“That’s my goal.”. I have always enjoyed covering Enunwa and appreciated that he worked his way from a sixth-round pick to a key contributor on the team. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Your California Privacy Rights Enunwa is not blasting the medical staff here. “Boy, the NFL sure did hold on tight to testing for weed but spent very little time making sure players were taking care of their mental health during this time.”. Furthermore he punched walls and Enunwa was … Yes, you should plan on traveling to see family for Thanksgiving, Video shows the moment 8-year-old was shot while trick-or-treating, New York is about to kill a whole lot of landlords, Former Marine from A&E's '60 Days In' kills himself after online post, Salt Life co-founder charged after teen found shot at Florida hotel, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, How failed QB and GM blocked Patrick Mahomes from being a Jet, Why Sam Darnold's progress should still matter to Jets fans, Therapy for a Jets fan: 'I can't take it anymore', Jets' inevitable Adam Gase firing will spark complicated coaching search, Jets must get rid of disgruntled Le'Veon Bell immediately, Giants are teasing us in the cruelest of ways, The Daniel Jones doubts grow after blown Giants chance. He recently held a live Q&A session about mental health on the official NFL Players Association Twitter account and told ESPN’s Rich Cimini in May that he wants to become a sports-performance therapist once his playing days come to an end. While he missed two treatments to take his veteran wife to lunch on Veterans Day and to deal with an “emergency,” Quincy Enunwa called the fines “excessive.” Going public with it feels childish. November 15, 2019 | 10:44am | Updated November 16, 2019 | 3:53am. You are around the team, but not really part of it because you are not playing. Doing it after the fact is not the same, especially when it appears he missed two consecutive sessions on Friday and Monday. New York agreed to trade Williamson and a 2022 seventh-rounder in exchange for Pittsburgh's 2022 fifth-rounder. Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify, Gang's All Here: A NY Jets Podcast That Enunwa contract was risky when it was signed and blew up because of the injury.

Sam Darnold said his shoulder MRI "turned out really good," while appearing on ESPN NY radio's The Michael Kay Show. This is Adam Gase holding a player accountable. Thanks for contacting us. But, as a precaution, Gase said Darnold will undergo an MRI on... Sunday featured more of the same for the Jets, who dropped to 0-8 on the season following a 35-9 loss at the hands of the defending Super Bowl champions. 100% of proceeds will be donated to @therapyforblackgirls and National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network, which aim to provide culturally affirming therapy to people of color.”.

Similar to Quincy Enunwa, Cager is a speed threat with the body of a tight end. Enunwa could have texted or phoned someone with the Jets to tell them he had to miss the sessions, and then the Jets would have had a decision to make on whether to excuse him or not. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. It is a bad look for the Jets and indicates there is a communication breakdown between management and players. Enunwa shared an image of …

She suffered minor injuries. “Just got the NFLPA reminder about drug testing this fall,” Enunwa wrote. Aflați mai multe despre modul în care folosim informațiile dvs. — Jason_OTC (@Jason_OTC) August 3, 2020. He’s dynamic with the ball in his hands and can be a good fit in quick throw and bubble screen packages that Adam Gase likes to run. Michaels takes 50 percent off Christmas trees for holiday sale, The best Wi-Fi extenders for boosting your internet connection range, Best Buy's 27 biggest early Black Friday deals of 2020, Thanksgiving meal kits and delivery services for an easy holiday feast, Master Microsoft Excel with this 90-hour training that’s on sale for just $70, Ed O'Neill got a huge pay raise and Porsche for resigning on 'Married ... with Children', Biden gets first victory of election day, winning all votes in small NH town. Jets wide receiver Quincy Enunwa is not pleased with the NFL’s priorities. So that's a good sign.". If you are unhappy, let the team know. Quincy Enunwa – Assaulted his girlfriend at a hotel. Sitemap While the Jets' defense unsurprisingly failed to contain Patrick Mahomes, their kicker kept the team in the game. Terms of Use THE BEST INSIGHTS FROM THE ULTIMATE INSIDERS, Blue Rush: A NY Giants Podcast Do Not Sell My Personal Information. At 27, he is being told there is only a 50 percent chance he will play again. Please check your email for a confirmation. I just think he could have handled all of this better. He is taking aim at Gase and general manager Joe Douglas, just like Adams did. Being injured can be a depressing situation for a player. Among the many things on the league’s to-do list is player drug testing in the fall. 2. On Wednesday, Enunwa received a reminder from the NFLPA about the testing and took to Twitter to question why the NFL emphasizes drug testing its players instead of ensuring their mental health amid a pandemic and rampant social and racial injustices taking place throughout America. I also think players need to stop airing their dirty laundry on social media. So, though the Jets have a public relations problem right now with three players publicly ripping the team in the last month, I don’t think all the situations should be lumped together in terms of the substance of the complaints. Quincy Enunwa blasts NFL's drug testing policy, lack of mental health concern . He has very few rules, but punctuality and showing up for work are a few of them. That means going to treatment when scheduled.