It depends on where you live/plan to live, and, unfortunately, the ethnicity/background of your child. Because parents, we know you’re going to do it at some point when they’ve acted up. I think Layken Renae is cute ^_^ just a thought. Little things like uploading a profile picture make the community a better place. Thanks for the input! Random Mazikeen Factoid: According to the 2018 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Mazikeen is not a popular baby girl's name in California. Add Friend Ignore. ). But in a world with plenty of boys named James (James Dean, James Taylor, James Franco, James Cameron, to name a few famous ones), it’s important to give yours a little something extra. Tell me in the comments which ones you like, or just your favorite middle names for James in general. Just being honest (so I don't need you coming back and throwing unnecessary flames and giving my grief about "not saying something nice so don't say anything at all" - that's not how the internet works), but I wouldn't name a child a made up name like "Layken". I also have never heard Blair as a boy name but I could see that. Schools tend to be named after (famous) people, the town or city they're part of, or a nearby geographical region. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you’re still not quite sure, I highly recommend picking up a copy of The Baby Name Wizard. This name generator will give you 10 random names for schools, universities and other educational institutes. Is there someone in your family tree you hope your son will emulate? And it actually isn't a "made up" name. They were seen rather to be under the command of God who sent His punishment through them. (Explained), When to Stop Burping a Baby (3+ signs your baby is ready), 7 Ways to Burp a Baby That's Hard to Burp, What to Do if Your Toddler Drinks Spoiled Milk (Don't panic! Something that’ll make him, him. BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14, http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1c1556.aspx[/img][/url]. School name generator . SOme people don't care about the history or background of a name but personally I do and don't want to use something trendy and made up for my kid. Layken Kathleen!?! I would go with something feminine like Audra, Noelle, Elise. Layken Grace would be pretty. And after all that decision-making for his first name! Layken's original form is male and spelled Lakin, our boy name this time around is set and named after family but the girl names in our families that we would consider don't go with Layken. Thanks! A middle name is part of a person’s identity. James is a classic, masculine, and popular name for a boy. I like Layken Blair is adorable! I like Layken and I know I've heard it before but maybe as a boys name? And it actually isn't a "made up" name. Mazikeen is presumably a rendering of the Hebrew term mazzikin (מַזִּיקִין, also spelled maziqim מַזִּיקִים) which literally translates to "damagers" or "those who harm". Now is the perfect time to start your Baby Registry! The term is used in the Talmud and is generally understood to refer to harmful invisible demons that a person could encounter in daily life. I like the name. Middle names commonly become a person’s nickname, so take extra care to choose a good one. Subscribe for a 7-day series of all my best stuff. I am thinking maybe a longer middle name but short ones are welcome just not Kay, Rae or May in any form of spelling. Not totally made up. May 13th '13. It's a strong name. And well, if he has a solid middle name, that could easily become his nickname. That will really set him apart and make him sound distinguished. I went to school with a laken deffinatly not made up just not popular. Be it a grandfather, uncle, or even distant ancestor, a middle name is a way for you to connect with and honor your family. I don't think it's made up at all just a different spelling. Hopefully, you found a few you like as well. But I always stand by my opinions and recommendations. My son's middle name is my grandmother's maiden name and if we have another boy his middle name will be after DH's side of the family. Any website online can list a "name" and hell I could name my child Calculator submit it as a name to 100 different websites online and boom it's a "name" but it doesn't mean it's actually a name with history. My DS is Taylen and yes it's "made up" and yes sometimes people think it's a girls name, lol. I'm from New Zealand and I've worked in childcare and seen the name layken before. Better to make sure it rolls off the tongue now! Middle names are a great opportunity to show respect and remembrance to a family member. It's hard for me to picture a grown, 35 yr old woman with a name like that, just something to consider! Those are just a few of my favorite names that go well with James, but by no means is it an exhaustive list. Raijapatterson member. It means “supplanter,” or one who follows. Problem solved! People may comment that your baby “looks like a James,” but at some point, he may not want to go by James any more. Say the names out loud with Luke at the beginning. I like Layken Blair though. Go with the classic middle name with a lot of nicknames. Get weekly updates on baby and your body. I personally like Blair as a first name, but I think Layken Selene, Layken Eliza or Layken Harley would be quite pretty. Blair is feminine but it's just not my favorite. Layken is a name, not a "made up name". Without any further ado, scroll down the page to see a list of the best middle names for a boy named James. The data reveals many themes and patterns with some of the rarer baby names parents selected for their newborns. But have you given much thought to what his middle name might be? Just because you have seen the name doesn't mean it isn't made up. In Jewish mythology, Mazzikin (also spelled Mazikeen) are invisible demons which can create minor annoyances or greater dangers. I have a cousin named Laken Paige. I think it looks better without the y but that's just me. Layken sounds a little Gaelic or something to me. Please try again. Please help to establish notability by citing, Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mazzikin&oldid=984450229, Articles with topics of unclear notability from October 2016, All articles with topics of unclear notability, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 20 October 2020, at 04:31. When that little bundle of joy makes his way into your arms, you already have his first name picked out – James. If not, you might like this cool resource from Mom Junction with more middle name ideas based on syllables, and more. Lilith Elise Lilith Elizabeth Lilith rose Lilith Lenee . Abcde among many others that just were not what I was looking for in the least. It is just a different spelling. Maybe your son James will become a famous actor, author, or owner of a company. Layken Blair or as a pp said Audra something feminine and "pretty". And actually Layken was our girl name 6 years ago when we were choosing but ended up having a boy-- his name is Cade. As Wattenberg notes, "The name's demonic bona fides go way back, though its use as a personal name is new." I like Layken Blair, Layken Elise, Layken Noelle. I have a daughter named Kamryn and people either don't know how to pronounce it or think she is a boy but we love common names but different spellings. It’s also fun to practice yelling a child’s first, middle, and last name. Thanks for sticking with us for a full year. The Baseball Diarrhea Song: Full Lyrics & Fun Facts, 4T vs 4 Kids' Clothes: What's the Difference? It is a variant form meaning lake. In May, the U.S. Social Security Administration released the list of most popular baby names of 2017. May 2015. 3). The name Lilith is a girl's name of Assyrian origin meaning "ghost, night monster".. Lilith is derived from the Akkadian word lilitu meaning “of the night.” In Jewish folklore she is portrayed as Adam's rejected first wife, who was turned into a night demon for refusing to obey him. Layken is very different and possibly unisex so i would use a very girly middle name, rather than Blair, which is also unisex. I prefer a name with some history use behindthename.com for actual background and legitness of a name. I like the name. The name can be found in the Bible, and then the name James became more popular in the 17th century when Scottish king James VI inherited the English throne. I’ve compiled these from baby name databases, parent discussion forums, and other sources then whittled them down to the ones I personally think sound best. Remove any name that sounds odd, weird, or hard. For instance, choose the middle names you want for Luke from the list below and write them down. Nameberry compiled some of the more outrageous names that were given to American babies last year. Not that it matters. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Raising kids is tough, and I’ve had a lot of questions along the way. Also as far as origin of it says American/English for the most part it is made up, I pretty much skipped that list after the first few suggestions I.e. Get more hacks & fixes to make your life easier. It is in fact a very recently made up name with a bazillion spellings, Layken/Laiken/Laiyken etc. Imagine that, only 5 babies in California have the same name in 2018. Be it a grandfather, uncle, or even distant ancestor, a middle name is a way for you to connect with and honor your family.