Once the check are performed and the diagnostic is complete, an accurate repair can then be made to get your car running normally again. This code can be set from a weak turbo, intake leaks, or a bad boost sensor. Fault codes will... Have the oil pressure tested to see if it is low, or the oil sensor is reading wrong. GM's number for this recall is 14305. Without looking at the car it is impossible to tell which it is. Get a quote and book an appointment online or speak to a service advisor at 1-800-701-6230. “Finding a trusted mechanic at a reasonable price can be extremely difficult. VIDEO: Diagnosing a P0299 on a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. costs, Hand-picked, community-rated professionals, Explore nationwide job opportunities for automotive If it was a turbo bearing failure you should be able to hear the fouled bearing when the engine is running. Exposed wires increase the risk of electrical shock and personal injury if the cord is handled while it is plugged in. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300 or Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. © If the half shaft fractures and separates while driving, the vehicle would lose power and coast to a stop. However, I don't hear a noise, and the power drop is hardly noticeable and might even be a placebo. Turbo / Supercharger Underboost (Code P0299) on 2014 Cruze - Do I need to fix this? Should a disengagement occur while the vehicle is being driven, when the driver goes to stop and park the vehicle, the driver may be able to shift the lever to the "PARK" position, but the vehicle transmission may not be in the "PARK" gear position. This could be anything from... A problem, in your circumstance, is if you let you the check engine light stay illuminated, by failing to address this EVAP leak, you will not in the future get notice of new issues if they arise. Additionally, if the air bag does not inflate, the driver is at an increased risk of injury. General Motors' number associated with this recall is 14048. Interested in learning more? Every recall is serious, so it’s important that you contact an authorized service center as soon as possible to make an Our certified mobile mechanics can come to your home or office to perform the Check Engine Light diagnostic. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. P0299 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Turbo / Supercharger Underboost Condition". Even if you don’t notice a difference while driving the car probably will. The recall began on July 28, 2015. GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and if necessary replace the key cylinder lock housing, free of charge. If the symptoms you describe started literally the instant you drove away from the repair facility (as opposed to commencing even a day later) then the likelihood is an electrical connector, or vacuum line, was disturbed during the service or... Code P0301 stands for cylinder #1 misfire. The turbo feeds the air going into the engine, so if there is a problem with the turbo, I'd be concerned with it physically coming apart and sending chunks of metal through the engine (not a good time). © On the affected vehicles, the right front half shaft may fracture and separate. General Motors has notified owners. Get it fixed as soon as possible, drive it the bare minimum. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Buick Encore all-wheel-drive vehicles manufactured August 23, 2012, to September 9, 2013; Verano vehicles manufactured August 8, 2012, to June 20, 2013; Chevrolet Cruze vehicles manufactured August 7, 2012, to August 16, 2013, and 2012-2014 Chevrolet Sonic vehicles manufactured May 10, 2011, to August 16, 2012 equipped with a Calix oil pan/block heater. All our repairs are backed by our 12-month / 12,000-mile warranty. The 2 common failure that causes that code is the turbo and leaking intercooler piping. All turbochargers that are returned to the Warranty Parts Center (WPC) are inspected by GM Engineering for root cause failure. How Long Does a Cooling/Radiator Fan Motor Last? Jeep Grand Cherokee - Check Engine Light is on - Riverhead, New York. GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering gear assembly, free of charge. Please see our. Separation of the tie rod from the steering gear could result in the loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash. Many drivers simply don’t push their vehicles hard enough to heat the catalytic converter to its most-efficient temperature—between 800 °F (426 °C) and 1,832 °F (1,000 °C)—leading to premature failure. And that’s assuming a rebuild of the turbo isn’t possible. I would say yes, fix this. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 Buick Verano and 2016 Chevrolet Malibu as the electronic park lock lever may allow the ignition key to be removed without the transmission being in PARK. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, A place for cruze owners to come together, Press J to jump to the feed. YourMechanic All rights reserved. Our certified mobile mechanics can come to your home or office to perform the Check Engine Light diagnostic. VIDEO: Tool Review: Redline Detection Dual Purpose Diagnostic Leak Locator, Dual Purpose Diagnostic Leak Locator, No. Drove maybe another 50-100 miles and it went away. There are numerous potential causes for this code and your symptoms. The fan motor is the part that actually powers the cooling fan. As such, these vehicles do not conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 102, "Transmission Shift Lever Sequence, Starter Interlock, and Transmission Braking Effect." A place for cruze owners to come together, Press J to jump to the feed. A vehicle rollaway increases the risk of injury to exiting occupants and bystanders. All our repairs are backed by our 12-month / 12,000-mile warranty. In this video, Scott Brown of Connie and Dick’s Service Center, diagnoses an intermittent turbo underboost DTC … 95-0130, Wireless Digital Inspection Scope, No. about half way on return trip engine light came on, but no power problems. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. A mechanic will begin by hooking up a scan tool into the vehicle's OBD-II port and checking for any codes present. The car has a rough idle ( feels like car is jumping forward chugging in a rough idle ) and then shuts down. The car has 110k miles, if that is relevant. If you’re still unsure about what’s best for your vehicle, feel free to contact BuyAutoParts for knowledgeable assistance in getting the best replacement turbochargers and other parts for your vehicle. Parts for the remedy are not currently available. ... My 2014 Chevy Cruze LT is leaking oil and I was wondering if anyone knows where it might be leaking from. Asked by in Lawton, OK on . Also, I noticed no difference at all while highway driving. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013 and 2014 Chevrolet Cruze vehicles equipped with a 1.4L turbo engine, and manufactured between November 28, 2012, and March 7, 2014. I know very little about cars, so sorry if this isn't clear enough. technicians, Trusted mechanics, rated by thousands of happy car Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. A second owner letter will be mailed when parts are available. When it comes to buying brake pads, to be completely honest, almost every aftermarket part made today will be fine for your application. P0299 CHEVROLET Description The Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor measures the pressure inside the intake manifold.The pressure in the intake manifold is affected by turbocharging output, engine speed, accelerator pedal input, ambient air … Guy told me I'm suppose to be using premium gas but had car for 2 years and never had a problem with using unleaded gas.