Time and time again, Vizio just seems to know how to cram the most value into a product without inflating its price. Gain/Loss comparison of Denon AVR-X3600H vs X4500H, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Been waiting a few years as I still have a damn nice TV in my Panasonic ZT plasma. Rtings tested that. The last HDTVTest video (CX Review) was mislabeled by Vincent as it didn't include the C9 / CX comparison. There are so many general CES threads, I may have missed it.... has 120hz BFI been confirmed or not for LG? It really would be nice to hear the CX has second gen HDMI 2.1 chipsets and components and the Alpha whatever they call it is marginally better than last year, in addition to all the incremental panel improvements we hope for. Either way LG didn't handle it well and actually advertised the opposite until well after many had already bought it.

BTW the difference in nits is like 40-60... not very noticable. Does it mean the C9 without it can't game at 4k 120hz?
But it's out today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT5VK5YPTkc. It’s like there is a bandwidth bottleneck, which only exists when using passthrough. I’m considering the smaller CX for my bedroom, though I hear that still has the Dolby passthrough latency issues. Toss in the fact that all four HDMI ports meet the latest HDMI 2.1 specifications — with features like Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and eARC — a 120 Hz native panel, and this TV offers everything expected — and required — for gaming. So I'm a little confused about this. Here are the best TVs available right now for your future PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X. Only thing is if there are sales of the C9 around the Super Bowl. CX looks increasingly likely to have 120Hz BFI which is a huge upgrade over the C9 (improves near-black uniformity by ~50%). I just don't watch HDR movies and shows. The LG CX OLED revamps our favorite OLED TV for 2020 – the 2019 LG C9 – with an upgrade to the new Alpha 9 Gen 3 processor and latest version of WebOS.

A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. News and discussion of OLED displays, OLED lighting, etc. Offering a Full-Array LED panel with local dimming plus a powerful XI Ultimate processor that can upscale any content to 8K, the Z8H is indeed one powerful machine. The Sony Z8H is the most expensive TV on this list, and for many, a $6,000 display is a lot for any television, even with the added benefits designed for gaming. We had previously picked the LG C9 as our preferred TV for gaming, and the 2019 model still holds up well for a cheaper price than the new CX. You have to convert it to LPCM. The difference is very noticeable. Zero blur and makes every other display in my house seem laggy and slow. When using native apps, with sound through ARC, I get higher bandwidth versions of Dolby encoding through to my receiver, but when attempting to send anything Dolby using passthrough to ARC, I get seemingly lower bandwidth encoding, along with a significant amount of latency. I guess those feet are just something that was rigged so they could showcase the rear of the TV at CES? There is no DTS support at all, not even passthrough. If you aren’t willing to spend a new car’s worth of cash on a TV, however, we suggest the Z8H, a still-pricey but comparatively better alternative at $6,000 for a 75-inch model. The set will be 95% for gaming, 5% or so for UHD Disc Movies. What we've seen of the BX thus far looks eerily similar to last year's B9, and that's not a bad thing. Sony gets the benefit of being the TV company that’s also behind the PlayStation 5, so it has the luxury of building compatibility specifically between its consoles and displays. But, with the news that LG’s 2019 OLED models won’t get a software update to add FreeSync support, the LG CX OLED TV becomes the better overall buy for the new consoles headed our way. Maybe they will be releasing that for C9 later as well through a firmware update, or maybe it can all be done on AMD's end. Luckily, there are several things you can do before the unveiling of the next big gaming consoles. It also has Auto Game Mode, which optimizes your TV’s settings for your specific console, and enables features like Game Motion Plus, Dynamic Black Equalizer, and FreeSync Premium that are all meant to create the smoothest gaming experience possible. CX will have FreeSync to support AMD GPUs too, this test was also done on a C9 with tons of firmware updates vs a CX hot off of the prodution line. Projectors vs. TVs: Which is best for your home theater? Especially with the PS5 and new line of Nvidia graphics cards coming out.

That rings true with the P-Series, which has a Full-Array LED panel, support for Dolby Vision, HDR10/HDR10+, and HLG, and a Spatial Scaling Engine to help round out what projects to be solid picture quality. IMO, the C9 is clearly the better Tv Why you should buy this: It’s a huge display with larger-than-life quality to match. Who it’s for: Gamers who don’t want (or need) to spend an arm or a leg to enjoy quality gameplay on their TV.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. The PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X are fast arriving, but if you’re like us, you’re having trouble waiting for the big, yet-to-be-officially-announced releases. From what I've read, the GX series won't come with stands. Essentially, if you wanted the most premium QLED TV out there, you could turn to the Q90T and have a great experience. In addition to Vizio’s ProGaming Engine, which combines features like Variable Refresh Rate, AMD Free Sync, and an Auto Game Mode, the P Series has HDMI 2.1 inputs and a 120 Hz native panel. The CX will be better in time with more updated software and firmware. Regarding audio passthrough, I’ll be mighty happy once LG patches the Dolby Atmos passthrough ARC issues.
Is the CX good enough?

But, with the news that LG… Regarding DTS audio, I keep hearing this is only a problem when using built-in apps. Upgraded from a 2016 Samsung 8 Series UHD.