She parties, has lots of casual sex, drinks alcohol in abundance, and where does that get her? She also said the very melodramatic line, "I hate the headlines and the weather," came about in the summer of 2016 when it was hot and humid in New York City and every front page had Trump's face on it.Â, "The news was just horrific every day," Lorde explained, "and it was so hot in this sickly incorrect kind of way, like what i imagine the weather in a disaster movie is like just before the bomb hits or the aliens land. "Let's go to perfect places.". The line about being "nineteen" and "on fire" seems to actually be a negative thing. Her solution to these heavy thoughts? The closing track of Melodrama is an atmospheric electro-pop anthem about a hedonistic teenage party. yo hit me up for that loud and pills. 2020-07-14T10:37:00Z Comment by Carson McLean. It'll be emotionally cathartic for her, and it'll help her to express herself and her frustrations. "Perfect Places" is the second single from Lorde's sophomore album, Melodrama. By using our website and our services, you agree to our use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy. She resolves to go to "perfect places" but realizes she doesn't even know what that means? At 20, Lorde has shaken up the musical world with her talent and creativity. She also mentions the irony of one of her songs containing a line that sounds like it comes straight from a mainstream pop song--she calls it "profound" suggesting that maybe she's interacting with how strange a "pop lifestyle" feels to her personally. But in "Perfect Places," she revels in her isolation: pouring a cup of tea on an oceanside balcony, swaying around a barren room and a blazing fire. Melodrama closer “Perfect Places” cuts to the 3 a.m. heart-to-heart. She realizes she's been looking for "perfect places" during her drunken revelries and realizes she hasn't found them yet. Whether it's being drunk and destroying speakers or confessing dark secrets, her description of "just another graceless night" is apt. She sings, "Meet somebody, take 'em home / Let's kiss and then take off our clothes." Lorde, Melodrama, review: 'this imaginatively audacious triumph is just too good to resist' 5. Indie; Pop. The story of how she chose her infamous stage name is finally revealed. yo hit me up for that loud and … Nothing is sane or steady. Play on Spotify. We and our partners use cookies to personalize your experience, to show you ads based on your interests, and for measurement and analytics purposes. She is almost like a robed royal on an expansive beach, wearing a gown on the side of the ocean, living a rebel's dream dancing in front of a giant fire. The answer to her problems so far in the song have been to go to "perfect places," but now she questions whether that's even possible. Sometimes someone can make you feel comfortable, and being around them is like you're home, because they are familiar. However, Lorde pierces the fun-filled scenes detailing dancing, drinking and sex with stabs of melancholy… Send us to perfect places All of our heroes fading Now I can't stand to be alone Let's go to perfect places. “Perfect Places” concerns a narrative often present at teenage parties, a story of drug usage and sex. Faced with that, she asks to be sent to "perfect places"--ostensibly places where there are no problems and only happiness. In the outro, Lorde gives us the true message of "Perfect Places." Lorde begins telling this story in the verse of "Perfect Places." In the second case, she bemoans "heroes fading" and explains that she "can't stand to be alone." She's transitioned into an adulthood that she seems to feel is somewhat purposeless. Are they even attainable? She parties hard. Interestingly, on Genius, she explains, "Another big realization of the last year for me – 'I think I’m partying so much because I’m just dreading sitting at home by myself hearing my thoughts hit the walls.'" Pre-choruses generally make a good place to develop the song from being story focused in the verses to being more general and abstract in the chorus. The chorus contains a twice-seen pattern of two lines of negative problems followed by one line that contains what seems like a solution (which we'll find later to be empty). Personally, I think happiness can be found, and I don't think that partying is necessarily the best way to find it--I think true happiness comes in stopping trying to indulge the self and instead to give of the self to another, be that "other" be God or other humans. Menu; Top 100; Estilos; A-Z; Notícias; Hot Spots; Vagalume.FM. The "they" could refer to managers, responsibilities, or friends who think they know best, and what they're doing seems to drive her to want to write songs for others to listen to. This is a common idea I've seen in music, most notably in "Car Radio" by Twenty One Pilots. . It's Lorde, but it's older, happier Lorde, and I like who she's becoming. But despite that, she feels better when she's "dancing" at the parties that are becoming an important theme for this song. Chris Thiessen: This is pretty much the perfect capstone to … O que você quer ouvir hoje? It's dramatic, breathtaking, mesmerizing. 2020-06-14T23:53:48Z Comment by dannie_jack2020. × Perfect Places By Lorde. In the lyrics, Lorde follow… Lorde's "Perfect Places" music video has dropped and people are freaking out. She explains that she "hate[s] the headlines and the weather," which she explains on Genius as being about the summer of 2016 in New York City where she hated the news and the hot weather. But I respect Lorde for being willing to admit her fruitless searching in this song. When the party's over, she going to "[s]pill her guts beneath the outdoor light," perhaps writing a song or confessing something deep and personal to a friend. The music sounds happy, but these lyrics are...uh...pretty depressing. "What the fuck are perfect places?" Kind of about me. Lorde fans were in for quite a treat Thursday, as the singer released another single from her highly anticipated album Melodrama. Letra, tradução e música de Perfect Places de Lorde - All the nights spent off our faces / Trying to find these perfect places / What the fuck are perfect places anyway? Send us to perfect places All of our heroes fading Now I can't stand to be alone Let's go to perfect places Every night, I live and die Meet somebody, take 'em home Let's kiss and then take off our clothes It's just another graceless night 'Cause all of the things we're taking 'Cause we are young and we're ashamed Send us to perfect places Lorde co-wrote and co-produced the song with Jack Antonoff and Andrew Wyatt, with additional production from Frank Dukes. Lorde revealed the meaning of the song is about going to parties and hooking up, in which she pierces an atmosphere of hedonism with stabs of melancholy. ." I'm a university writing center director who teaches literature classes and loves helping others to understand the deeper meanings of their favorite songs. "A waster is a drunk person," the singer wrote when explaining the lyric "Watch the wasters blow the speakers. "Perfect Places" was described as an atmospheric electropop song that blends bass, synths and drum machinebeats. Vagalume Música é tudo. The answer to her problems so far in the song have been to go to "perfect places," but now she questions whether that's even possible. Your latest Lorde fix has arrived, this time in the form of a dreamy new music video from the Melodrama singer for her latest single “Perfect Places.”. All the nights spent off our faces Trying to find these perfect places. So yeah. Perfect Places. Lorde: Behind the Melodrama, an 11 episode track-by-track podcast interview with Lorde about her new album is out now. "Â, "This line I remember writing down when I was standing on my porch watching my friends fiddle with the speakers inside and thinking 'oh, in about ten seconds they’re gonna go,'" Lorde said. It was released on 1 June 2017 through Universal Music New Zealand as the second single, following "Green Light" (2017), from her second album, Melodrama (2017). It's an important question to ask and an even more important one to ask. Perfect place isn't necessarily a location or geography in this song, but a person. Lorde described recording the song in a Facebook post, chronicling that search for some meaning in late nights and endless pours. You can read all of her annotations for "Perfect Places" here.Â. Lorde concludes this song, and consequently her album, by declaring the fallacy that is materialistic happiness. How can we find them if they are? Lorde went on to Genius to decode the lyrics of her bouncing new single "Perfect Places," and revealed the song revolves around a really fun house party. "Kind of what the album is about. Lorde, here, further explains the sexual aspect of her lifestyle. 2020-06-21T05:52:05Z Comment by dannie_jack2020. "Perfect Places" is a song by New Zealand singer and songwriter Lorde. I'm married to my beautiful wife April and love Twenty One Pilots, Mumford & Sons, Kishi Bashi, and so many others! Let me explain. Lorde’s ‘Perfect Places’ Video Was, As You’d Expect, Filmed In A Bunch Of Gorgeous Locations Derrick Rossignol Facebook Twitter Music News Editor August 3, 2017 For her second single from Melodrama, Lorde is contradicting her lyric’s claim that there is no such thing as “perfect places” by spending the video in what looks like the most perfect place on earth.We want to go to there. Well, this is embarrassing, but I take back most of what I said. In fact, on Genius, she adds that "the melody with all those sad harmonies is just my favourite. Cause hooking up with a ton of people you only like a little bit is fun but sad sometimes too!" All of the things we're taking 'Cause we are young and we're ashamed Send us to perfect places She expresses a general lack of direction when she sings, "'Cause I don't know," and promises that "[i]f they keep tellin' me where to go / I'll blow my brains out to the radio." It seems that "Perfect Places" is a semi-Millennial-focused reverie on growing up into a life that people told us would be perfect and wonderful. She tells us that life is a rollercoaster for her. Whatever that quality is, "Perfect Places" might be my favorite song from Melodrama so far. I'm Clifford Stumme, and I use literary analysis and research to explain the deeper meanings of pop songs. Every night, I live and die Meet somebody, take 'em home Let's kiss and then take off our clothes It's just another graceless night, 'cause. Released 1 June 2017 on Universal. Lorde ends the song and the album in general … In the first case, Lorde mentions "things we're taking," which could refer to substance abuse, and the fact that she and her friends are "ashamed." Lorde is in different perfect places in perfect, cinematic clothing. But Lorde is a songwriter who still vividly celebrates out-of-step self-possession. Lorde co-wrote and co-produced the song with Jack Antonoff and Andrew Wyatt, with additional production from Frank Dukes. Lorde. And how does she do this? That line is sarcastic, to me. I love this song . She realizes she's been looking for "perfect places" during her drunken revelries and realizes she hasn't found them yet. Get ready to experience major wanderlust. Perhaps she has much to be worried about, or maybe her thoughts are consumed with the negative news she's been reading. Her repetition of this sentiment a few times and the overall negative tone of the lyrics in "Perfect Places" suggest that she doesn't have much hope for them. ", In the song, she said she pays tribute to David Bowie and Prince, who both passed away in 2016, with the lyrics, "All of our heroes fading/ Now I can't stand to be alone. Artists and others are faced with heavy and dark thoughts when forced to spend time quietly, when there are no distractions to keep them occupied. 2020-06-29T00:40:59Z Comment by Stepy No. In the outro, Lorde gives us the true message of "Perfect Places."