We must not use Christianity as a fig leaf to hide our moral nakedness. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. try { He is an admirer of Patrice Lumumba and Thomas Sankara, the assassinated revolutionary leaders of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Burkina Faso, respectively. He has received many prestigious Recognition and Awards from local and international renowned organisations and institutions. This exactly is why PLO Lumumba is a security threat. "misgovernment" from their leaders. Like the man for whom I am named, I prefer to die with my head high above with indestructible faith and profound belief in the destiny of my country, than to live in humility and renounce the principles which I consider sacred.”. if ( localStorage.getItem(skinItemId ) ) { _g1.classList.remove('lazyload'); | All Rights Reserved. Statement made to the Press in 1997 during the Ethnic Clashes. Contributions like we have done today is mere tranquilizing, fire fighting which attacks symptoms while leaving causes untouched and unshaken. corruption in an environment where all odds were against [him]".[6]. I am always surprised when I hear our so called political leaders saying they want their tribesmen to enjoy the national cake; yet, I never hear then talking of baking the national cake. _g1 = document.getElementById('g1-logo-inverted-source'); He also talked about the issue of African youth fleeing the While in third year, I started dating Celestine, now my wife, who was in second-year then. Master of Laws (LL.M) Prof. PLO Lumumba has received multiple prestigious recognition and awards within his country Kenya and increasingly internationally. The Association of the Citizens Against Corruption (ACAC), Movement for Dialogue and Non- Violence (MODAN), The African Institute of Leaders and Leadership (AILL), a Trustee of Ufadhili Trust and a Director of Makini Schools. Plo Lumumba is married to celestine lumumba. He received his LL.B and LL.M Degrees in Law at the University of Nairobi, followed by a PhD in the Laws of the Sea at the University of Ghent in Belgium. We cannot run a country where virtue is vice and vice is virtue. ‘Harambee’ may have had its positive aspects but today it has become the avenue via which looters of public funds sanitize their ill gotten wealth. (LL.B AND LL.M CLASSES) Professor Lumumba has written several books on law and politics: Kenya's Quest for a Constitution: The Postponed Promise, An Outline of Criminal Procedure in Kenya, Judicial review of administrative actions in Kenya, A handbook on criminal procedure in Kenya, The Constitution of Kenya, 2010: An Introductory Commentary, Sign in|Recent Site Activity|Report Abuse|Print Page|Powered By Google Sites, Please improve this biographical article by adding, A Typical Prize Winner In a Book Writing Contest, Other Books by MUSAU Mattmeachamjr Muhammad, The Emergence of African Drama and Language Evolution, Learn how and when to remove this template message, http://citifmonline.com/2015/08/29/dumsorisation-of-africa-must-stop-p-l-o-lumumba, Speech by Prof PLO Lumumba at the 3rd Anti Corruption Convention, Speech By Kenyan's Prof. Lumumba At The Nigerian Legislature Conference On Anti-Corruption, Prof Lumumba Speaks at the 2nd ASARECA GeneralAssembly, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Let our words be wedded to our deeds. On the inaugural cultural day at Kabarak University , 30/7/2005 . Therefore take your pride of place; you are not leaders of tomorrow, start serving today. I know we are looking forward to the General Elections and metaphorically speaking, from the Egypt of KANU misrule to the Canaan of a new dispensation; but I have my doubts fellow countrymen and women that those who represent change today are graduates of the KANU school of politics whose curriculum has no Course on change. PLO Lumumba biography PLO Lumumba was born on the July the 17th 1962 in Usenge village near Lake Victoria in Kisumu. “The press as a player in the field of democracy has a responsibility to convey truthful information about candidates and their policies to enable citizens make informed choices.”. Verily, Verily, I tell you; any society that does not pay regard to the girl and her education is built on a foundation of sand. The God I worship is not weak. In our quest for a new Constitution we have swam Oceans how can we now drown in ponds. v) 2ND EDITION OF “AN OUTLINE OF JUDICIAL REVIEW IN KENYA – ENGLISH (1999) (LAW AFRICA). Surely, we must embrace a new progressive education system that consolidates the best of human knowledge with the best of African culture and knowledge. I am pained that those who as Government Ministers stood in the way of a new Constitution in 2002 now pretend to be its protagonists. Like gold passes through the furnace to gain its lustre, so must you pass through the furnace of schooling to realize your potential. At the lecture, Lumumba expressed his serious concern about the energy crises that African leaders have allowed to reach such a devastating stage. Your email address will not be published. Part-time Lecturer at United States International University – Africa (Business Law), Part-time Lecturer at Dynamic School of Accountancy (Law for Accountants) Prof PLO Lumumba Foundation They must act with the firmness that opens eyes and not with the arrogance that inflames anger. I was a teetotaler, apart from an occasional glass of wine. Lumumba has written several books on law and politics: Learn how and when to remove this template message, Kenya's Quest for a Constitution: The Postponed Promise, An Outline of Criminal Procedure in Kenya, Judicial review of administrative actions in Kenya, A handbook on criminal procedure in Kenya, The Constitution of Kenya, 2010: An Introductory Commentary, http://citifmonline.com/2015/08/29/dumsorisation-of-africa-must-stop-p-l-o-lumumba, Speech by Prof PLO Lumumba at the 3rd Anti Corruption Convention, Speech By Kenyan's Prof. Lumumba At The Nigerian Legislature Conference On Anti-Corruption, Prof Lumumba Speaks at the 2nd ASARECA GeneralAssembly, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=P._L._O._Lumumba&oldid=974768841, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 24 August 2020, at 22:21. “It is when the boat approaches the shore that it capsizes; we must therefore tread with preternatural circumspection” in these last phases of the Constitution Review Process. KUHESHIMU SHERIA YA KIMATAIFA KUHUSU MIGOGORO YA KIVITA (INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE OF THE RED CROSS – 1999). We must not climb trees to look for fish. -On the occasion of Annual speech and Prize Giving Day at Pumwani Secondary School on 7/8/2003 speaking on the subject, ‘Self Esteem’. The Journalist is the immediate successor of the town crier; he must not shout fire, in a crowded room when indeed there is no fire. Patrick was named after an African hero (Patrice Emerile Lumumba), and it seems his destiny was already set in stone as a young boy. In the same stead we must review the education system that places value on camming Western gibberish and leaves in abandon generations of African knowledge. PLO Lumumba tribe is Luo. June 22, 2020, 12:05 pm. My colleagues used to drink and go clubbing, but that was not my thing. I am happy to join what I consider to be a very good team and look forward to working together with you and produce a good constitution. How can we be peaceful and brother is rising against brother in Rift Valley and Coast Province ?