Literally a perfect product. She was, fittingly, given the nickname ‘Baby-faced Assassin’ by a boxing journalist after an amateur bout. I was too lean and held too much muscle, I looked like a lightweight bodybuilder. [6], One month later she defeated Roz Mari Silyanova via four-round points decision on 23 April. Implants : Shannon Tweed was especially popular in 1980’s and 1990’s. I don’t put on an act. They’re photoshopped. I kept doing it every day and before I knew it I was winning titles.”. The fight was televised live on Sky Sports[5] as part of the undercard for Charlie Edwards' world title defense against Angel Moreno. My goal is always to get as much blood into the muscle as possible. I will be racing July 18, 2015, in San Francisco at the Spartan Sprint for my second race. Do you feel you were extra focused on maintaining a balanced look and set up your training in a way to keep that balance or did that have more to do with a genetic disposition for great muscularity everywhere? [12], Her first fight of 2020 came against Rachel Ball on 14 August at the Matchroom Sport headquarters in Brentwood, Essex. I would also like to thank my other two sponsors PFS Meals for all the awesome meals they provide me and Violate the Dress Code for my killer wardrobe. Courtenay raced to 5-0 with two big KO’s and her fast hands accompanied by her punch power will be sure to see her in some exciting fights moving forward. Read about our approach to external linking. Courtenay, while appreciating that other fighters have paved the way, believes that being relatively new to the sport will work in her favour. [7] The fight was streamed live on Sky Sports' Facebook page as part of the preliminary undercard for Dave Allen vs. Lucas Browne at The O2 Arena, London. Whereas other women fighters may be getting sick of it," she says. Why is this such an important supplement for you and is it something that you would suggest for any athlete or just specific types of athletes? She headed down to Finchley ABC for one purpose. Her journey into boxing is far from typical; she is a latecomer to the sport, did not navigate through the youth ranks or Great Britain’s amateur set-up, nor is she living out a lifelong dream. I make sure I am always hitting every angle of the muscle. As an amateur she won gold at the Haringey Box Cup in 2015. “I’d laugh at the thought of it,” she says. If you’re a male boxer and want to start a family, it doesn’t affect you in any way. SC-  When I am training I don't just go into the gym and "kill it!" News Phil Heath Officially Started His Olympia Prep. You don’t really see women fight like that. This setback has not dampened her spirits or ambitions. My advice would be that there is always someone out there who's not going to like you or appreciate your goals, those are the ones who shouldn't make any impact on you doing you. Likeable, a ticket-seller and an explosive boxer but it is early days and time will tell how much the ‘Baby-faced Assassin’ achieves over the next six or seven years. SC- There's a lot of respectful people but also the ones who can't appreciate it because they have no knowledge of the hard work that goes into it. She decided for breast implants. Courtenay was scheduled to fight in Doncaster on 24 April, a bout which was postponed because of the ban on sporting events in the United Kingdom. But for British boxer Shannon Courtenay, her whole approach to life changed from the moment she stepped foot in London’s Finchley Amateur Boxing Club five years ago. Because of the intense running I was doing on an injured Achilles, I was forced to rest a track season. “When I first turned pro, everything suddenly changed. The reason why I love COMPETE! iFN- We know you are a huge proponent of iForce's COMPETE!. Because of the intense running I was doing on an injured Achilles, I was forced to rest a track season. My boyfriend at the time was prepping for a show and since I had extra time, why not do it with him? “I knew my face would fit the pro game,” she says. “But now I get messages daily from people saying that because of me, their daughter took up boxing or they’ve gone for a run. iFN- What are your goals as an athlete for this year? My boyfriend at the time was prepping for a show and since I had extra time, why not do it with him? Depending on where my physique is at I may do a physique show in the future. her activeness on social media and willingness to interact with fans has helped build a loyal following. “I drove home and had a chicken salad for dinner, which was unheard of for me,” she adds. video edit of retired former world champion Tony Bellew's parenting struggles. At that point, she had a very attractive hourglass body shape. The former tearaway was overweight and unhappy when she … iFN-  Two part question... What is/was your favorite part about being a competitive female bodybuilder? Later in her career, Shannon improved her assets with plastic surgery. iFN- Are you retired from professional bodybuilding or are you just doing other things at the moment? [8][9] In June, she stopped Valerija Sepetovska by technical knockout (TKO) at 1 minute 16 seconds in the second-round of a scheduled six-round bout held at the York Hall. [13], "Female boxing star Shannon Courtenay reveals vile messages of male trolls before blockbuster 02 fight", "Shannon Courtenay Back, October 26 In London", "Edwards vs Moreno: Kristen Fraser welcomes future fight with Shannon Courtenay", "Edwards vs Moreno: Shannon Courtenay impresses on pro debut", "Nikita Ababiy, Shannon Courtenay win on Allen-Browne prelims", "ALLEN VS. BROWNE WEIGHTS AND RUNNING ORDER", "Allen-Browne: Live coverage, 1:20 pm ET", "JD NXTGEN: Shannon Courtenay extends unbeaten record in London", "Wins for Lee Selby, Lawrence Okolie and Conor Benn at the O2 Arena", "NXTGEN: Shannon Courtenay claims an explosive finish to debut year", "Shannon Courtenay beaten by Rachel Ball for first defeat at Fight Camp", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Shannon_Courtenay&oldid=973568461, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 17 August 2020, at 23:43. I finally made the switch and did my first bodybuilding show 5 weeks after The Governors Cup and won the overall. SC-  I have had to change up my training some to incorporate more endurance training on the track and on the trails. At the USA's of 2012 I placed 3rd in the lightweights, then the following year at the USA's I won my pro card. So, basically I placed last. SC- My goals this year is to see how far I can improve in the Spartan Racing world. SC- COMPETE! I went from being a nobody to people taking pictures in supermarkets and suddenly social media blew up,” she says. I have done one pro show, Tampa 2013 and placed 7th out of 35. iFN- You have a very unique look because although you have a lot of muscle you have been able to maintain an overall look that most people can truly appreciate. “I want to be a two-weight world champion,” she says.