Force USA MyRack - $499 + ($250 LatPulldown) - This one is a little less deep than I was wanting but it does have a LatPulldown attachment that I would get with it, this would be really handy for LatPulldowns, Tricep Pushdowns, Facepulls, etc. Christ-Centered writes that “I’ve had it for a couple years and it has served me perfectly.”. If I had a bigger budget I would have gone with a rogue power rack. Power racks are made with steel, so longevity isn't really an issue. There are only three reasons to buy a more expensive rack than Titan: You're planning to lift over 1000 lbs (in this case, I would probably still go with Titan X series rated for 1500 lb). I know that Rogues quality is top notch and I have seen similar things about their customer service. I have the ForceUSA rack and I like it, but it seems to be more expensive in the US compared to Australia (ironic) so I'm not sure it'd be worth it compared to your other options. the second one. The Fitness Reality 810XLT power rack is an incredibly appealing option to people looking to build out a home gym. It was solid but I wanted a power rack. I seen a bunch of amazing DIY power racks. I think the x-2 is a little smaller than I was wanting. “I’m completely happy with it,” they write. Size is not a limiting factor where this will be going. My budget is around $200 and under. I’ve been lifting for about 20 years now. Rogue’s quality is bar none, and the interesting thing is it holds it value too. Hey guys, so I've decided to start making a home gym and there are tons of equipment as far as Power Racks I can get. Reddit says: Weight capacity low for advanced lifters, Reddit says: Westside hole pattern a huge plus, Reddit says: One of the best money can buy. A former Reddit user wrote, “For the price you get a great rack, stable, and well built,” and mentions this budget power rack also fits attachments from most major brands like Titan. Reddit is one of my favorite places to get information and do research. You can customize it however you want for a small fraction of the cost of a new one. Probably the best combination of value and quality is going to be the Titan T-3, according to the dozens of Reddit threads I’ve poured through, plus my own separate research. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. HulkFit Multi-Function Adjustable Power Rack7. The biggest difference is the price, but I also want to get something that will last me at least 5 years. I wish Titan had something like this. My concerns are that the Echo class of racks are supposedly Rogue lowest quality, but I am not sure how this compares to other companies. “To me it wasn’t worth spending an extra $500 to et a Rogue rack.”. So you’re an advanced lifter who can move some serious weight. From my research and reading through tons of different threads, people seem to be really high on the Titan T-3. Another simple and to the point endorsement of this high-end rack: u/HeyItsBlake writes, “Get it!! It was ugly but strong. 100 percent personal preference, there are 3 racks of different sizes at my local gym, and the 24" one just feels cramped to me. What do you guys think about this one or do you have a better recommendation? I never like the CF style pin & pipe racks, nor the sabre safety racks. Fuck. However, I'm not sure if I want the regular height (92") or the short one (82.35"). I’m quite happy with my Titan set up. OK. And if you’re wondering if this rack will hold up over the long haul and make the price worthwhile in the end, user KickTodayInTheDick says it sure will. Powermax AE - This one is way out of budget but is my favorite style of rack, I like the open top and weight storage on the back. Beachbody & P90X vs CrossFit: Which Workout Should You Do? I would prefer it over the weight tree. If there are any quality racks that I have missed in this price range I would love to know about them. This might be unpopular to say here, but if quality is your highest priority stay away from Titan for a power rack. “Unless you’re massively strong it’s going to function great for years.”. 2×3” steel tubes, super sturdy construction. I second this comment. 11 tips to make the pain go away. (But no cables that I saw, I could be wrong though). Squat Rack, Power Rack, Squat Cage, they are all the same thing. Use lag bolts on the wood. Valor Fitness BD-78. It has attachments available for upgrading. Titans quality seems to be alright, and customer service seems similar. User soandanother writes that the T-2 is a perfect choice for beginner and intermediate lifters. So what do real life Reddit users have to say about this power rack? Get the latest price & free shipping on the T-3 on Amazon right here. You're not paying $250+ extra because the rack will make you bigger, stronger or faster, you're paying extra for a piece of art. I am looking to buy a rack with in the next 6 months and have started researching different makes and models and here is a collection of my thoughts and comments for your guys opinions. I used 4x4s, 2x6s, 2x8s, and some steel from work for the fall protection bars, pull up bar and the bar holding pins. (This is the T-2’s big brother, basically.). I combed through about two dozen different Reddit threads on r/homegym, r/strengthequipment, r/fitness, and other subreddits to find the most recommended racks. You’d be hard pressed to do much better than this, and honestly, you won’t need to unless you’re a professional powerlifter or strong man. Fitness Reality 810XLT2. Because you get to hear straight from real people. You can check out the Titan T-3 squat rack right here from Titan. A former Reddit user wrote, “For the price you get a great rack, stable, and well built,” and mentions this budget power rack also fits attachments from most major brands like Titan. Why? trustyspotter@gmail.com, 12540 Broadwell Rd. I paid $450 for the S3, and sold it for $300. Eventually, though, if you continue progressing toward advanced strength levels, you might want to upgrade. Let’s take a closer look at each of them along with some Reddit comments that should give you some insight into the pros and cons. So it’s no surprise that the R-3 comes highly recommended from real folks over at Reddit, though it’s out of the budget for many. And it’s one of the best affordable choices for moving a lot of weight. I sold a Rogue S3. I think this is the one I'm gonna end up getting. Second one so you can safely fail while squatting and benching. My vote would be for swing in safety Powertec or Body Solid GPR378, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Most Reddit reviews of the Fitness Reality 810XLT seem to be surprisingly positive! But maybe not. Reddit user BlanketyTank adds “I love the T2,” adding that they went for the short version to fit in their basement. Get the latest price & free shipping on the T-2 right here. Based on the things that are important to you, I'd say go with the Titan T-6. I'm not super concerned with it being made in the USA, and I will never loft over 1000lbs haha. Let’s check in with the good people of Reddit on this one. So if anyone knows of a cheaper alternative I would love to know about it. To me it wasn’t worth spending an extra $500 to get a Rogue rack, and I watched Craigslist for months waiting for one to pop up. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I love hearing what real people have to say on Reddit, because you know they’re going to give it to you straight. Hey Reddit. So recently I started doing some body weight exercises and decided to invest on either a power tower or power rack. They add that anyone putting up over 650lbs on a lift is going to want an upgraded rack with a higher weight capacity. I currently have a Titan T3 in my garage and I’m completely happy with it. Yes you can get a weight tree, but storing on the rack makes makes (un)loading quicker and is a more efficient use of space. Redditors’ opinions on adjustable dumbbells, Flatout ProteinUP Carb Down Flatbread (Honest Review). If you’re looking for the best power rack, Reddit users can definitely help you make the right choice. A Power Rack and a Squat Rack are two different terms for the same thing! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Let’s take a look at what Redditors have to say about the Titan T-2. Titan T-3 squat rack right here from Titan. But I always stand by the research and recommendations that I provide here. Thanks. That's not a Rouge vs Titan difference. Some of the ones you mentioned, that I’m familiar with, are 2x2 or 3x2 tubing. though if you can spend that much, take a look at what Rogue has to offer. They may or may not be experts in their field or niche, but if they’re hanging around Reddit discussing it, they’re probably fanatics and pretty knowledgeable in their own right. This rack comes recommended by Reddit pretty frequently as a budget choice from one of the best power rack brands in the biz. I've had it for a couple years and it has served me perfectly. Titan T-6 - $710 - This is probably my current front runner, but I could be convinced other wise. So far I was trying to decide between This one abd This other one. A subreddit devoted to working out at home. I have the titan t-3 hd, no tax or shipping cost to California. Here are a few highlights I was able to dig up: Reddit user aperson643 writes, “I’m not expert, but it feels quite sturdy,” mentioning that the package was delivered easily by UPS (though it weighed nearly 150 pounds!”, “My only complaints are that the hole spacing could be closer,” they write. The myforce rack lat attachment is really nifty though. It's plenty strong. HulkFit 1000-Pound5. I currently have a Titan T3 in my garage and I’m completely happy with it. That should tell you how good the Titan T-3 is! “Overall I’m very happy with it. CAP Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand4. Otherwise, if I never had to buy another rack again I’m quite happy with my decked out Titan T3. I’m a dad and 30-something-year-old fitness enthusiast. Is it impressive? If I had a bigger budget I would have gone with a rogue power rack. It is a metal cage which allows you to safely lift heavy weights. Buying Guide – Best Cheap Squat and Power Racks Power Rack vs Squat Rack? I’ve owned and used home made welded up racks, cheap shitty Dick’s sporting goods racks, Rogue, Titan, Fringe, and of course super heavy duty commercial racks. Is there any reason you need something with more depth beyond 24”? Get the Rogue R-3 straight from Rogue right here. Power racks are made with steel, so longevity isn't really an issue. “I love this rack so far, and am happy with the purchase,” they write. The Echo also has very few attachments. I do like the back plate storage. It's 499 for the base model in the US, 250 for the late pull down and 300 of 1 side of the cable attachments. Rep PR-1100 Power Rack6. Best investment in home equipment I have made. It’s one of the least expensive full power racks around. I have a T3 and it's great, I'm confident that the rack will last for my entire lifting career. It was solid but I wanted a power rack. Most likely if I ever replace it, it will be because a smoking deal on a Rogue or heavy duty commercial rack popped up on Craigslist. I sold a Rogue S3. That's true, but Rogue is completely unnecessary for most people. So Titan's X-3 racks are on sale now for 15% off and I'm in the window to actually pull the trigger on rack.