Contact !, This story is very nice but the fly was died this is very bad, I have a question how does the last paragraph connect to the paragraphs before it. realy story was good but little confusion in some lines, This poem by Mary J Howett is an amazing story in poetic form. To idle, silly flattering words, I pray you ne’er give heed: I’m sure you’re very welcome – will you please take a slice?” But it is okay. you should not make the fly die Well you rest upon my little bed?" Unto an evil counsellor, close heart, and ear, and eye, ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I HATED IT SO MUCH UGH ( not having a good day). The way into my parlour is up a winding stair, Thinking only of her crested head – poor foolish thing! This can teach so many people! Thank you! One of you will play the part of the fly, one the spider and one will be the narrator. This poem say’s a lot !Not only for young children,but teenagers as well.It warns them to beware of things some evil ones might say just to get them to do or go somewhere they shouldn’t. For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again." I like it so much, I am looking forward to listening to the others. yes but I think it needs a groove to it not a fairy tale style!!!! ?also the picture’s would be WEIRD!!!!! I liked the story. This story is Okay. Your eyes are like the diamond bright, but mine are dull as lead." I like this story and her accent it makes me smile! I liked the story and it was a good one can you write some more. This is because we need to know who you are and how we can talk to you, and For the 2020/21 competition and teaching zone, Share a First World War poem aloud on Remembrance Day, For the 2020 competition and teaching zone. Family Friend Poems has made every effort to respect copyright laws with respect to the poems posted here. I doubt they have heard it. ☺, i did love this story it was awsome but the fly died the spider won waaaa, NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE It was horrible, i kinda liked this story but i dont wanna here it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagain, The spider thinks the fly is dump and in i do to spider I think you did somthing to eat i really support the spider but the fly and, ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? The story really makes sense, fly’s often get distracted and are very smart but that doesn’t mean that they don’t get distracted. the story kind of good I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobad for the fly!!! I know your reading this so stop doing this kids hate it!!!!!!!!!! Only submit your original answer. It was cool that the fly knew what was going on. The Spider and the Fly is a poem by Mary Howitt (1799-1888), published in 1829. Within his little parlour—but she ne'er came out again! Copied material from elsewhere will be deleted by forum moderators. As parents we have many concerns re: this issue and have been trying a number of avenues to withdraw her attention and direct it toward her career and the limitless opportunities. !, i like it. The gruesome ending in this cautionary tale is used to reinforce the important life lesson being taught. For who goes up your winding stair can ne’er come down again.”, “I’m sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high; But his proposals were spurned everytime and poor Mr. Spider waited patiently hoping that Miss Fly would change her mind one day. The story was pretty good because we liked how the spider tricked the fly but the fly keeps saying no and standing his own ground. The crucial element that I loved in this text is that the poem is realistic, unlike many others which just try to conceal the true world. This is a beautiful poem, very beautiful! For well he knew the silly fly would soon come back again: The Spider turned him round about, and went into his den, For well he knew the silly Fly would soon come back again: So he wove a subtle web, in a little corner sly, And set his table ready, to dine upon the Fly. And take a lesson from this tale of the spider and the fly. I liked the characters because its a fly and a spider. So he wove a subtle web in a little corner sly, Dear Mom, yes, some of the Victorian poems have very good morals. Written by Mary Howitt in the 19 th century, The Spider and the Fly is a cautionary fable that falls in this dark humor category. And set his table ready, to dine upon the fly. Don’t listen to strangers. i like this story beacuse it i about a spider and they are cool pets. Are you a teacher? Asome I liked this book. I really like it. It is very buatifull story i like it very much. “Come hither, hither, pretty Fly, with the pearl and silver wing; You will find it hard to miss the moral of this classic verse from the Victorian era. spiders ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve heard what’s in your pantry, and I do not wish to see!”, “Sweet creature!” said the Spider, “you’re witty and you’re wise, By Chantelle aged 8, that was an amazing story my class got freeked out when we read it, Do not be convinced into something for greed, Awesommmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With buzzing wings she hung aloft, then near and nearer drew, It was okay. January 23, 2020, yeah , because it is talking about a spider and fly they are enemies the spider always eats the fly, I liked this story because it is just right for me to read to little kids, This book was definitely not good it was stupid but also sad. I liked how you did rhyming in your poem because it sounds more singsongy! So the theme here is the power of flattery — the destructive effect of vanity. Am so pleased I could find it on internet. I hate this book because the spider tricks the fly. I like this it is actually really interesting! Anyways it’s a good story and a good lesson. "Sweet creature!" “Will you walk into my parlour?” said the Spider to the Fly,  ICSE English i read this story in my class with my teacher and loved it so when i found it on here i was extremely excited! When you are happy with the actions you have added perform the poem for other people.