Burning of Prospero Credit: Games Workshop. There were however images in the Codex that led me down a path of thinking that this wasn’t really much of a deterrent. The way GW does it is with priming the model black. I had even replicated the conversion shown in the top left corner of the Codex image. Tzeentch had always intrigued me since I started the 40k hobby. Posted by 1 year ago. I bought these off another goon right before the second part of “Curse of the Wulfen” campaign dropped in 7th edition, which gave me an entire Thousand Sons army to paint. Reading through Codex Imperialis from the 2nd Edition starter box set just drew me in, and as an Imperial Space Marine player, I knew I was missing out on something. share. Due to the card mechanics, you’ll find psychic powers are sadly de-emphasized so the Thousand Sons lose a bit of their gimmick. Ahriman Credit: Robert “TheChirurgeon” Jones. 30k Thousand Sons Paint Scheme. 2. Rubric Marine Credit: Robert “TheChirurgeon” Jones. Feet should be almost fully covered as if to fade into the base. Mephiston red is too red/brown and Evil Sunz Scarlet too orange. While written largely from the perspective of a Space Wolves Skjald, Dan Abnett’s* Prospero Burns is a great look at the Thousand Sons from an outside perspective and covers one of the most important events in their history. I start by base coating everything with Kantor Blue, then I do several passes drybrushing progressively lighter mixes of Kantor Blue and Lothern Blue while the paint is still wet until I get something that’s closer in color to Caledor Sky. 1. The XV Legion was uniquely composed almost entirely of psykers and their mastery of the psychic arts was unparalleled. The Thousand Sons are a tragic legion with an interesting backstory and some really great-looking models that look great on the tabletop and play just as well in most of the rule systems you’ll play with them. Credit: Gary “Two Beans”. Although they are using more dark colors, my scheme would consist of matte colors. Magnus the Daemon Primarch Credit: Robert “TheChirurgeon” Jones. Kieran posted on Instagram: “This one is a bit of a retrospective. While this affected most legions to some degree, it was effectively a repudiation of the entire fifteenth legion and forced them to withdraw to their homeworld. They will eventually be the larger part of a Tzeentch collection consisting of Daemons, Knights, and regular Thousand Sons. I mean, look at this: Kill Like An Egyptian (Credit: Games Workshop). For my initial 30K batch I just used Khorne red but then I moved to Tamiya clear red over Retributor gold which gives a nice metallic red (but really needs to be airbrushed as it's prone to clumping). Combining the two colors mentioned doesn’t work either. This was one of the first Heresy models that I ever painted,…” • See all of @raptorimperialis's photos and videos on their profile. I was wondering if anyone has had a go at the paint scheme done by "Eddie Agent of Change" in this article. Recommend color for 30k Sons? Always Black. You’ll typically suffer from not having anything that can shoot further than 24″ but with pretty much all of your ranged weapons sporting AP-2, you have a solid chance of getting to that crucial injury roll. As part of the Great Crusade, the sons of Magnus saw great success in bringing worlds into compliance through their mastery of psychic warfare and adept diplomacy. Archived. Shortly after the Edict of Nikea, Magnus learned through the Warp of Horus’ treachery and sought to psychically warn the Emperor.