What’s the problem with that time?

Sanders ran a 4.21 forty yard dash at the 1989 NFL combine and kept right on going through the finish line into the first round of that year’s NFL … No doubt, Hayes was one of the fastest men, if not the fastest man to put on an NFL uniform.

Prior to this time period, NFL coaches chose the 50 yard dash as the mark of measure to determine a player speed worthiness. Green ran down from significant distances two of the fastest running backs to play in the NFL (Tony Dorsett and Eric Dickerson).

- There are two types of electronic times: 1.

I never watched him run an actual 40-yard dash but after having to cover him in training camp, I am inclined to believe every second of Joey Galloway’s reported 4.18 forty yard dash. Deion Sanders has the closest thing of the three as a verifiable 40 yard dash time.

Track star Henry Neal recorded a 4.20 forty yard dash before my own eyes in a workout for the Miami Dolphins in 1996. The runner’s time for the event is recorded digitally when the technology detects the player crossing the finish line. If anyone could run a sub 4.1 forty, it was Darrell Green. For starters, let’s find out why the 40 yard dash?

Many sources report a 4.12 forty yard dash time for Bo Jackson and if you watched him turn the corner and run down the sidelines in 1987 versus the Seattle Seahawks, you would not doubt any time reported by this freak of nature. When teams do individual private workouts for teams, often times the scout has not brought the necessary tool to mark off the distance. Sanders. For this reason, anyone who compares a 40-yard split time in a 100 meter event and compares it to reported hand timed 40-yard dash marks is making a big mistake. The 40 was used for all players.

6'1'' | 184 lbs. When and why did 40 yards become so significant?

It has been said consistently that Darrell Green recorded a time of 4.09 at the Washington Redskins’ training camp in 1986.

Some times you can’t be sure that the distance run was indeed 40 yards.

In my personal experiences, I have seen some sub 4.3 forty yard dashes in my time. These things plus my own two eyes would lead me to believe that Darrell Green, Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders were the fastest football players to ever play the game.

Watch him put on a SHOW for Lefkoe as he tries to boost his Madden rating , We reveal our latest playoff picks at the midseason mark, With every Cowboys disaster, Prescott is becoming more valuable to the franchise than ever , http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/the-fastest-40-yard-dash-ever/. Coaches see great value in having their players run on a slight decline to record eye popping times. If you want compare the 40-yard split of a runner in a 100 meter event, subtract .25 seconds from the recorded time. Kevin Williams of the University of Miami (1989-92) ran a 4.28 forty yard dash before my own eyes.

Edit.

Just as sure as you get the question asked 1,000 times, you will get dozens of ridiculous answers.

Should current Florida Gator Jeffery Demps make it to the NFL for any significant amount of time, he will own the fastest time at 10.01.