A look at California’s November ballot propositions. Corona satirist? Your guide to the 2020 election in California. “Stay in, right now / Do it for humanity,” the 29-year-old sang from the comfort of her home, as opposed to the real words: “Get out, right now / It’s the end of you and me.”. For the latest on COVID-19, readers are encouraged to use online resources from CDC, WHO, and local public health departments and visit our coronavirus hub. Introducing ... PEOPLE's Products Worth the Hype, Idris Elba Raps from Coronavirus Quarantine as He Drives His Wife ‘Crazy: ‘Creating Is My Therapy’, Scrub-a-Dub: The Killers’ Brandon Flowers Washes Hands to ‘Mr. Endorsement: The Times endorses Hoffman, Anderson, Henderson and Han for LACCD. His new one? Taylor Swift is the new soundtrack of the Biden-Harris campaign. She was previously a Times intern after graduating from UCLA and has also worked at Variety, the Hollywood Reporter and CNN. Can we bridge our cultural divide? “Hands, washing hands,” Diamond sang in support of coronavirus prevention habits. From “The Voice” to “Phantom of the Opera” to “My Corona,” singer-songwriter Chris Mann has tried on many guises. With 7.044 billion views, Pinkfong’s earworm “Baby Shark” has outpaced Luis Fonsi’s “Despacito” as YouTube’s most-viewed video of all time. Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more. You'll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. Endorsement: No on Proposition 14: It’s not the best way to support stem-cell research. After the election, there could be greater federal support for this research. By Hollie Silverman, CNN. How to vote. Please enable Cookies and reload the page. Follow @genius on Twitter for updates Diamond isn’t the only artist using the coronavirus shut-in as an opportunity to raise awareness through song. Updated 2:27 AM ET, Mon March 23, 2020 . this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Jackie Lacey vs. George Gascón: What to know about L.A County district attorney’s race. Some of the information in this story may have changed after publication. +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((+!![]+[])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!! At first, the anthem seemed to play out as expected. Modern crooner? If you would like to opt out of browser push notifications, please refer to the following instructions specific to your device and browser: Neil Diamond Transforms 'Sweet Caroline' into Coronavirus PSA: 'Don't Touch Me / I Won't Touch You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http":"https";t.getElementById(r)||(n=t.createElement(e),n.id=r,n.src=i+"://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js",s.parentNode.insertBefore(n,s))}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); Cardi B drops divorce from Offset, confirming what everyone already knew. The singer-songwriter also shared a tweet the day prior, celebrating those at the front line of the current health pandemic. The parody lyrics — much more appropriate for a pandemic than the original “hands, touching hands” — have amassed more than 100,000 likes on Twitter, as well as thousands of comments thanking the legendary singer-songwriter for the uplifting musical gesture. It is all here. Lady Gaga’s ‘rural voter’ video sparks fan love — and unflattering imitations. Beyoncé's Beyhive is shook after the music icon revealed in a Vogue interview she has “around 80,000" bees on her property to make honey for her family. We're going to send you on your way in just a sec. “Reaching out / Don’t touch me / I won’t touch you.”, Stay safe out there! We applaud you!! “Give it a try, OK?”. Follow @genius ‘Baby Shark’ takes a bite of ‘Despacito’s’ record as most-viewed YouTube video. Sweet Caroline (Coronavirus Edition) Lyrics: Hi, everybody. Beyoncé owns beehives — like, actual beehives — and the Beyhive is buzzing. 13. Your moment of zen: Karen O and Willie Nelson cover Queen’s ‘Under Pressure’. After election 2020: How can artists help mend our cultural divide? Get push notifications with news, features and more. “I know we’re going through a rough time right now, but I love you, and I think maybe if we sing together, well, we’ll just feel a little bit better,” Diamond, 79, said at the top of the brief video. Rapper Cardi B asked a Georgia court to dismiss her divorce petition, confirming that she’s back with Offset after weeks of social-media PDA. RELATED: Idris Elba Raps from Coronavirus Quarantine as He Drives His Wife ‘Crazy: ‘Creating Is My Therapy’. Neil Diamond shared a real gem on social media this weekend while in self-quarantine. “Hi everybody, this is Neil Diamond, and I know we’re going through a rough time right now, but I love ya, and I think maybe if we sing together, well, we’ll just feel a little bit better. The country-music legend and Yeah Yeah Yeahs frontwoman have transformed Queen and David Bowie’s “Under Pressure” into an anthem of reassurance. "Reaching out / Don't touch me / I won't touch you," Neil Diamond sings in a clever, coronavirus-inspired rendition of his 1969 hit "Sweet Caroline." Perched on the hearth of his fireplace next to his adorable pet pup, Diamond then launched into the familiar tune on acoustic guitar. Gospel star Bishop Rance Allen dead at 71. The $5.5-billion measure can wait. California’s November election will feature 12 statewide ballot measures. Give it a try okay?,” he shared before he began to strum his guitar and sing the well-known lyrics to his 1969 smash hit, “Sweet Caroline.”. !function(t,e,r){var n,s=t.getElementsByTagName(e)[0],i=/^http:/.test(t.location)? As he progressed through the song, he then got to the reworked coronavirus-inspired chorus, singing, “Hands / Washing hands / Reaching out / Don’t touch me, I won’t touch you,” before finishing the rest of the song. [CDATA[ Jackie Lacey vs. George Gascón: Here’s everything you need to know about the L.A County district attorney’s race. Additionally, several musicians have been livestreaming performances to provide some entertainment and raise funds for coronavirus-related causes now that live concerts and festivals worldwide have been canceled amid the outbreak. Get our revamped Envelope newsletter, sent twice a week, for exclusive awards season coverage, behind-the-scenes insights and columnist Glenn Whipp’s commentary. Neil Diamond has put a new spin on his classic song amid the coronavirus pandemic. Where to vote. Neil Diamond Transforms 'Sweet Caroline' into Coronavirus PSA: 'Don't Touch Me / I Won't Touch You' this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Last week, former teen pop sensation JoJo delivered a completely re-imagined take on her 2004 hit “Leave (Get Out),” promoting social distancing.