Cam and crank sensors replaced. Non start Renault traffic. Chris arrived early and had our problem solved in a short time. Great service!! There are a few warning signs to watch out for before your camshaft position sensor completely fails and shuts down the engine, making replacement a necessity. How to replace a Renault Camshaft position sensor - YouTube This sensor will rarely show any fault codes or anything on diagnostics so you cant reply on that to guide you ... it is as I say,a known issue ( with many )...fitting your symptoms. As the camshaft position sensor weakens, the signal it transmits to the vehicle’s ECM also weakens. Home » BBA reman forum » Problems and Solutions » 2008 renault traffic 2.0 dci with fault code p0340 --- FIXED 2008 renault traffic 2.0 dci with fault code p0340 --- FIXED Posted By ian sterling Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:41:12 PM How is the connection causing problems. It needs to be completed before the engine cuts out and dies while you are driving, or does not start at all. He did a great job with my car and fixed some issues I couldn't figure out for awhile now! The camshaft and crankshaft sensors were replaced recently. Faulty crank and camshaft sensors can cause the engine to keeping cutting out, especially under acceleration. Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP. �����a����I;ӓ k�_�`���U��ĩq�n��S8"���W{tb(�.Gς_m�����:�m �0$M:���P�z�r⮫z���׈����$t��0�*`�uVW�0;:�_��`#��F_���-Xv���P��Y�u�Gy��vJ�RՕ��AM�.�K�������!ҧ�o$�y��#�� ���1� �'����R"/s{����8ap��7##"�ܐ-ϟ�?��}�>��X y����f Renault Mechanics on JustAnswer are verified through an extensive 8-step process including screening of licenses, certifications, education and/or employment. P0335: Crankshaft position sensor A circuit malfunction. Case Details: The breaking of the belt has damaged the valves and rods. Engine management faults could include the camshaft sensor, issues with the ECU and also problems with the wiring loom. Thanks for that. Open the oil cap and look inside for the camshaft. P0338: Crankshaft position sensor A circuit high input. The sensor codes can appear because the engine has cut out even though the sensors are okay. Presuming that the new crank and camshaft sensors are functioning properly, the 1080 code indicates that the camshaft and crankshaft are out of sync. He followed up with me by phone the next day to check on her. When I went to start the car the next day I had tr, I am going to look at a second hand clio sport 182 with a view to buying. You still haven't turned off your adblocker or allowed our site. }. There should not be any oil on the belt. Its 2005 reg but only has 28500 miles on the clock. P2266 OBD-II Trouble Code: Low Voltage in Water in Fuel Sensor, P3493 OBD-II Trouble Code: Cylinder 12 Exhaust Valve Control Malfunction. It only takes a few seconds. Dodge Charger - Vehicle Engine Electrical Inspection - Nashville, Tennessee. Clearing the code. The ECM uses this data to determine the timing of the ignition, as well as the timing of the fuel injection that the engine requires. Are you wondering how serious the problem is? The mechanic will scan the ECM and see what error codes are being shown to diagnose the problem quickly. According to Cambiare, engine vibrations cause the terminals within the multi plug to work loose, causing a poor connection, which in turn triggers a crankshaft sensor fault … And thanks for reading Autoblog. Please enable Cookies and reload the page. Crankshaft sensor problems for Renault engines Issue 11 The situation. If your vehicle idles roughly, stalls frequently, has a drop in engine power, stumbles frequently, has reduced gas mileage, or accelerates slowly, these are all signs your camshaft position sensor could be failing. Check your in-box to get started. The engine turns over but fails to start. The Check Engine Light will come on once the camshaft position sensor starts to go bad. Thank you so much Miguel!!! The P0128 code is most likely caused by one of the following three issues: a faulty thermostat, a faulty engine coolant temperature sensor, or a processing error in the ECM. Thanks for subscribing. Repairs covered by 12-month/12,000-mile warranty. Toyota Prius - Headlight Bulb Replacement (Driver Side Low Beam, Passenger Side Low Beam) - Huntington Beach, California, Ford Taurus - Vehicle Engine Electrical - Los Angeles, California. The mechanic will scan the ECM and see what error codes are being shown to diagnose the problem quickly. As a result of a high number of crankshaft sensor problems with popular Renault engines, Renault discovered that the issue does not lie in the crankshaft sensor itself (Cambiare part no. Either of these could cause oil to appear on the belt. I greatly appreciated the personal contact and follow up. Miguel is a blessing. Because the Clio has an interference engine there is a substantial chance of a broken camshaft chain causing internal damage. Can, i have a renault kangoo mf534 nbd it will start in morning sometimes run for 30 seconds other time may run for a hour i have a car with the same engine that i am useing for parts i have changed the in, 3.0L V6 petrol Grande Espace 3 auto intermitently stalls and runs very lumpy sometimes. © If the other problems are ignored, eventually the vehicle will not start. The sensor codes can appear because the engine has … You must be logged in to perform that action. We get it. As soon as you notice your vehicle does not drive like it used to, the Check Engine Light is on, or the vehicle will not start properly, the sensor may need to be replaced. Our certified mobile mechanics make house calls in over 2,000 U.S. cities. Over time, the camshaft position sensor can fail, or become worn down, due to accidents or normal wear and tear. Kia Optima - Vehicle Engine Electrical Inspection - Nutley, New Jersey. Over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical guides, Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance costs, Hand-picked, community-rated professionals, Our mechanics make house calls in over 2,000 cities, Explore nationwide job opportunities for automotive technicians, Trusted mechanics, rated by thousands of happy car owners, Fleet maintenance with certified mobile mechanics. The camshaft position sensor gathers information about the vehicle’s camshaft speed and sends it to the vehicle’s engine control module (ECM). If no problem is found in the wiring and the condition persists, then the fault will probably lie in the ECM itself which will most likely need to be replaced. Since this light can come on for many different reasons, it is best to have the vehicle thoroughly inspected by a professional. gR@h�%j ��M�A��U[4��?���*��:�}/�M���d “For this reason, the new sensor is blue in colour to aid part identification.”. .hide-if-no-js { Once the problem has been diagnosed, you will be provided with an upfront quote for the recommended fix and receive $20.00 off as a credit towards the repair. When the light comes on the computer should store the code to let the technician know what it saw. As the camshaft position sensor weakens, the signal it transmits to the vehicle's ECM also weakens. display: none !important; 1. The exact text will differ depending on the actual application you have running. .hide-if-no-js { The latter can be a dangerous situation. Hello. Made with ♥ in Silicon Valley. As a result of a high number of crankshaft sensor problems with popular Renault engines, Renault discovered that the issue does not lie in the crankshaft sensor itself but in the connection between the component and the vehicle harness multi-plug. And free is good, right? Select the option to run ads for autoblog.com, by clicking either "turn off for this site", "don't run on pages on this domain", "allow this site" or similar. It will start with the spray, or bump start, and, Good Evening I have a Renault Megane 2003 DSI 1.5 and recently I have had the service light come on with the message 'check ignition' whilst driving. If such a sound was heard then it is possible that the belt was over tensioned. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our, By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our, Please type your question in the field below, My shih tzu had severe abdominal pain - at 10 pm at night of course! Although apparently fully serviced the cam belt has not been changed. Issues are suggested through the engine management light, which should disappear within 1-2 seconds of start-up. VE363079) but in the connection between the component and the vehicle harness multi-plug. 4 The Check Engine Light will come on once the camshaft position sensor starts to go bad. The groves on the camshafts must be aligned where the cam locking goes. Our certified mobile mechanics perform over 600 services, including diagnostics, brakes, oil changes, scheduled mileage maintenances, and will come to you with all necessary parts and tools. Oil can do this if there is a failure in a valve stem seal or if there is a piston ring failure.... Hi there. Renault repair questions? Renault traffic. Common signs include the Check Engine Light coming on, the vehicle not starting, and an overall reduction in vehicle drive quality. You must have JavaScript enabled to experience the new Autoblog. This problem should not be ignored because eventually the engine will stop working entirely. Of course, these are symptoms for any number of other problems, too. You’re You’re driving your car and everything is going fine when, suddenly, the Check Engine Light comes on. However, if changing them has not resolved the problem the next thing to check is a fuel issue. News, Reviews, Photos, Videos delivered straight to your in-box. What do you think is wrong, We are all scratching our heads with my Renault grand, I need a Cam Shaft Position Sensor, for a 2004 Sentra, I'm, My renault scenic, was on my way home, engine died, pulled, laguna: first 10 minutes.Have drained..1.5 ltrs of engine oil..awhile, intermittent problem..engine turns..spray, or bump start..garage, renault: white smoke..smoke clears and run fine..starts fine..ran fine, I am going to look at a second hand clio sport 182..reg..serviced, Renault: the injectors crankshaft,camshaft sencers yesterday..ecu, 3.0L V6 petrol grande espace 3 auto..stalls..new plugs.  ×  My renault scenic, was on my way home, engine died, pulled over, engine will turn over but will not fire, Hi to all,I have a 02 plate laguna and recently the engine became ratly at idle fine when cold about the first 10 minutes.Have drained about 1.5 ltrs of engine oil and topped up with thick wynns and 7, My Grand Espace Expression D March 2002 regd has had an intermittent problem for a year or so with starting. [])). display: none !important; As the camshaft position sensor weakens, the signal it transmits to the vehicle's ECM also weakens. Why is it when fault codes showed crank and camshaft sensor problems, replacing them did not fix the engine cutting out on a Renault Clio Mk.2? How Do I Look Up What Different Codes Mean? I'm 64 yrs old and I have experienced many disappointments with car mechanics. ©2020 Verizon Media. Please see our, Dodge Ram 2500 - Vehicle Engine Electrical - Perris, California. shaft out of range / performance B-033 P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction B-033 P0380 Ext. The seals should be checked as well as the functioning of the camshaft pulley and then a new belt should be fitted. The most popular service booked by readers of this article is Vehicle Engine Electrical Inspection. Online mechanical Experts will be able to answer your questions and provide you with the optimum solutions to your problems.