As you would expect, in the Home app, all three of the sensors appear as separate tiles, and just like any of the other devices that do the same job, there’s not a lot to see in the settings page. Temp, humidity and motion, all can be triggered on homekit. This side also includes another instance of the QR HomeKit code. Wrapping up this review, I have to say that given my ‘mistrust’ of Bluetooth generally, the low price point, and this being a product from a China-based company I’ve never heard of, I had my doubts, but if I see the official ‘Works With Apple HomeKit’ badge on the front of the packaging, I’d say I’m 75% of the way to giving a device a chance. The ONVIS Smart Motion Sensor utilizes passive infrared (PIR) to detect any movement in its field of view and communicates with controllers through a Bluetooth 5.0 wireless connection. The sensor installs directly onto door or window frames using the included mounting tape, and for optimal placement, additional gaskets or spacers can be added to minimize the distance between the two-pieces. The real ‘fly in the ointment’ with the device is the battery compartment, which is really quite difficult to get into. Ask Siri to check your room temperature and humidity, it will get data from the built-in hygrometer thermometer and tell you, the Home App shows real-time data and records of motion, humidity and temperature. Specifications:Compatibility:Apple HomeKit-Enabled Accessories (No Hub Required)Remote Control Hub:Apple TV (tvOS 10.1), iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch(iOS 10.1 or later) or HomePod (iOS 11.3 or later)App:Apple Home App, ONVIS Home AppPower Supply:2xAAA alkaline Replaceable batteryMotion Detection:7 meters, 100°, infrared activationConnectivity:Bluetooth 5.0Application:Indoor Use OnlyMotion Notification:Real Time, 100 recent records, 31 days recordsTrigger/Humidity/Temperature record:every 5 minutes, 31 days recordsCertification:FCC, CE, ROHS, BQBWarranty:1 YearPackage Includes:1*ONVIS Motion Sensor, 1* User Manual, 2 pcs AAA alkaline batteries, 1 reset pin, Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, Apple HomeKit-Enabled Accessories (No Hub Required), Apple TV (tvOS 10.1), iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch(iOS 10.1 or later) or HomePod (iOS 11.3 or later), Real Time, 100 recent records, 31 days records, 1*ONVIS Motion Sensor, 1* User Manual, 2 pcs AAA alkaline batteries, 1 reset pin. The ONVIS CT2 Smart Contact Sensor is a wire-free accessory that is designed to be installed directly onto door or window frames, and can relay status updates through HomeKit when it is opened or closed. ... Onvis Smart Motion Sensor … amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; Save big on these VPN services ahead of Black Friday. This sensor uses Bluetooth for direction to HomeKit without the need for an account or dedicated hub. Learn more. This really is a great addition, and some motion sensors don’t include this, being fixed. If you’re interested, drop us a message using the Contact section of our site. Amazon indicates that the sensor will be in stock starting October 15th. Given that this is a motion sensor, it probably would have made more sense to include an ambient light sensor, but for US$24 I’m not about to complain if I’m honest. Their software is a bit odd but works. Apple HomeKit smart door alarm sensor temperature sensor humidity sensor home security contact sensor motion sensor detector CT2 sensor is completely wireless, operating for up to one year on a single coin battery. I have used a non HomeKit sensor before with IFTTT with the same settings but, during the day the light would come on for a second before switching off, which you can imagine is rather annoying. We’re always looking for enthusiastic HomeKit fans who would like to review the products they own and get their views on our site. Smart Camera. Each side has what appears to be intake vents, with one side of the device including a small hole to reset the device to factory settings using the included sim pin. The device has accurate temperature readings. The translucent sensor ‘eye’ part of the device at the front is a little on the soft side, as it seems it’s essentially just a thin strip of plastic, so there’s a bit of give when you press it. Editor - Musician, graphic designer and HomeKit aficionado. Easy Setup Use Apple Home App or Home App to scan the QR code to add Smart Motion Sensor SMS1 to your HomeKit Accessory. Incidentally, if you look at the email on their site, they’ve actually spelt it wrong – they had ‘ovnis’ when it should be ‘onvis’, as part of the email address. The ONVIS CT2 Smart Contact Sensor relays door or window events to HomeKit over Bluetooth. Do the other motion sensors also include additional sensors (humidity, temp) like this Onvis product? Whether you're setting it up for the first time, troubleshooting connectivity issues, or preparing to depart with it, it's always a good idea to know how to reset a connected home device and this videos show's you how to perform a factory reset on the Onvis SMS1 Smart Motion Sensor.Buy the Onvis SMS1 Smart Motion Sensor: https://geni.us/28JK5hCheck out our full video review on this multi-sensor at https://youtu.be/W3h0DxJtYj0 Our written review of this multi-sensor is at: https://bit.ly/396MZ0bFollow us on social medias @myhomekithomeNOTE: This description contains affiliate links. After installing the Onvis Home app, there was a firmware update, that allows the reset/countdown time of the motion sensor to be adjusted. Now, if I’m honest, I’m not a massive fan of Bluetooth device in general, but this one works like a charm and is ‘up there’ in terms of speed with my other motion sensors, which are either also Bluetooth (Eve Motion) or Zigbee (Hue Motion Sensor or Aqara/Mi Motion sensor). By contrast, my Mijia motion sensor will countdown from 2 minutes, with the countdown timer resetting the countdown every time motion is detected, thereby extending the countdown. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. After installing the Onvis Home app, there was a firmware update, that allows the reset/countdown time of the motion sensor to be adjusted. Sign up now to get the latest news, deals & more from iMore! I was planning on getting this as soon as it came out, but as it was only available via one seller on Amazon at the time, who also didn’t ship to Taiwan, I was a bit stuck. Onvis contact sensor detection will send instant push notifications to your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, when there's a state change. Thankfully changing these batteries is not going to be a regular occurrence, but it’s the one quite annoying thing that should have been picked up during the prototyping phase. Recommended. Then sign in with a new iCloud account and create a temporary ‘home’ in the Home app.