Hi Suzanne! I looked up her name online later when I got home. Before you choose this topic, brainstorm a few ideas about this person. The person I admire the most Wir und unsere Partner nutzen Cookies und ähnliche Technik, um Daten auf Ihrem Gerät zu speichern und/oder darauf zuzugreifen, für folgende Zwecke: um personalisierte Werbung und Inhalte zu zeigen, zur Messung von Anzeigen und Inhalten, um mehr über die Zielgruppe zu erfahren sowie für die Entwicklung von Produkten. All papers are for research and reference purposes only! Her name was Visilia. Not knowing how to be responsible with said money, he went and boiled his brain on drugs. Mother, Change, Father 1512  Words | Nice article, Suzanne. William Shakespeare, Stratford-upon-Avon, Anne Hathaway 1364  Words | Excellent post! I know it. In six months of knowing Dan, I saw him shower three times. Issue I'm working on: One issue I'm working on is comma splices. He just lied some more and said that I was wrong or that I misunderstood him. He also drank the hot sauce like it was Coca-Cola. They’re helpful, whether one is writing fiction or non-fiction. So which descriptive essay prompt inspires you? He was lucky to survive and suffered brain damage. How did that person look? Miguel was from Quebec and I met him in Portugal while studying same film classes. I feel that person and see that person and talk to that person in my dreams and thats how i know that person. Turned out she was a prominent real estate agent the next city over. Get help with your writing. I love prompts because they can make you think about writing in different ways. There are a lot of sensory details you can include in a descriptive essay about a piece of art. Or, if you collect coins, describe a unique coin from your collection. Dan heard this rumor too. I learned about his background like how his aunt adopted him because his mom didn't want him or something like that and would say that if he was cool idk that's strange to me. Grandma had a little store where she used to sell fruits, vegetables, eggs, milk, and other things. Grandma with her kindness taught me a lot through out the years. I looked over and I see Dan and blood donation idiot smiling at me with gold paint on their mouths. The word “show” means to portray or illustrate feelings and actions. 3 March 2014 You gave me a lot of good ideas for starting a descriptive essay! He was looking good and obviously confident also. A great way to show who you are is to describe a place that was important to you. © 2002-2020 MegaEssays.com. Which lead him to either think he was a traffic warden or just enjoy directing traffic. He said he didn’t like sunlight. My father who is generally niggardly with praise is extremely generous where our mother is concerned. Usually the finished article was a combination of world news about terrorism and the sports section. So many students write one sentence and then get stuck. “I called him John the liar…he was a coworker of mine in college at a sporting goods store. I say “probably not but I’m not sure.” He decides that this means they absolutely must be 100% organic and orders 3 of them. “I HAVE A BOOK OF POEMS I’VE WRITTEN. Envy or jealousy is a powerful emotion. He does not order his usual “organic” bean and cheese burrito but rather our fish tacos because “he has decided to only eat fish.”. Dazu gehört der Widerspruch gegen die Verarbeitung Ihrer Daten durch Partner für deren berechtigte Interessen. What did you do? I am forgetting things about Dan. I almost threw up twice remembering this. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Stephen King wrote about description in stories. He fell down and busted his head. How did that person act toward others? “I’ll call him Dan. I said at the very least I needed to put the books on the cart because it was hazardous to have piles of books in the aisle, but when I knelt to pick them up, she grabbed my hands and slammed them on the table, pinning my wrists down, and legit snarled at me. Will stop by again. What characteristics did he/she possess? He was incredibly bizarre and had special instructions for how he wanted his tacos made. One day, he didn’t tighten the lid and it spilled into his footlocker. Grandma, who was a unique person in all senses, also had a unique name. By interviewing Mrs. Suwipha Charoensin gives me an idea that to change because of someone who is very special is not difficult and it even gives someone a new life. I asked if it was his. 1. Most people live their lives waiting for that special someone to come and sweep them off their feet, but in reality you can not look for love it will simply find you. We proceeded to drink together and trade some stories. One day she came in and took over this one sitting area. The next day he called me and yelled at me. We have motivation to be better. A C+ shows that I tried hard but I had my weak points. Grandma had a lot of sayings. (Or at least if you write about a mountain, I hope you can’t describe how tastes.) He grew frustrated and ate the orange. You have a great site. When you focus on a person you were jealous of, there are reasons and characteristics for why you felt that way. 30.3m members in the AskReddit community. Also, that is a great quote by Stephen King! 3: A week point in my essay is the conclusion. What did you do at this place? It really made sense. He didn’t bring a tent so he slept on a tarp on the ground for the whole week and ate canned beans even though we provided meals. The conclusion was very tough for me and I don't think I did a very good job on it. He was quite stinky fellow. I remember grandma was always willing to help everybody who needed her, even after having her hands full with twelve children and many, many grandchildren. “I managed a bookstore for a long time and you run into your share of weirdos, there. It’s 2pm local time in London and I just arrived. I walked into my room and was like basically what the f*ck. In which we had the longest conversion I ever had. If so, how does it feel? He was super friendly in a weird way, like not understanding social rules and being way too expressive at times. Subjects; Search; Help; Words of Wisdom: "I am a novice. I had a feeling that my face was drained of all blood. Maybe you’ve heard writers say, “Show Don’t Tell.”   This motto is an approach some writers use to make their writing more descriptive. Sie können Ihre Einstellungen jederzeit ändern. I’m a visual learner, so I really liked the visual for the 12 descriptive essay prompts in both written form and as a image. What are some sensory details you can add? Premium The strangest person I ever met in school was a girl in 9th grade. Dan would masturbate at my computer at night when he thought I was asleep to weird anime flash games. “I used to work the drive through at a Del Taco that was open 24 hours a day. A lot of them remind me of Sylvia, who used to be the most eccentric and original person in my school. I left the room. As I was leaving, I witnessed him pouring his dirty ass laundry onto his bed. She always found time to help and listen to others. Buddy left for a minute. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. He told our manager that his dad was a 6’5 marine who helped take down Osama Bin Laden and then an hour later he told me his dad was a quadriplegic and had been for 30 years. Premium One night he was sprayed with the fire extinguisher while watching stuff on his computer… and hallucinating on Robitussin. Each type has 3 descriptive essay writing ideas. When working on writing with students, I always use the five senses to show them how their writing will be more interesting to any reader when it is descriptive. r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. One of the weirdest was this lady who came in a few times who would get dozens of books, browse through them, ask us to hold them, and then never ask to see them again or buy them, so we began just reshelving stuff immediately. I managed to stay calm and told her to get her hands off of me, and told one of my co-managers who was nearby to call the police. She said no. Dan proceeds to tell me that the bottle is warm because he peed in it. Dan filled his bed condom. I don’t remember everything she said, but I do know at one point she said “F*CK YOU. Then add important details and characteristics or features about the person, place, object, or experience in your essay. Hate is a very strong word. The 12 descriptive essay prompts here, give you the freedom to develop your content in different ways, and with a lot of sensory details. People were not fond of Dan. How did you feel about the area? As I got to know him more, I could tell that he was working on it and trying to get himself under control, however I don’t know if he’s ever been diagnosed with anything.”. Whatever we do, she is there solidly with us to help us. Human development, Family, Mother 801  Words | He was mostly stoned during the years I was friends with him. And if you want more creative writing prompts, check out my blog post, “13 Thought-Provoking Personal Narrative Prompts”. She always said, "There is a solution to every problem," and "The only thing we can not do anything about is death." The key to writing a descriptive essay is to show or portray to a reader the significant elements of a person, place, object, or experience. The following essays are some examples of descriptive essays about a person, family members, and famous people. Everyone knew him as Marigold because it was a popular brand of yellow gardening gloves. Cite Since I can remember, I always adored recalling my past schooldays by looking through some old photographs of those years. I might be nervous about the “strangest person you ever met” prompt too. Mind, The Best Part, Family 734  Words | Hi Nadine, Thanks so much. He would cut up parts of different articles and tape the sections together to form his own stories, then run what he made through the copier to make it look like it was one actual article. Military school is already full of weirdos but Dan… Dan owns it. I KNEW THE REAL PRINCESS DIANA AND YOU AREN’T HER, MOTHERF*CKER!” It took us over an hour to reshelve all her goddamn books. This article is one of the most awful veracity based and the most realistic researched based article, which I have ever written in my life. Was anyone else at this there?