Scoop the stuffing mixture into each one, adding as much as you want to each. I like all your article.I want to say thank you. You put really very critical data. Just tried this tonight, and oh my, it was SO good! Thanks! It’s the perfect easy baked dinner for Fall. All the post are excellent and very good. This recipe has the perfect combination of savory and sweet ingredients, with the sausage and […], […] Amazon and have been using them in everything – sweet (like this recipe) to savory (like my stuffed squash and Thanksgiving stuffing). John said he … It’s not something I buy often and these were good enough to make me wonder why! I didn’t event use cranberries or nuts and it was good enough that I stood over the stove and ate the left over filling like I hadn’t eaten in days. Also, you'll learn how to cook acorn squash. Stir the beans into the filling right before stuffing the squash. I made this tonight, and it was AMAZING. Been using this recipe for several years now when local acorn squash is in season. Cranberries add a great touch to it. Stuffed Acorn Squash with Sausage, Apples, and Cranberries. Unfortunately I’m the only one in my house who will eat it, but I will absolutely make this again. Quick, simple, and perfect to make ahead of time! A perfect fall meal! Delicious, husband said he could eat this every day! Did you still broil it with the stuffing in it? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. September comes and I just can’t say no when I see all the squash at the store! This Roasted Stuffed Acorn Squash is filled with all your favorites - sausage, apples, cranberries, onions, celery and savory herbs. This. Place squash in a microwave-safe dish, cut side down. Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. This Air Fryer apple, cranberries, and sausage stuffed acorn squash …  It only takes about 30 minutes, just enough time to get all your filling prepared. baking dish. Tender roasted acorn squash boats are stuffed with a flavorful wild rice and sausage filling for a stunner fall side dish that goes great with roast chicken ... Stir wild rice, sausage, cranberries, pecans, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste into skillet. All the autumn thanksgiving flavors put together, I would say. Made this last night and loved it! Prior to stuffing the squash, stir ¼ cup dried cranberries into the filling. You can absolutely serve this as a holiday side dish – as a side – it will serve about 8 people, though you’ll have to cut the squash halves in half, or just have people dig in and scoop their portion right out of the squash. Helpful for all person. I’ll just come right out and say it – stuffed acorn squash is one of my most favorite foods OF ALL TIME. When the squash is ready, uncover the pan and loosely stuff the sausage mixture into the squash halves. This salad was so good! We love this dish! Return skillet to medium heat and add the onions and celery, stirring while cooking to soften, about 3 minutes. Further, no seasonings, not even salt or pepper are added for flavor.I made it again but with some additional ingredients and different heating method.After cutting the squash in half and scooping out the innards, line the halved squash with brown sugar and a little bit of salt. I get more knowledge after reading your article. Anytime, Dinner, Holiday, Holiday Side Dish, diced (pink lady is my favorite for cooking), chopped, toasted prior to adding, if desired, New on the blog - this creamy herbed pork skillet, I have a fun, easy weekend baking project for you, One of my family’s favorites! How did you rehe this when you made it ahead of time? I think you have created another acorn squash loving monster! I also used double the amount of breadcrumbs and onion, diced pepper instead of spinach because I did not have any spinach, and I had three small/medium acorn squash. I saw the recipe from Simple & Delicious way back a long time ago. Probably had enough stuffing for 3-4 small acorn squashes. Cranberries are an excellent source of anti-inflammatory agents, vitamins and antioxidants. A tender acorn squash stuffed with sausage, apples, cranberries, and savory herbs, what else could a family ask for? My husband and I loved it! The name comes from its shape, and trust me, the inside tastes way better than it sounds, especially after being roasted. Fresh cranberries, cornbread and sausage round out this easy acorn squash recipe. Walnuts are high in antioxidants and Omega-3s.