Dropping a General Motors Small Block V8 into the rear of the Pontiac Fiero is a relatively easy and inexpensive way to transform the mid-engine sports car into a much more serious performance package. Best job I ever had. Cool car, hope the engine stays cool too.

Most are butcher jobs. Polityką dotyczącą plików cookie i podobnych technologii. I was a big poncho fan, had a 69 and 70 GTO and 70 and 74 firebird. We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team. Reason for sale is simple, I have a second project that I want to finish and want to use the cash from the FINO to complete it. space frame, it appears to have been derived from the Fiero program. © COPYRIGHT 2020 POWERED BY LSX V8 ENGINES, LOVE & REVERENCE. How does it compare with the last c4 vetts. I was visibly shocked. The website hasn’t been updated in about 6 years. I “finished” it twice. This will take you right to where the engine swap started.

I want it…. No, sorry, not for a Fiero swap, so doesn’t have to be Fiero-specific.

Auto shows should not have an Orphan class so that your Trans Am is in a class with a Crosley and a Nash. In 1983 Hoglund told his top three dozen staffers that Pontiac would rebuild itself with cars that were “exciting” and “different.” These terms only described one of Pontiac's cars in their current lineup, Aldikacti's "commuter car." I have had a couple friends do this swap.

I almost wish I had done that. The V6 was paired with a modified Muncie 4-speed transmission. Ponadto motocykle, maszyny rolnicze, quady i przyczepy.

również ochrony przed spamem, złośliwym oprogramowaniem i nieuprawnionym korzystaniem z naszych usług. The parent company is still alive & kicking. Anybody remember when first sneak peeks of a Fiero called it a GTO [5], The marketing included title sponsorship of Daryl Hall & John Oates tour supporting the release of their Big Bam Boom album.

The album cover featured Hall & Oates standing with a red 1984 Fiero SE.[11].

Individuals present at the unveiling of the new fastback roof style, in February 1984, at GM's Arizona test track, actually thought it was a new Corvette at first. This kit is designed to be a bolt on installation with no frame cutting required.

They had production tooled the aluminum sand cast head with Karl Schmidt and the die cast aluminum block at a GM Central Foundry.

gtjeff, sorry,I know nothing of the V8, Grand National or aluminum space frame Fieros. The issue is a compatible FWD trans. A total of 370,168 units were produced over the relatively short production run of five years; by comparison, 163,000 Toyota MR2s were sold in their first five years. The engine swap adds about 150 pounds to the total weight of the car, which should be right around 2,600 pounds empty. Additionally, a multitude of different General Motors engines have been installed by enthusiasts, from the Quad-4 engine to the Chevrolet small-block V8 to the Cadillac 4.9 L and Northstar V8s. Czy chcesz zapisać aktualne kryteria wyszukiwania? The bottom end blew out, the flywheel and part of the crank hit the outside exit door and spun across the parking lot like a top. An automatic 3-speed transmission, MD-9 Hydramatic 125-C, was available along with A/C.

A mid-engine layout was originally chosen as a way to reduce both aerodynamic drag and vehicle weight to improve fuel efficiency, and also for its handling, traction, and braking benefits. What frightens me about these, and other cars of the era (IROC’S, Z28’s), is what all that brittle plastic used in them is going to do to the cost of restoring/maintaining them. We had the data back in 1997 that the base engine could be warranted for a half a million miles if we wanted. You get the idea. A V8-powered 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT will soon head to auction via Worldwide Auctioneers.

Tell us about the performance.

All four-speed manual transmissions were built at the Muncie, Indiana Allison plant.

Having driven both maybe not. [citation needed] The single 1990 Fiero GT prototype had an early version of the upcoming DOHC V-6 that would be put into production in the Grand Prix and Lumina Z34 in the early 1990s. The guy that might know is currently managing the Chevy COPO build center.

It was set up with electric power steering. Subscribe to GM Authority for more Pontiac Fiero news, Pontiac news and around-the-clock GM news coverage. However, due to the use of multiple suspension pivot and attachment points (similar to the Corvette's suspension architecture), maintaining the suspension is more costly than some less technical suspension systems. Wait until you see what is coming after direct injection.

PONTIAC FIERO 2.5 V8 WENTYLATOR CHŁODNICY 22036268. od. And that name has always stuck and rightly so, as the parent company was gone. The car is running, is currently being driven, has a fresh Virginia Safety inspection, and I have a clear title in hand. We would love for you to enjoy our content, we've worked hard on providing it. Do I understand it correctly that this is no longer a mid engined car but now a rear engined using the FWD engine and transaxle from the Caddy?