Posted by 10 hours ago. Nothing will happen other than lower mpg,more frequent oil changes... and if you pretty much drive in sport 100% of the time then change the CVT fluid sooner.. Do you happen to know what the psi in econ mode is? share. Joined Jun 16, 2017 Messages 415 Reaction score 428 Location PA Car(s) 2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Vehicle Showcase 1. I understand fuel economy will take a hit, but are there any other side effects of driving in "S" for extended periods of time? you seem to have the same drivability issue i had in the 17 lx hatch with MT. Managed To Get My First Si Before They Go Away For A Year. So which models and trim have the L mode? My “S” mode allows me to use the paddle shifters to change gears. Ktuner 'sport mode' with 2020 civic sport hatchback. I think it keeps you at a lower "gear" so your RPMs are higher. Thread starter #1 I've been doing research about ktuner, and something came across as a concern. From the more comfort-oriented yet well controlled default Normal Mode, the Sport Mode adjusts the suspension damping characteristics plus steering and throttle response for a more taut … They do actually call it "Sport" in the Civic. Was going through the owners manual reading the refueling procedures to see what octane gas to use and it said that 91 octane is meant specifically for cars with sports mode. Also to clarify one thing, Hatch is out of the question. 2017 ex-t coupe here! My question is, is it OK to drive in "S" for extended periods of time or is it really meant to be used off and on for shorter periods of time? Is there really that big of a jump in speed difference between sport and EX? No I already know this, the question is, is it worth it or is it a noticeable difference for 2,000 more. 360glitch. Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. 2 comments. Some one mentioned that after 10 000 miles it's better. 1 of 2 Go to page. svntam Member. Hatch Sport does not I see now. Posted by 16 hours ago. Once you get over the "rev hang mental block" you will find its a big Mr. nothing bar. i had the tuner to do it too but was waiting for the time . The hatch is shorter than the sedan but has more cargo room and I think a bit more headroom in the rear. Combined with the more aggressive rpm drop to 2nd gear... that seems to be the primary cause of the lurching as described by owners. In the ktuner … Took your word here. save. card classic compact. Jul 4, 2017 #6 JNOR said: I'm going to be honest in saying I've yet to even turn it on with 980 miles on my car I'm in for a … In reality rev hang has zero effect on shifting. It’s fine. So this got me thinking and somewhat worried, if my car is a sports model and if S was sports mode or just to simulate "2nd gear" since after all its a cvt. Sadly the areas I have been in, haven’t been able to test drive acceleration with small roads and whatnot. You will regret getting the sport. Would like to know cause I wanna try saving a buck if I should be using 87 octane or 91 lol. It's like D3 in the old automatics which uses the lower gears for better acceleration and increased engine braking. Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Survey, Second class citizens - lack of aftermarket CVT tunes, Swapping Differential Gear CVT - Final Drive Ratio Question. Thanks. grumpyguy6 Senior Member. In the Civic, it does a bunch of stuff. http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/CH0303/CH0303O00166A.pdf. Sport mode adjusts the CVT's computer to keep the engine operating in the "power band," or most efficient RPM (not fuel efficiency, but energy efficiency -- it's the space between peak torque and peak horsepower). With sport hatch, the turbo gains 6 hp using premium gas so you get 180 hp instead of 174 hp. It's not a matter of the difference, is it worth the cost? Hatch sport here. Pics / Videos / Stories / Advice & More! I am comparing strictly the EX vs Sport and if there is a noticeable difference and if it is honestly worth extra money just for a 1.5 turbo (like I said I don’t care for anything the Ex offers), the turbo will probably require more maintenance and more frequent oil changes and require better grade fuel. ahh, that makes a lot of sense. Cookies help us deliver our Services. 7 comments. Posted by 6 hours ago. Sedan/Hatch/Coupe .................. LX/Sport/EX/EX-L/Sport Touring. I have been wondering about 'S' mode a bit. Just short shift between those gears. OP, the 19.5 normal/23 psi sport tune is for the Si. 100% Upvoted. Btw, I would like to get the manual version, whichever model I go with. Sorry if I am breaking tos (also had to crosspost)or what not. Yes your gas mileage will go down. I notice a pretty significant difference between Drive and Sport in my Hatch. i did put the base tune on it (the LX)but it really could not handle the extra power with the stock tires, took that tune off and went back to stock untill a later date. level 1. Oh and on tsp 1 map 3 when this happens to me btw. My question is, is it OK to drive in "S" for extended periods of time or is it really meant to be used off and on for shorter periods of time? Advertisement . 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT or 2019 Honda Insight EX. You can copy the boost tables from the other tunes and paste them in the dual tune, use the drop down to change between eco and non eco mode, oh mint I’ll have to see if I can find that, KTuner V2 / customized TSP Stage 1 - DC Sports front sway bar - aFe Pro Dry S filter - PRL silicone intake hose - Stainless steel door sills - Gloss black grille overlay - Helix (Unity) side markers - Carbon fiber interior/exterior trim - Aluminum sport pedals/footrest - Si rear sway bar. Joined Jan 27, 2016 Messages 2,920 Reaction score 2,048 Location usa Car(s) civic,teg Oct 20, 2017 #6 Myx said: Ahhh....I've been looking for this info right here for a while now. Also, you can add black rims aftermarket...also EX adds more nice features. After uploading a base Ktuner tune, it'll race up to max rpm from a dead stop and bounce off the rev limiter. Coming from a 2008 Toyota Corolla LE in NJ. JavaScript is disabled. Honda Civic SI vs Sport: Is the 2600$ difference in price worth it for the SI? Ahhh....I've been looking for this info right here for a while now. 2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback (CVT) [email protected] Myxal SRI-CAI, PRL Race Maf, Si Turbo Inlet, Si Turbo, Depo Racing Intercooler, 3" PRL Downpipe, Custom Tune . Get the turbo. In a Honda with a V6, it disengages to the cylinders, turning it into a V4. The light was just right. I feel like Sport is just there to remind all of us with LX models that we could have spent a little more to get something that's actually sporty lol. I have to lift off the throttle and gas it again for it to stay set at max rpm like normal. well, actually the throttle response is slightly increased and that might help with the 1 to 2 engagement. arpypat Senior Member. It's all mental. Moderator. Joined Feb 15, … S mode in the sport is more powerful than any of the 3 modes in his EX. Created by Honda Enthusiast. Reactions: Design, jpuhl777, repeet and 2 others. I got the 2019 Sport Sedan and was so bored of the CVT engine and the lack of turbo. why do you think so many ppl want it disabled? "Sport" Mode CVT '17 Civic Hatchback. I haven't been able to test it out but it does kick up speed fast which is cool Just a bit heavy of a car. I mostly care about the 1.5 turbo and honestly I just like that kick when you accelerate or speed sometimes. There's 25.8 cubic feet of cargo space back there, a full 10.7 cubes more than the Civic Sedan. this helps a lot. Lane assist and Heated fron seats are nice but not necessary. Keyword regret, also 2019 ex has black rims (yesss). JavaScript is disabled. It also alters the shift patterns, sorta like the difference between Drive and Sport but more subtle. 71. I only use it for short periods of time here and there though. Or is it the same button, just labeled differently and the software will know what to do? 2017 Civic Hatchback with a CVT transmission. I've been doing research about ktuner, and something came across as a concern.