Note at the time "Leuchtrakete" worked for Roccat. I understand there is a gaming mode to keyboard... and I am turning it on and off, and it makes no difference. My Keyboard MK FX is my first product of roccat and it's the last. Created by Anton Pupkov, General• Native support for custom features in multiple games.• Display volume percentage on the keyboard• Display CPU and Memory usage on the keyboard• Layering system for effects• Define custom layers with individual effects• Key selection via freeform region• Customizable “away from keyboard” effects• Set global peripheral brightness on the fly without having to leave your game• Completely turn off peripheral lights after a specific time• Interactive keyboard effects such as: Key Fade, Key Wave, and Arrow Flow• Preview lighting effects without having to launch the game• Simultaneous support for different brands of RGB peripheral devices• Support for a wide range of models from all the top brands of RGB peripherals• Support for almost any Logitech LED and Razer Chroma supported games• Add other programs to define custom lighting layers for daytime and nighttime themes• Display shortcut keys with Shortcuts Assistant• Automatic updater• Ability to select your preferred keyboard layout and brand• Ability to select your mouse, and it's orientation (left/right handed)• Import/Export for profile settings• Customizable gradient layers• Scripting support for custom lighting effects & custom devices... More Info ». There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. I've sent them multiple support tickets, and it seems they're focused on increasing revenue > improving their software. Macros dont work, when they do work, they stop working after my next reboot. SWARM doesn't even recognize the keyboard through Wine, the Linux alternatives don't have Vulcan included in their software...it is a bummer, but I love the feel of it enough to live I guess? Roccat Swarm is a Roccat hardware utility, hardware settings, RGB stuff.. //d2.alternativeto.net/dist/icons/roccat-swarm_150633.png?width=36&height=36&mode=crop&upscale=false. ROCCAT SWARM ALTERNATIVE. Roccat Nyth Review – Gaming Mouse | Tom's Guide. I am also hoping someone will save the day and come out with a SWARM hack that gives us the features without the failures. I have a good number of Easy Shift commands set up on the regular buttons, probably about half of the available keys. How does your AIMO Mouse not have any bugs when from what I understand, it uses the same SWARM UI as the keyboards? This is a subreddit dedicated to all things ROCCAT. Dedicated to high quality in-house gear design and engineering, future driven, German created, internationally minded. It sucks too, because I was going to get the AIMO Mouse they have, but that isnt going happen now, no matter how cool it looks. Best mouse I've ever had and I haven't encountered any software bugs so far. As mentioned by multiple users by now:There is no alternative to SWARM as that would obviously undermine our effort to develop a global driver for all our products. The AIMO lighting is just beautiful. comment about Project Aurora? Open source Swarm and your devices will be more powerful then ANY competitor out there. I also was in the habit of changing the program's priority in Task Manager to "Below Normal" & it seemed to reduce some of the gobs of memory it would gobble up & make it more stable, but note that setting it to any other priority would cause instability & crashing of SWARM. Created by ROCCAT, ROCCAT Swarm is the driver updating software from ROCCAT. Open source RGB lighting control that doesn't depend on manufacturer software. It allows user to easily set-up and customize lighting colors and effects. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Jun 2020 and the latest update was made in I can keep the SWARM software running just for AIMO... and I will even give up the "Easy -Shift[+] feature, if it means I can actually have a keyboard that works. https://github.com/roccat-linux/roccat-tools. Filter by license to discover only free or Open Source alternatives. After the Win10 patch bullshit, my system is having all sorts of issues and I am thinking about dumping Micro$hit too. Have you dared to attempt SWARM in wine? The ROCCAT Volcan really intrigued me because of the lighting function, and the sturdy build. Have you ever tried running Wine in Linux? Overall, I love the hardware. Its my 4th gaming keyboard. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. I'm gonna be hanging out with a penguin (we're both flippin' you the bird), cause who needs doors when you've got Molotov Cocktails coming through the fucking Windows? That is how it has been for years I'm afraid. This list contains a total of 5 apps similar to ROCCAT Swarm. Preach on! Jun 2020. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t there open source or third party software out there that allows you to create macro functions and remap keyboard/mouse functions and assign them to keys? Nevertheless, my Micro$oft Windows OS blew up & absolutely lost its fucking mind in the beginning of April, bricking & blue screening several times per day to the point where I couldn't do jack shit with it, even in Safe Mode it took a shit after 2 hours of applying fixes & uninstalling software! I am thinking maybe swapping it for a Logitech G910 Orion. Filter by license to discover only free or Open Source alternatives. I just got the new ROCCAT Volcan 100 AIMO. Only the default profiles stored on the keyboard & mouse are available, and those are in very limited capacity. comment about ROCCAT Swarm? This came AFTER all Memory tests passed, Check Disc found some issues, but successfully repaired/fixed them, according to its report. ROCCAT Swarm is the driver updating software from ROCCAT at least swarm seems to be running stable on your system, it regularly crashes on my pc which disables all media keys and I have to switch out of my full screen game to stop spotify manually which is really nice, Maybe you van try to reinstall the software, or install your macro's via a other PC. I laughed and cried for you. Just click the button up to your right! List updated: 6/7/2020 3:33:00 AM Swarm is a bad software and the dev team doesn't exist .. Feel free to send us your questions and feedback on hello@alternativeto.net, in our discussion forums, in our Discord channel or tweet us at @AlternativeTo, Made in Sweden, Fueled by great apps, coffee & good music, version: Release-263. I have had this thing for two weeks, and this software is such a POS its killing me. No reviews yet for ROCCAT Swarm, want to be first? Its my first ROCCAT product. The site is made by Ola and Markus in Sweden, with a lot of help from our friends and colleagues in Italy, Finland, USA, Colombia, Philippines, France and contributors from all over the world. ROCCAT Swarm is the driver updating software from ROCCAT. You find work-arounds or learn to live with the bugs because there just isn't other hardware that compares. Press J to jump to the feed. My rat, some people call it a mouse, is the Nyth. Project Aurora unifies RGB lighting devices across different brands and enables them to work alongside each other, all while adding and improving RGB lighting support for various games that previous had none or little RGB lighting support. Just click the button up to your right! I have owned "gaming" keyboards from Logitech, Razer, and Corsair. I would lose the Easy-Shift[+], but it would get me most of the way there... Also, since this keyboard is on death row to be returned for bad behavior, any recommendations on a replacement? Had these issues for years before some were fixed. While Turtle Beach sends out headsets for next-gen consoles, its German arm ROCCAT put out a new line of PC gaming gear.The series is called Elo, and targets PC gamers looking for quality sound at affordable prices. Capture and share videos, screenshots, and livestreams with friends. Your report should include a detailed description of what exactly is not working like you think it should as well as the SWARM version you are using (you can find the version in the upper left corner of the SWARM window) and a complete dxdiag report to help us troubleshoot incompatibilities.