I made it through 3 chapters and felt like that was an amazing accomplishment. Mel Brooks: Unwrapped (2019) At the age of 91, Mel Brooks is unstoppable, with his musical Young Frankenstein opening to great critical acclaim in London in late 2017. Report this film. Add HBO Max™ to any Hulu plan for an additional, TVG • Documentaries, Award Shows & Events • Movie (2015), TVMA • Documentaries, Biography • Movie (2017), TVMA • Documentaries, News • Movie (2015), Panic: The Untold Story of the 2008 Financial Crisis, George Harrison: Living in the Material World Part 1, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness. Similar vibe to that documentary about Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher with less chronological throughline, Mel Brooks is 94 and he will never not be funny, I think it’s impossible for him. The comedic mastermind behind The Producers, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety, Blazing Saddles, To Be or Not to Be, Spaceballs, Life Stinks and Dracula: Dead and Loving It shares some delightful and hilarious anecdotes from his decades-long career with filmmaker Alan Yentob, former creative director of the BBC, through past and present interviews footage that’s interspersed with mockumentary-style comedy. I forgot. In Mel Brooks: Unwrapped, a new documentary streaming on HBO, Brooks drums on his desk, shops at Whole Foods for pasta, and drives around Los Angeles during sunset. It jumps between years and stuff but it didn’t bother me. Some platforms allow you to rent Mel Brooks: Unwrapped for a limited time or purchase the movie and download it to your device. She believed in me right from the beginning, as a songwriter as well as a screenplay writer. Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. Alan Yentob visits Mel at home in Hollywood, at work and at play. Alan Yentob visits Mel at home in Hollywood, at work and at play. Number of permitted concurrent streams will vary based on the terms of your subscription. They started talking and the rest is history. Location data required to access content on mobile devices for any Live TV subscription. And damn Mel can straight up SING! Please help us to describe the issue so we can fix it asap. The life of Jeremiah Tower, one of the most controversial, outrageous, and influential figures in the history of American gastronomy. Compatible device and high-speed, broadband Internet connection required. Stay current with additional news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming from American Heroes Channel, CNBC World, Cooking Channel, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, DIY Network, FYI, LMN, and Science. Alan Yentob visits Mel at home in Hollywood, at work and at play. After you die, you've got about... 36 hours and then- Pffft; no more soul. It premieres Friday (Dec. 13) at 9 p.m. ET/PT on HBO. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of service apply. Mel Brooks was the first person I ever wanted to emulate. At the age of 91, Mel Brooks is unstoppable, with his musical Young Frankenstein opening to great critical acclaim in London in late 2017. Set Parental Lock. This biopic doc is a look back at comedy icon Mel Brooks' legendary comedy career in film and television, a feature extension of a segment that British filmmaker Alan Yentob originally produced for the BBC. Spaceballs: The Totally Warped Adventures. AT&T TV Now (formerly DirecTV Now) offers six different channel packages. Mel Brooks: Unwrapped (2019) | Official Trailer | HBOA look back at comedy icon Mel Brooks’ legendary career in film and television, debuts December 13 on HBO. Please fill your email to form below. Every time I think I’m going to get a little insight into this man or his process, Mr. Brooks tells a joke. “She was wearing a white gown and she has jet-black, shiny hair and the most beautiful eyes and the most beautiful figure and I said … I’m in love. ​​A look back at comedy icon Mel Brooks' legendary career in film and TV, as told through Mel's interviews over the years with Alan Yentob. it’s not the most informative doc or series of interviews, but if you’re gonna spend about an hour watching someone goof off and be a bit reflective, mel brooks is an a+ pick. Modify Recording. Yentob also followed Brooks around in his day-to-day life, including a visit with Brooks’ longtime friend and collaborator, filmmaker, writer, and actor Carl Reiner, where the two legends eat spaghetti and watch clips of Brooks’ most famous work. Directed by Alan Yentob. Director: Alan Yentob. At the age of 91, Mel Brooks is unstoppable, with his musical Young Frankenstein opening to great critical acclaim in London in late 2017. For personal and non-commercial use only. For either option, you can watch on your computer via the Amazon website, or on your phone (Android and iPhone compatible), tablet, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or other streaming device via the Amazon Video app. Cancel Series Recording. Add to Favorites. Directed by Alan Yentob. After more than 60 years in show business, Mel Brooks has earned more awards than any other living entertainer. At the age of 91, Mel Brooks is unstoppable, with his musical Young Frankenstein opening to great critical acclaim in London in late 2017. This was charming and a purrrfect runtime for his antics. I'll do my best to keep…, (UPDATE: June 1, 2020) Here's a complete listing of films streaming on HBO Max as of May 27, 2020. Free trial is for new customers only. Directed by: Alan Yentob. Along the way they surfed undiscovered breaks, skied…. I just enjoyed watching him. Views: 290. His Daffy Duck as Hitler is the funniest thing I’ve seen all year. Unlock. A story that begins 3.5 billion years ago, fungi makes the soil…, Science has confirmed marijuana has the potential to treat physical and mental conditions, from cancer to PTSD. HBO Mel Brooks: Unwrapped. HBO has debuted a trailer for a documentary film titled Mel Brooks: Unwrapped, which is debuting streaming starting in December. Buy. I’m struck and I’m in love,” says Brooks, adding that he screamed out he loved her and that’s it. A magical glimpse at Mel Brooks and his genius, through an unconventional presentation that makes you appreciate his spirit even more. Mel Brooks: Unwrapped is available to watch and stream, download on demand at Hulu online.