When he arrived at Sapaugh and found that the shop had some problems with color match, he said he talked to Cooper Color President Dave Cooper about switching. Many OEM colors are considered to be translucent, providing a cleaner, more vibrant look than older technology pigmentation. I have sprayed a lot of shopline, which is just cheap sprayable paint. Waterborne Products, Systems, And Application(REF07). OEM manufacturers continually bring out new and more technically complex original finishes that present unique repair challenges. By valleyrider in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions! While you can use any gun to spray waterborne paint, you will likely extend the life of your equipment by using spray guns specifically designed for use with water-based paints. Since waterborne contains lower VOC than solvent, it is easier to control the air quality inside a shop or spray facility. Yeah, I know, no big deal change a pulley size and you are good to go, but in shops where you have a dusty environment outside the booth, its just more air to get sucked in and dust along with it. Drying equipment can range from simple additions to existing equipment or by installing specialized equipment specifically designed for use with waterborne automotive paint systems. The flocculating agent separates solids from waste water—making it possible to reuse the filtrate at least ten times before its cleaning properties diminish. he gave it his best shot for a couple years but now it just sits there and he refuses to use it. Can I mix the new sealers with my current ones. Delivering everything high-production collision centers need, the Envirobase® High Performance waterborne system achieves outstanding color match for today’s OEM finishes, provides easy-to-use products for improved cycle times and is included in the PPG Paint Performance Guarantee. Envirobase Product Catalog: Technical Data Sheets/MSDS Index, High productive paint systems, including PPG’s world leading waterborne technology, Lifetime Paint Performance Guarantee for Certified Shops, Collision Center layout and design services, MVP (Maximum Velocity Performance) collision center productivity program. Problems arising from faulty spray technique are usually the result of improper gun setup, poor overlapping and moving too fast or too slow while spraying. At PPG, we pride ourselves on being true innovators in the world of automotive refinish.In 1999, we were the first coatings manufacturer to introduce a low VOC waterborne basecoat platform with PPG Envirobase. Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions! OfferUp is the si... U-Pull R-Parts is a family-run business offering recycled auto parts to grease monkeys, gear-heads, backyard mechanics, do-it-yourselfers a... Grinding, squealing and vibrating are some signs your brakes may be failing. ABOUT PPG | Despite being the "official body shop of Ferrari of Washington" their quality has plummeted since they have started using the waterborne paint. When we first started we hated it. Airflow ensures evaporation pulls water from the substrate out. EHP basecoat offers a premium-quality solution for collision centers that can benefit from a simple, easy-to-use system offering maximum throughput with globally-accepted OEM approvals. I Sprayed DBC at the first shop I worked at for months and enjoyed it. CANADA. PPG has a list Of spray guns available that have been tested. Guía con miles de negocios en Mesquite, TX. I came to prefer using a single hand held dryer, as it caused less turbulence in the booth and had less dust, also I was able to concentrate on areas that took longer to dry. I have used Sherwin Williams paint for a long time with no problems it all depends on what quality You buy. Supposedly Envirobase dries quickly even with a standard type spray booth. friend of mine that has a shop here had diamont. CHC Paint And Body Shop Supplies has your solution for keeping up-to-date with the newest technologies, techniques and trends in automotive refinishing. Copyright © 2013-2020 CHC Paint & Body Shop Supplies Inc. | All rights reserved. Available now is our easy-to-use calculator that helps painters determine how much Envirobase ® High Performance T493 or Aquabase ® Plus P935-1255 modifier to add into already reduced PPG waterborne basecoat. Confirm that you have clean, dry air being delivered to your spray gun. The first line of support for any hardware problem is the PPG Computer. More adjuster and they make the flake. Plastic Additive For Primer Find Out More. Performance Built Jeep A9or 32RH Automatic Transmission and Torque Converter. I've tried both ppg and glasurit. While standard safety equipment is still required, you can virtually eliminate the harsh odors associated with using solvent based paint throughout your facility. PPG empowers you to perfect every stage of color matching. Make polishing easier with these best practices! I have known this body shop for years. They showed a video with Charley Hutton talking about the PPG Envirobase system that he uses. It was all done in the home garage and having the rotisserie was a definite advantage when it came to sealing and painting the underside. Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment. _ Envirobase High Performance represents the 3rd generation advancement of the innovative, waterborne technology that PPG originally introduced in 1999. Log in. They are the only systems that do not require a stir machine due to PPG ’s anti-settling technology. Temperature and humidity also play a role in dry-times. Some examples include: They use PPG Envirobase and we have taken the car back to them a few times for leaving buffer trails and bad swirl marks on brand new paint. It may not display this or other websites correctly. EHP basecoat offers a premium-quality solution for collision centers that can benefit from a simple, easy-to-use system offering maximum throughput with globally-accepted OEM approvals. At the school, I learned what the problem was and I thought I would share it with you in the video below. Seems like it would be a no brainer. EHP basecoat offers a premium-quality solution for collision centers that can benefit from a simple, easy-to-use system offering maximum throughput with globally-accepted OEM approvals. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Sufficient airflow is key to proper performance of waterborne basecoat. Auto Collision Repair JC Customs in Glen Burnie specialize in automotive paint and custom finishes. Second drawback is you need more air flow since its heavier to paint and more will land on the floor than going in the filters. Cracking, peeling right out of the gun. Waterborne coatings require good air flow to quickly evaporate water from the basecoat. The absolute biggest drawback to waterborne paint is the clear. You can place any HTML in this tooltip. Easier to spray, metallic is supposed to lay down better. My plan is to use a Duplicolor primer and since I work at a bodyshop paint the models with leftover paints from cars. Even when it gets muggy here in Minnesota, our painter has been trained on how to deal with it, and we never need to re-paint a vehicle as a result. My previous job at the dealership, we only used PPG Envirobase. I know not all waterbornes are created equal, there are some that I hear very good reviews of from experienced hands. The renovated apart... Dry paint is the premature loss of oils from a car ’s clear coat, making the surface appear lightly fractured. Designed to be used in conjunction with T492 Adjuster. The information provided on this website is for educational and informational purposes only and solely as a self-help tool for your own use. CollisionBlast.com assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained on this website. The OEM process utilizes an exotic tri-coat system made up of a black color coat followed by high brightness leafing … Every shop has a functional compressor however the method by which you choose to dry your finish may determine your need for a potential upgrade. Below you will find some of the additional reasons that shop owners throughout the country are making the switch to PPG’s water based paints. One thing is for sure and that is the Collision Repair Industry is rapidly changing. We’ve been using Nexa Autocolor waterborne for awhile, but we were having an issue with solid colors drying. PPG is the clear cut market leader in the development, and implementation of waterborne technologies. One thing is for sure and that is the Collision Repair Industry is rapidly changing. All waterborne basecoat systems are definitely not created equal. Oh and don't forget you buildings insurance just went up too. Colors are more vibrant, supposedly a very quick dry time, no dealing with solvent issues. With out the driers you are screwed unless you live in desert. Specifically formulated for use in Envirobase ® High Performance waterborne basecoat.