Ubuntu is like a safety blanket, of course, but I want something more regularly updated. If I turn on the performance metrics, it shows a ~45 ms latency, 0.00% frame drop, but also 0 Kbps bandwidth. Change ). Solus has consistently been great when I’ve used it on secondary computers and VMs, I may use that. I'm running Steam build Dec 9 2015 Steam package versions 1449714153 I don't have streaming_* files in the logs folder of the Steam client. If you use Big Picture mode, everything is great. Part 6: Some Gnomes Just Want to Watch the World Burn. That pointed at a hardware problem but I couldn’t work out what would stop web access on Steam only. I’m open I suggestions, with a caveat that I want a distro that I can install DaVinci Resolve. The store, community, forums etc;  all don’t work. Double click on Steam.exe to launch Steam. I can host for my friend to join but I cannot join him (he used a Windows). The screen on the steam link goes black with a cursor in the upper left corner, and the host reacts as if the link connected. 3:08. I tried it today and when I launch the game I can see it on the PC's monitor, but the TV shows a black screen. I also tried the flatpak package just to cover my bases, and it's working from there. GPU is AMD 5700xt and CPU is Ryzen 7 1700x so I don't need the Intel variants, however they were apparently automatically installed already as well. Create a short-cut to Steam with the “-no-cef-sandbox” switch, ie; Right-click on it and select “Run as Administrator”. Runs great, but I’m having a problem where it’s not getting the Steam Overlay which makes using my Steam Controller less than ideal. I could use the normal web-browser but it made some things a bit of a pain (getting gift notifications, for example). I cant open those options, I am on my 3rd total reinstal after trying several fixes. I don’t know if it lines up to Steam having a technical outage or after an update but it’s definitely still an issue for people! A subreddit for gaming on the GNU/Linux operating system. I’ve been messing with this for hours and would never have thought of this. Streaming by itself works, Big Picture shows up on the TV, and the game sounds still go through while the screen is black. And I know it’s only officially supported on CentOS/RHEL, but there are workarounds for Ubuntu based distros, and Arch based have it in the AUR. Go to Users[User Name]\AppData\Local\Steam and delete all the contents of the htmlcache folder. I hadn’t messed with any of the permissions there. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. The router must be ok (as it worked on other machines AND I could use a normal browser). To test I went back to the custom location;  failure. Go to wherever your Steam is installed to try that. No idea why but there you are. Part 8: Democracy is not a Spectator sport, Apocalypse Maybe: A D&D Campaign Log. Here’s some of the other possible fixes first. only thing I havent tried is making custom firewall exceptions, guess ill have to look that up. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! This has been broken for me for months, but recently I found a fix. . Launch PS4 Remote Play and black screen issue should be resolved. My house mate's computer probably can't handle the game and the game itself is expensive here too, he doesn't want to buy it for these two reasons. However, the steam link only shows a black screen with a cursor in the upper left corner. I’m also not married to Manjaro and if I can’t get this figured out I’ll just try another distro. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. So something changed in Windows or Steam a few months ago that stopped the firewall being able to correctly create exceptions on mounted drives. Disabling hardware decoding actually worked. Eventually I took the plunge and re-installed my PC. Might be worth a try? I’m going to try using Proton with it to see if that helps, I don’t know if I’ll need to completely reinstall it or if I can just point Steam at the already installed location and just assign a Proton version.