You can read diverse opinions from our Board of Contributors and other writers on the Opinion front page, on Twitter @usatodayopinion and in our daily Opinion newsletter. Send Mark a private message. Once she was done answering the questions for which she had obviously rehearsed, she abruptly ended her first briefing by urging everyone to watch a Fox News town hall with Trump and bizarrely reminding people of the television ratings for Trump's coronavirus briefings — as if that matters.

Beyond that, they understood and appreciated the role of reporters in a democracy and knew it was both a privilege and an awesome responsibility to speak from what is arguably the most prestigious, powerful podium in the world. Mark Weinberg is an advertising and commercial photographer based in New York City. "outQuart":"inOutCubic"})}function u(e,t){if(C){var i=z.filter(function(t){return e.path===t.controller.section.key})[0];i||(i=z[0]),e.info.isParentSectionChange||t?s(i):e.info.isSectionChange?h(i):e.info.isModeChange&&h(i),C=!1}}function v(e,t){C=!0;var i=z.filter(function(t){return e.path===t.controller.section.key})[0];i||(i=z[0]),t&&!e.info.isParentSectionChange||i.controller.navigate(e),D.dispatchEvent("cursorAxisUpdate",i.controller.cursorAxis)}function g(){z.forEach(function(e){e.controller.destroy()}),window.removeEventListener("scroll",f),b&&H.removeChild(b)}function f(){clearTimeout(S),S=setTimeout(function(){z.forEach(function(e){e.view.lazyLoader&&e.view.lazyLoader.update(),e.controller.overlayController&&e.controller.overlayController.lazyLoaderUpdate()})},10)}var b,C;t();var L,S;return{type:"unified",layout:n,uriChange:v,modelChange:a,scrollTo:u,transition:o,destroy:g}}function b(){function e(e){clearTimeout(a),a=setTimeout(function(){var t=r.getTotalHeight();xa.section(l.section),qe(l,0,{x:xa.mediaView.x(),y:xa.mediaView.y(l.section.key),width:xa.mediaView.width(),height:t});var i="none"===xa.overrides.siteDisplayBehavior&&/vScroll/.test(xa.overrides.transitionType)?xa.mediaView.zoneHeight():l.container.boundsHeight;qe(l.mask,0,{width:xa.mediaView.width(),height:i}),Sa._mediaContentHeight=t,l.lazyLoader&&l.lazyLoader.update(),"function"==typeof e&&setTimeout(e,500)},500)}function t(){}function i(e,t,i){t||r.navigate(e,i)}function n(){qe(l.container,yo,{backgroundColor:xa.mediaView.backgroundColor()}),e(),r.destroyStaticNav(),r.createStaticNav()}Sa.sectionDisplayMode="single";var o=new R(D,H);k=o;var a,r=o.controller,l=o.view;return{type:"legacy",module:o,layout:e,uriChange:i,modelChange:n,transition:t,destroy:function(){o.controller.destroy()}}}function C(){function e(){var e=r.getTotalHeight();xa.section(l.section),l.x=0,l.y=0,l.width=Ca.width,l.height=Ca.height,l.mask.width=xa.mediaView.width(),l.mask.height=xa.mediaView.contentHeight(),Sa._mediaContentHeight=e,l.lazyLoader&&l.lazyLoader.update()}function t(){}function i(e){r.navigate(e)}function n(){xa.section(l.section),qe(l.container,yo,{backgroundColor:xa.mediaView.backgroundColor()}),e(),r.destroyStaticNav(),r.createStaticNav()}Sa.lastSectionDisplayMode=Sa.sectionDisplayMode,Sa.sectionDisplayMode=/unifiedSiteScroll/.test(xa.overrides.siteDisplayBehavior)? "outQuart":"inOutCubic"})}});var r;return t.updatePosition=function(i){clearTimeout(r),r=setTimeout(function(i){t.y=i-a-e.offsetY,t.x=.5*(Ca.width-a),qe(t,yo,{alpha:1})},1e3,i)},i.position="absolute",i.width=a,i.height=a,t.element.style.transformOrigin="center",n.scale=e.scale,o.d=e.path,o.fill="none",o.stroke=e.color,o.strokeWidth=e.strokeWidth,i.addChild(n),n.addChild(o),t.addChild(i),t}function m(e){return!e.hideFromUnifiedSite&&"%SPACER%"!==e.label&&e.visible&&(! Her performance so far dishonors her position, the memory of the man for whom the White House Press Briefing Room is named and the very podium from which she speaks, and ultimately does not serve her boss well. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. They viewed themselves not just as champions for the president, but as spokesmen for the U.S. government.
Think for a moment of some of the men and women who preceded McEnany: Pierre Salinger, Bill Moyers, Jim Brady, Marlin Fitzwater, Dee Dee Myers, Mike McCurry, and Joe Lockhart, among many others.