To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Original London Cast Of Les Miserables ‎– Les Misérables ... Wembley, between October 28th and November 12th 1985 Fantine's Death consists of Come To Me & Confrontation. But how could it fail to be brilliant anyway. To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.co.uk (UK). In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. The recording spans 2 discs, so it includes songs that the highlights CD doesn't (similar to this London recording), AND it's about the same price as the London disc or the highlights disc. Les Misérables - Original 1985 London Cast Recording, Prologue: Valjean Arrested / Valjean Forgiven, Love Montage: I Saw Him Once / In My Life / A Heart Full of Love, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The original cast from the RSC, Roger Allam's Javert and Alun Armstrong's Thernadier are especially good. Please try again. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 31, 2016. Reviewed in the United States on January 24, 2008, This isn't every single musical note from the show, but it's the full cast recording from the 1985 London version, spanning 2 discs. I wanted the cd to be able to hear the wonderful music and this seemed the right choice. This is the one I keep permanently in my car, It's also on my stereo system and stored on my tablet so it goes everywhere with me. I could not be bothered to go and see the film, and from bits I have heard from the film, there is no comparison...for me! I chose this particular CD as it seemed to have everything from the show which I wanted.years ago I had the first "original" recording on tape. Cheers Amazon, u have made my day. Leave feedback, Claude-Michel Schönberg (born July 6, 1944 in Vannes, France) is a French record producer, actor, singer, popular songwriter, and musical theatre composer. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I saw the original production with original cast in London. It turned out to be The original copy Cd. I chose this particular CD as it seemed to have everything from the show which I wanted.years ago I had the first "original" recording on tape. I have seen the show over 40 times (guess what? Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 July 2020. xx, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 1, 2019. Les Misérables sounds especially vivid in its 1998 remastering, and a synopsis and full lyrics are included. Colm Wilkinson is the heroic Valjean, Patti LuPone is the tragic Fantine, Michael Ball is the love-struck Marius, and Frances Ruffelle is the despondent Eponine, with Roger Allam (Javert), Alun Armstrong and Sue Jane Tanner (the Thénardiers), Rebecca Caine (older Cosette), and David Burt (Enjolras) filling out the excellent cast. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. It includes more of the songs than the, includes even MORE of the show's music, but the cast is different (no Colm Wilkinson!). Shortly after, I went to see my Mum and Sister in Australia, and one day we were discussing music, and I happened to mention to Mum that I had seen Les Mis, and also had videos of the old versions. Listen free to Claude-Michel Schönberg – Les Misérables (1985 Original London Cast). of this 2-disc recording is a lot more expensive). Love Montage consists of I Saw Him Once, In My Life, and A Heart Full Of Love. It is the most wonderful music. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 April 2013, I have bought this CD, as it holds special memories for me. Prapremiera musicalu odbyła się 28 września 1980 w Paryżu w Palais des Sports Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. She now spreads the word among her friends. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Arrived well wrapped and on time. I gave a copy of this to my (I don't like musicals) friend, and converted her. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 January 2016. Check out Les Misérables (Original 1985 London Cast Recording) by Les Misérables - Original 1985 London Cast Recording on Amazon Music. I'm very happy with the cd and have enjoyed listening to it and it is great quality. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. It pales in comparison. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 February 2016. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 July 2016, THANK YOU for my Wonderful Item i Love the Songs from this Brillent WestEnd Show i have seen it on DVD but i have not seen it live i am hopfuly going to see it live soon can not wright to see it but ihave got the Album that i will so enjoy and it is so worth buying and thank you for your great serivce to. I have never seen the theatre production but love the DVD of the show and also really enjoyed the film with Hugh Jackman and Russel Crowe. The part of Jean Valjean was played by Michael Ball – the original 1985 London and 1995 Dream Cast Marius – and the part of Javert was played by Michael McCarthy. xx, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 March 2019. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The original cast from the RSC, Roger Allam's Javert and Alun Armstrong's Thernadier are especially good. I kinda like it) This is a very good cast, and does the beautiful music justice. Start the wiki. Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)(Explicit)(4LP Vinyl w/Digital Download). Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. These include the musicals: * La Révolution Française (1973) * Les Misérables (1980 french version- 1985 english version) * Miss Saigon (1989) * Martin Guerre (1996) * Wuthering Heights (ballet 2001) * The Pirate Queen (2006) * Marguerite (2009) Schönberg began his career as a record producer and a singer. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. I treasured it, but after moving house, have not been able to find it. I agree with most of the reviews - the London staging is the very best of the English language versions of 'Les Miserables'. About “Les Misérables (1987 Original Broadway Cast)” Original Broadway Cast Recording was released in 1987, after show’s successful premier on Broadway. It is the most wonderful music. I saw the original production with original cast in London. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. I have never seen the theatre production but love the DVD of the show and also really enjoyed the film with Hugh Jackman and Russel Crowe. Had I been paying more attention I may well have chosen one of the other recordings. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. This was not quite as good. Les Miserables ~ Les Miserables (1985 Original L Amazon.com. Love Montage consists of I Saw Him Once, In My Life, and A Heart Full Of Love. If you are used to the Broadway (American) version, I'd recommend you stick with that (although the. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Reviewed in the United States on July 5, 2008. The American version benefits from greater sophistication but at the cost of the original book. Les Misérables – francuski musical Claude-Michela Schönberga z 1980 postały na podstawie powieści Nędznicy (1862) Victora Hugo.Musical składa się z dwóch aktów (z prologiem oraz epilogiem), trwa ok. 3 godzin. Yes, Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schoenberg's score tends to recycle its themes, but the beautiful melodies and stirring anthems rarely fail to captivate and touch its audience. In February 2008, Les Misérables was performed at the Bournemouth International Centre, England with a cast of West End stars accompanied by the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Les Misérables [Original London Cast Recording] - Original London Cast on AllMusic - 1985 - Originally conceived as a simple recording… I think I shocked her, as she never thought I would like anything like that. I have seen the show many times. Made in Australia Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Consider the repercussions of having every single one of these songs in your head for the foreseeable future before buying. A great CD which brought back fond memories of the show in London. Do you know any background info about this album? I am so happy to be able to purchase it for myself! I treasured it, but after moving house, have not been able to find it. Wonderful! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 29, 2014. Les Misérables: The Motion Picture Soundtrack (Deluxe Edition), Les Misérables Live! On my way to the Airport, my Mum put a gift in my hand, and said not to open it til I got home. Cheers Amazon, u have made my day. Les Miserables ~ Les Miserables (1985 Original L, This recording captures the 1985 London cast that transformed an obscure French musical based on Victor Hugo's gargantuan novel of pre-Revolutionary France into a worldwide phenomenon throughout the late-'80s and '90s and became one of the best examples of the era's trend of blockbuster musical spectacles. I could not be bothered to go and see the film, and from bits I have heard from the film, there is no comparison...for me! This recording captures the 1985 London cast that transformed an obscure French musical based on Victor Hugo's gargantuan novel of pre-Revolutionary France into a worldwide phenomenon throughout the late-'80s and '90s and became one of the best examples of the era's trend of blockbuster musical spectacles. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. It turned out to be The original copy Cd. --David Horiuchi. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Les Misérables (Original 1985 London Cast Recording), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 June 2017. (The 2010 Cast Album). Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. I have seen the show many times. Try again. Now it's on repeat constantly. The Broadway highlights CD is cheaper, but has only about half of the songs. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Just the songs and a general idea of the story make you want to cry upon hearing these fantastic, emotionally thrilling songs! These include the musicals: *…, Claude-Michel Schönberg (born July 6, 1944 in Vannes, France) is a French record producer, actor, singer, popular songwriter, and musical theatre composer. If you're looking for more music than the highlights CD offers, but you're not familiar with the London cast and you don't want to shell out $30-something, the Tenth Anniversary Concert CD may be the way to go. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. The only thing I realised was that I prefer certain tracks to others and would have been better just downloading those but I'm still happy to have this in my collection. Goodtime Charley (Original Broadway Cast Recording), Les Misérables: The Motion Picture Soundtrack Deluxe (Deluxe Edition), A New Brain (2015 New York Cast Recording), Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Now it's on repeat constantly. Stream ad-free or … Recorded and mixed at CTS Studios, Wembley, between October 28th and November 12th 1985 Fantine's Death consists of Come To Me & Confrontation. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.