Splash of lemon-lime sparkling water or soda, « Peach Spice Bundt Cake for #BundtAMonth. We've tried the drink with fresh Sprite, flat Sprite, and no Sprite, and honestly the fresh Sprite is best. For two crushes we typically use an entire tray of ice. To have a moment of peace. In many establishments, you don’t even need to specify your flavor of crush. Nice to read about signature drinks in other countries. Pour vodka and other liquor into the glass. In simplest terms it is a fancy screwdriver; that is, orange juice and vodka. Refreshing and sweet, great for an afternoon drink . What can I substitute for lemon-lime soda? It makes the drink much more enjoyable to drink without having chunks of orange pulp. © 2020 The Absolut Company. It remains a signature, despite it being mimicked by bars up and down the East Coast. Strain and pour mixed drink in ice filled collins glass. CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS! Plus, you'll also get a few sample lessons of the Pro Bartender course. Like Paula and Susan, I immediately thought of the Orange Crush soda too – it was my favourite as a kid and we only got to drink it on special occasions. The orange will make you feel like you’re not going to get scurvy, and the vanilla will add a nice twist to the rum’s usual spice. For example, we'll mix coconut rum with passionfruit rum for a very tropical drink. I especially like the crushed ice. Some use mint, why don’t you? Simple, just use orange juice and lemon-lime soda. We found that it drastically cuts down the amount of pulp that gets into the drink. It was a chance to relax. It’s simple, but the most important ingredient is fresh orange. I think they are enjoyed so much because they are refreshing. Jun 20, 2018 - This Orange Crush Cocktail Recipe is my favorite summertime drink! It smells pretty, but it doesn’t belong in an Orange Crush. All Rights Reserved. Just what exactly is an orange crush? Now I can't think of summertime without an orange crush! This will make drink last longer. If you don't already have access to crushed ice you will need to crush the ice at this point. No trying to downplay pre-squeezed OJ here. I remembered that I had a citrus juicer from when I made key lime pies so I decided to stop by the liquor store (because they were deemed essential for some reason in my state). Thanks for sharing the history of the drink, as well as your recipe and variations. You can easily make a kid safe version by just omitting the liquor and it will still taste amazing! Now, with the orange press it takes about 2 minutes. Combine the orange juice, vodka, and triple sec in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. But if you are sipping on a delicious orange juice cocktail, then why mask the sweet citrus smell with mint? Can I use grapefruit? This is why I insist people spend the extra pennies and take the extra time to buy and squeeze lemons and limes. Typically one of use will juice the oranges and the other will beat the ice. Now, I don't want it to sound like we spent the entire time drinking, but on the weekends we'd enjoy a couple crushes white enjoying the fresh air on our deck. Copyright 2019-2020 BartendingBlueprint.com. The price of each flavor liquor varies, but it typically comes out to about $1 per drink for each flavor. I've enjoyed swapping the orange vodka for peach vodka. This orange crush looks so refreshing and will be perfect for any brunch. Smell and taste go hand-in-hand, of course. An easy recipe for a refreshing, coconut rum drink with Malibu Orange Float rum and orange soda, garnished with an orange wedge. Home » Recipes » Drinks » Orange Crush Cocktail. Join me on a culinary journey. If you are looking to branch out, the crush lends itself to creativity very well. Shake first three ingredients in an ice filled cocktail shaker. Enjoying the fresh air on my deck with a homemade orange crush. This drink is such an embedded part of the culture in this area that when Wegmans opened they announced they would have an orange crush on the menu at their Burger Bar restaurant. The orange crush originated in a seafood restaurant in Ocean City, Maryland, in the mid-1990s. Contributor to PopKitchen by Parade, Better Homes & Gardens, The Daily Meal Food + Travel and more! Top up with with orange soda. Garnish with an orange wedge and/or maraschino cherry. You can use any bubbly liquid that is a neutral base or flavoring. Oranges aren’t native to the state. This orange crush cocktail recipe uses orange flavored vodka, orange liqueur, fresh orange juice and sprite to create refreshing orange drink. As it was in most places around the world, March 2020 was an interesting time in Virginia Beach. Your email address will not be published. The main one is a GOOD citrus juicer. This will be the perfect cocktail to serve for brunch. We have a bag that is designed for crushing ice, it even came with a little wooden mallet. So here we go… easy instructions for the best Orange Crush Cocktail recipe using fresh oranges, vodka and special liquor to make yours the bomb! It is refreshing. Right??? The world came to a halt. PRO TIP: Fresh squeezed orange juice has more robust flavor and better nutritional value. Garnish with orange wedge. It's perfect for sipping on a hot summer day. Or any other bubbly drink (see notes below!). You’ll even see a difference in color. (Smile). I love.love.LOVE alcohol (hmm…maybe I shouldn’t sound so enthusiastic, lol). As a token of my appreciation for you stopping by, I want to give you my personal custom resume templates that I had professionally designed. An orange colored drink made from Admiral Nelson's spiced rum and orange soda, and served over ice in a highball glass. The orange crush originated in a seafood restaurant in Ocean City, Maryland, in the mid-1990s. It comes in fun colors, is super easy to clean, is easy to store and not obnoxiously oversized and does a get good job getting every little drop of juice out of each orange. If you use a citrus juicer like this, approximately 1/2 cup in each large navel orange. Alex (author) from Virginia Beach, VA on June 19, 2020: You should give it a try! If only that was true. Just what exactly is an orange crush? Mostly because I like to eat calories instead of drink them and also because I am way too lazy to be shaking, blending and pouring. I will say that we have to crush the ice ourselves since we live in apartment and don't have an ice maker, let alone a crushed ice option, on the fridge. The same goes for an orange crush. Any type you like! This is Nic's favorite drink. We … Keep the standard orange juice, ice, and Sprite and just add one ounce of coconut rum and two ounces of the blueberry lemonade rum. That day we made our own orange crushes. To me, it is summer in a glass. How to mix the drink: Add ice cubes to a chilled highball glass. It looks so refreshing! (just indulge me in some rationalization here….). I can get an eight-pound bag of oranges for about $6, which will typically make about six to eight crushes depending on the size of the oranges. Copyright © 2020 Savory Experiments, All Rights Reserved. If you do it the old school way, you’ll get about 1/4 cup per orange. There are some really great varieties, but any citrus starts to lose flavor the moment it is squeezed. And then COVID-19 happened. Score! To this day, I always remember that special feeling when I drink it. The weather had just started to get warm and it was the time just before the start of the busy tourist season at the beach. This is a drink that can stand on its own or pairs fantastically with any seafood dish. Any more and they creep up on you. Turns out my boyfriend has a hidden talent of making cocktails. So how to you make an orange crush? Why? A crush at a restaurant in Virginia Beach will set you back about $6-$8 per drink. I made this last night . I am obsessed with cocktail recipes that use freshly squeezed juice- and this recipe is so good! Here are the most popular: Lastly, be mindful of the ice. You can keep topping up with sprite or 7up as you drink. And the moment you see it, you know, they make crushes. Teamwork makes the dream work after all. Perfect birthday drink . Add Malibu Orange Float. Mostly because I like to eat calories instead of drink them and also because I am way too lazy to be shaking, blending and pouring. It was just like the one we had enjoyed our favorite seafood restaurants at the beach. Pour contents of shaker into a highball glass. But does it really matter as long as you have one in hand? One of the web's largest collections of Orange Rum long-drink recipes, with a list of the most popular drink recipes in this section. In more detail, it is a delightfully refreshing drink that has become synonymous with summer, the beach, and relaxation. Snap a pic and hashtag it #SavoryExperiments— We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! peachy from Home Sweet Home on June 20, 2020: I love orange juice especially homemade ones. If orange juice is too tart, then add 10 ml (1/3 oz) simple syrup or 1/2 teaspoon bar sugar. Right…. See more ideas about Orange crush cocktail, Orange crush, Easy summer drinks. Valencia oranges and navel oranges are by far the most popular and the easiest to procure, but you can use more excotic types as well. Alex is a marine biologist, aquarist, lover of animals, and an experienced veterinary assistant. Facebook | Twitter | Youtube   Pinterest | Instagram  Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. The Waterman Crush from Waterman's is one of my favorites. These were our Friday night cocktail and boy did they hit the spot! Use an orange slice or a maraschino cherry as a garnish instead. You cannot go to a restaurant on the water in the Hampton Roads area without seeing at least one crush variation on the menu. Filter through hundreds of recipes to find the specific meal. It’s a 30 percent ABV beverage, which means that the orange and vanilla must take up five percent of its volume given that your standard-issue Captain Morgan spiced rum clocks in at … In a mixing tin ⅓-½ full of ice, add equal parts (approximately ¾ oz per ingredient per shooter), shake a few times, strain into 3 oz shooter glass: Click here to watch the shooters overview video. Add the crushed ice, Sprite, triple sec, and orange vodka. It's kind of fun to beat the snot out of the ice. It would seem that you are coping well during the pandemic. Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post! Home >> Cocktails >> Orange Crush Cocktail, Excellent cocktail... very refreshing and balanced notes of orange..sprite does the trick, This cool and refreshing summer cocktail is a full of zesty citrus flavor.