Please follow the detailed, Queen of the Summer Stars: Book Two of the Guinevere Trilogy, The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights: (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition), Cookies help us deliver our services. “A true classic of world literature . endobj -Booklist, "Persia Woolley is a born storyteller. By purchasing this item, you are transacting with Google Payments and agreeing to the Google Payments. �� ����?�7�PhX��ߪuma��_iW�S���vz=6������@+�������S5�l)|�_����@G.�%-��jW�m���2�bht�O�%���J)��2��u?�f�Ox����ք� M��� ���F���g�|.LR� �!�e���Ԟ,��΂��湏�EJ�`ۀ[�x+ ,�M�}FBw��m IH�b4��E8[��#�@>b�A]�4~���F=�o�e This is the book William Gass called "one of the finest of our contemporary fictions.". This excellent introduction to his life and works sets his writing firmly in the context of his times. The legends of King Arthur and his knights of the Round Table have inspired some of the greatest works of literature--from Cervantes's Don Quixote to Tennyson's Idylls of the King. In James Winny’s translation of the Arthurian Romance Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Gawain is King Arhur’s closest and best knight. <>>> The late James Winny’s many other publications include Chaucer’s Dream Poems and editions of five of Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales. Steinbeck's only work of fantasy literature—in a  deluxe edition with a foreword by Christopher Paolini, New York Times bestselling author of Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr. . 4 0 obj 2 Table of Contents Part 1 ……………….. 3 Part 2 ………………. His quest begins with his wife—an actress who he suspects has been cheating on him for years. �k4z�H�v3�Y)��#��@�?���-�[���In8:7$Νd֮u]>� endstream endobj 355 0 obj 315 endobj 346 0 obj << /Type /Page /Parent 332 0 R /Resources 347 0 R /Contents 351 0 R /MediaBox [ 0 0 612 792 ] /CropBox [ 0 0 612 792 ] /Rotate 0 >> endobj 347 0 obj << /ProcSet [ /PDF /Text ] /Font << /F1 350 0 R >> /ExtGState << /GS1 353 0 R >> >> endobj 348 0 obj << /Type /FontDescriptor /Ascent 720 /CapHeight 720 /Descent -241 /Flags 6 /FontBBox [ -136 -282 1060 960 ] /FontName /IPGHEH+BookAntiqua /ItalicAngle 0 /StemV 0 /XHeight 480 /FontFile2 349 0 R >> endobj 349 0 obj << /Length 30985 /Length1 30984 >> stream Malory wrote the book while in Newgate Prison during the last three years of his life; it was published some fourteen years later, in 1485, by William Caxton. '��1/Y�qٯwC�7�*�pHw�ܔ��4������j�\4���X1�����ejd��o�ړ>��G]����eޕ���rEz�TsJ��BUS��ٶU�k �UCq��V��9���UKEc�j�{t2¾N��VkN��K1-�e���j١D3��U�bJA�e�����M���:����.����i��1���!�g����9�k���J�Si���wn����{��� t��9DS�Nǜ�3YjC�]1wT� ��t�Gm����W�}�������5���9��'�Ds����z ���I�_٭LE�O�ڦ��e����o�^�k���C*GS� stream -San Francisco Chronicle, "Richly textured, evoking the sights and sounds of castle and countryside, the qualities of knight and servant. <> �ou����4y�I6��kF��Tv���z���t_��._�u%���%�Y��Ԗ-����X,������?H�Ò�J�Y�X�8���:>2;x�0���T?�='��ߕH.z�\��C�ޑ�v��&�91�3X\+Tv��{�w�� �?q(�!d�>�� ��6�ˤ�MܰP���œ,7�D^2�^��G Highly recommended." edition. The procession that crosses Chaucer's pages is as full of life and as richly textured as a medieval tapestry. R���ͼ����;#N!�1���l� �*~pm��]�/�NJa+�_B��f���5K�>��˘P�^Z�+ڒn/%��2����}�&�I��䠵�V!Di��s�*%��>�(7���DR�$J��%�3��L����y��ܛ|l/�~�R��q�W7�%M'���D�ǜ�l=?�!8Q��;,[^��_Q�lZ��}�4�Ǩ#��O�Jk�͓�"tL��'&m�CLe�U�>W�-Nɗf���`o�I� Widely regarded as one of the funniest and most tragic books ever written, Don Quixote chronicles the adventures of the self-created knight-errant Don Quixote of La Mancha and his faithful squire, Sancho Panza, as they travel through sixteenth-century Spain. The spirited and outspoken Guinevere skillfully combats an accusation of planning to poison Arthur in a country simmering with unrest and scandal. The fourteenth-century poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight is one of the greatest classics of English literature, but one of the least accessible to most twentieth-century readers. � f�m�#RA(�=�UlI��`3� �|Z���Y�I���� vr�K[�i����b����*�4�AnTJ��Y0h�f���/����F���Q��V�,V4����A����؄(�Xn�:qx\�,׵ow�,��s&��EKB���0Z�B}�S��緒aQ4�j��w d��H�9�j�m�]ʅ��vEf��B��|�5yǪ�����"��O5d��K�3�C8��> &���!��i�C�x�qX����T�zd�=�9 � �2 The green knight picks up his head and tells Gawain to fulfill his promise by seeking him out at the Green Chapel to receive a blow from the battle-axe in return. The first great literary works of a culture are its epic chronicles, those that create simple hero-figures about whom the imagination of a nation can crystallize, observed V. S. Pritchett. The first and most terrifying monster in English literature, from the great early epic Beowulf, tells his own side of the story in this frequently banned book. U�r�w�M��Ɇ���$:9܍8��PR/����k��}ϫ���@�s�uX���SJtl@��5Z1ӎ��P�����/�g�R�_��Jt�� ���_x�e�M�ðdޅ��b��0N�r��_)��� �p��;Hr}=�#�4���߫( �M���{�'�[!P�;p���`x Vibrantly human and touchingly real, Guinevere reigns as a woman poised to discover the true peril and promise of the human heart. ����ȶ�%�4�:�Փv6+�0�T��˷gs�p�_��z�U�2i��3�tb65�G\�CQٯ��vg��x���d��؏d?�B��G�����7TA�"B�c��N}�&t6b�ȣf#��̐M��,�~]=|$�Ӕ�WJ�s m��E���V{�u��������1���� ����:%���. . This edition also provides an introduction, explanatory and textual notes, a further note on some words that present particular difficulties, and, in the appendices, two contemporary stories, The Feast of Bricriu and The Knight of the Sword, which provide insight on the poem. Praise for Persia Woolley's Guinevere Trilogy, "In Queen of the Summer Stars, Woolley employs the same sensitive revelation of character and attention to cultural detail that made Child of the Northern Spring such an enchantment." Probably the most famous of the Metaphysical poets, John Donne worked with and influenced many of the leading poets of the age. j��&aބ�e��+���]�rQ��^>���#Imѹ�x���/����o���rVK���!�_v֥��2%����%b'� 28 Part 4 …….………… 48 Her love and enthusiasm for Guinevere and her times shimmers from every page."