Oct 1, 2011, Stay in the know with the latest from the Tactical-Life newsletter, 30 Officers Injured, 30 Rioters Arrested Following West Philly Shooting, VIDEO: Modesto Cop Takes 1 Shot Down Walgreens Aisle, Drops Suspect, Henry 200th Anniversary Edition Commemorates Original Maker, Bushnell Elite Tactical LMSS2: Compact, Pro-Grade Spotting Scope, Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun news, gun reviews and gun magazines for gun enthusiasts, military and law enforcement, You use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our. The 338 model 111 is very close to the 110 inlet but you will need to remove a little material in the front of the bottom metal inlet and also the mag area to get the mag to fit. If you have us install the pillars plus a few bucks more, we will bed the lug and pillar areas, plus remove material from the inside front of the factory bottom metal and install it with bedding. You can't go wrong with a manners stock. I have a little Jimmy on my 260 and really like the looks of it and quality was superb. To be honest, I was not excited about shooting this gun at first because I did not see how a gun that weighs less than 11 pounds in this chambering could be anything but a beast. I have the 110 FCP Hs precision .338 lapua, nothing but issues so far. I had nothing but problems with mine. If you were to sell that 3 MOA rifle, what do you want for it? For purposes of clarity, I consent to Athlon's collection, storage, processing, and transfer of my Personal Data and Non-Personal Data (as defined in the Privacy Policy) for the purpose of signing up for the email newsletter. ????????????????????????????????????????????? He re-barreled and re-chambered it to 338 LM Improved got rid of the barrel nut, bed the action and reworked the accu-trigger. Thanks for the input. Its a 6 year old post a newbie dug up from the grave. I am currently using a hard case for range trips but would much prefer a soft case. It was loose when i bought it. I have a 110 FCP and had the typical savage sticky bolt problem until I took it to the smith. And to be clear, I haven't had any problems with my rifle, or the stock. Thank you very much, He recommends sending your 111 barreled actions, any chambering, due to the minor differences from the 110. As a new owner of a 111 LRH in 338 I'm curious as well. I bought a Savage 10 FCP .338 LM for reasons unknown. Not sure what I'd let it go for. $1600, firm. Another issue that I would like to point out is that the recoil lug on the factory 111 is only about .275" long and 1" wide. You are using an out of date browser. So you'd have to measure it's accuracy at that distance. I have the 110 FCP Hs precision .338 lapua, nothing but issues so far. I have read the Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy, and I hereby agree to those terms. The action is far from "smooth". The 110 FCP HS Precision in .338 Lapua Mag is shown equipped with the optional Tri-Rail scope mount fitted out with a Vortex Tactical Razor HD 5-20x50mm optic, a Laser Devices DBAL-A3 aiming laser and SureFire Model M720V-BK light. The 110 FCP HS Precision in .338 Lapua Mag is…. I sure didn't need another rifle. Nearly 50" long with big Sightron Scope. Feb 23, 2013 #1 D. dewey00 New Member. JavaScript is disabled. And if you replace the barrel, then you might as well true the action while you're at it right? Revolutionary, Austrian-designed tactical Steyr rifles that bring the precision firepower! But it's my understanding that the .338 LM is going to perform better at 300 plus yards as the bullet starts to "stabalize". If you gives those areas attention you'll being shooting a mile no problem. 30” Hart Barrel, bedded. There have been some extractor issues reported, but easy fixes. Joined Jul 2013; Posts 1233; EE 100% (31) TX, USA. I've seen this debated though, and I'm not knowledgable enough to have an opinion. What all can I do to this rifle to upgrade and improve it's accuracy? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Maybe the longer it sits the better it will shoot, and ammo will grow on the lapua tree. Comes with 50 pieces of fire formed brass, dies. JavaScript is disabled. Like new condition. In addition to making a lightweight .338 Lapua Mag that is a pussycat to shoot, Savage did it in a package that matches or exceeds the performance of rifles that cost two to three or even four times as much. It's got a 20 moa base, the first thing I did was loctite the base. So, you can see why I thought you were magically bending some unbreakable laws with this one.”. 30” Hart Barrel, bedded. Great price, if I was in the market for a 338 I'd buy it. Otherwise, good luck on finding aftermarket parts, even mags are hard to come by, at least the last time I checked. Otherwise, good luck on finding aftermarket parts, even mags are hard to come by, at least the last time I checked. Trigger is very good. Check your headspace and buy a 20 MOA scope base and put some loctite on your scope base screws and shoot. Oh, and all for a retail price of $1,499. Approx 150 rounds down the pipe. Lots of guys have done mods on their there. On these stocks, you must bed the lug area and make sure that the action is set up correct. If I was over a 100 posts it would be in the for sale section. They once again made modifications to those rifles, and we now have before us the 10/110 Stealth Evolution series of rifles.