we can write an original essay just for you. Katherine’s personality is “curst and shrewd”(Shakespeare, pg.43); in both stories she is rude, abusive, and mean. This is put across majorly by Kat. In 10 Things I hate about you, the couples are younger and the relationships are less serious than they are in Taming of the Shrew. by Dr Florence Hazrat.

In order for Bianca to date or get married, Patrick/Pertruchio is paid to take out or marry Katherine. Because this speech appears on a written page, it could be interpreted as sarcasm, whereas in the movie Kat’s speech is clearly genuine.

Lear is a very difficult character to categorise as either “good” or “bad” as he is both “sinned against” and “sinning”. Don’t waste Your Time Searching For a Sample, Get Your Job Done By a Professional Skilled Writer. The Taming of The Shrew, written in 1593, challenges cultural expectations of women’s rights at that time. While watching the movie 10 Things I Hate About You, the play “The Taming of the Shrew” may never even come to mind.

(2016, Dec 22).

Your Answer is very helpful for Us Thank you a lot! In 20th century society, this would be unheard of. We use cookies to give you the best experience possible.

The Taming of the Shrew has been adapted in many different ways. Taming of the Shrew and 10 Things I Hate about You hold insight of the revolution of time and how all texts reflect the time and culture they were written in. Many African Americans are torn between […], Songs of Pride, Chords of Power “The Piano Lesson”, written by August Wilson, utilizes the relationship between past, present and future to convey a deeper message of power through ancestry.

In cases of male friendship, […], Novels that are centered on traumatic events in history have used different tools to access the past. Having trouble finding the perfect essay? Petruchio got money from the dowry, whereas Joey paid Patrick to take Kat out on a date.

In 10 Things I Hate About You, the male and female teenagers were presented as equals in society for example, they receive the same education and have the right to make their own, Gender Roles In William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, Taming Of The Shrew And 10 Things I Hate About You Analysis.

In today’s terms, the play would be considered a romantic comedy. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences.

He eagerly marries her, but at first he does it only for the dowry given by Baptista. It may not even be until one is asked to compare the two or critique the elements of one versus the other that they realize how similar the two works are.

We will occasionally send you account related emails. Another difference was the way they were paid. Choose cite format: APA MLA Harvard Chicago ASA IEEE AMA. The plot in both stories is similar in that the father creates a rule so that Bianca cannot date or marry until Katherine does, and Patrick/Petruchio is paid to take out Katherine. These related to audiences of both centuries as society considered this to be the correct way of living. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy. The characters, the main structure of the plot, and themes are similar in both.

Differences In Characters Differences In Character Relationships Differences In the Plot 2. and welcome respected audience of the Shakespeare Society. Then there is Lucentio, who is in love with Bianca, Katherine’s pure, loving, kind, younger sister, and will do anything to win her over. March 2, 2017. The quote made by Pertruchio towards Katherina, “Women are made to bear, and so are you. ... How to cite Compare and Contrast Taming of the Shrew vs 10 Things essay. He eagerly marries her, but at first he does it only for the dowry given by Baptista. Another difference was the way they were paid. Finally, the plot and events of both texts coincide with the other issues mentioned. In 10 Things I hate about you, the couples are younger and the relationships are less serious than they are in Taming of the Shrew. Every other line represents a true rhyme – the final accented vowels and all succeeding consonants or syllables are identical.

Change ).

By clicking Send Me The Sample you agree on the, The Process, Reason and Effects of Taming the Shrew, The Taming of the Shrew: Petruchio and Katherina’s Relationship, Summary of The Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare, Shakespeare’s “The Taming of the Shrew” Analysis, Patriarchy in Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew, Exploring Sexuality in “Taming of the Shrew”, The Taming of the Shrew: Psychological Masks, Lady Capulet as a Character of Shakespeare Tragedies, Shakespeare's romantic convention Ganymede and Orlando, Director's Notes for the Nurse in 'Romeo and Juliet', The Theme of Sin in Play 'King Lear' by Shakespeare, Ask Writer For

Although the diverse time periods their correlating plots are indicators of appropriation and pronounce an intertextual relationship. The characters in the play and their counterparts in the movie are similar and so are their relationships.