If you’re married to a U.S. green card holder, you can expect to wait longer. In summary, applying for a marriage based Green Card will take: Total cost: $1,200 government filing fee + around $250 for medical exam. The financial support form is commonly known as the Affidavit of Support (form I-864). If present in the United States, a Form I-94 (see below); Petitioner must provide proof that he or she is a United States citizen or a legal permanent resident. Marriage based green card timeline. The wait can be anywhere between 5 minutes and 2 hours, depending on the time of day the interview is scheduled. In this section, we will discuss how the entire marriage-based green … How Much Does an Immigration Lawyer Cost? Great news – A U.S. District Court has temporarily blocked USCIS from increasing application fees (the higher fees were originally scheduled to start on Oct 2, 2020). The applicant can financially support themselves in the U.S. without government assistance. Lodged an address where your passport will be delivered, Form I-130A, Supplemental Information Form. If the applicant has ever been arrested he or she must provide proof that there was no conviction. Check-in is where you show appropriate identification, the Interview Notice, a Photo will be taken of the Immigrant, and the Index Fingers will be scanned of the Immigrant. Before we are done, the U.S. government needs to get paid one more time... USCIS charges an Immigrant Fee of $220. Spouse seeking a green card lives in the U.S. and is married to a U.S. green card holder. The Packet! The NVC will have to be satisfied that all documents and information is in place and will ask for additional documents and/or information if needed. After you’re done with the interview, the USCIS will take at least 10 to 13 months to issue a marriage-based green card. It’ll be shorter if he or she is living in the U.S. They can be paid online through CEAC: For payment, you will need to provide a bank routing number and a checking or savings account number from a U.S. bank. The sealed Immigrant Packet is to be handed over to the border customs official when you enter the U.S.. Keep the packet sealed. Source. The spouse applying for a green card is known as the “Beneficiary”. Once a visa is about to become available the green card Beneficiary can begin the process of obtaining a green card through consular processing. No prepayment penalty. For Around 2 weeks after USCIS Notice of Approval, Waiting period until a visa number becomes available ⏰, Around 3 Weeks after the waiting period ends, The Welcome letter from National Visa Center contains your unique case number and invoice ID number. civil unions, domestic partnerships, or other arrangements that are not recognized as specifically marriages where the ceremony took place; polygamous marriages, where one spouse is already married to another person or persons; marriages where one party is not present at the ceremony; marriages for the purpose of violating U.S. immigration law. Around 3 Weeks after USCIS Notice of Approval, The Welcome letter from National Visa Center contains your unique case number and invoice ID number. Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. COVID-19 Updates In USCIS Durham, you are checked-in at the time you are scheduled. Form I-130A Supplemental Information Form, Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Green Card Application), Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (Financial Support Form), Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. at (910) 526-0066. In order to receive a permanent green card you must file a Form I-751 the Petition to Remove Conditions. The NVC will send over your documents to a U.S. consulate or embassy. Pay it through the USCIS website after you receive the immigrant visa and before you travel to the U.S.. (What is this fee for? Your immigrant petition has been approved and it's time for Application Part Two — Immigrant Visa Application! Source, You will need these numbers for filing future applications, so make sure to save the numbers and only share them with people you trust. This is required so that the actual physical green card can be mailed to your address in the United States. In order for a common-law marriage to be recognized as a green card marriage the spouses must live in a place where they meet the requirements for a common-law marriage. You can now start Application Part Two — Immigrant Visa Application. It is important to answer truthfully and to also be prepared. The green card processing time for spouses of U.S. citizens can take anywhere, If the beneficiary is in the United States then the next step will be to file the, If the beneficiary is outside the U.S., it will be sent to the appropriate overseas. Interview Notice Arrives for the Sponsor and Applicant.