The Established Presbyterian Church of Scotland, the Church of Christ, Scientist, as well as the Congregational denomination follow the version found in Matthew 6 in the Authorized Version (known also as the King James Version), which in the prayer uses the words "debts" and "debtors".

not into temptation; but deliver 6: 33 * for the bread of God IS HE who cometh down from heaven, and gives life unto the world. [GAL 1:4 who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of our God and Father: GAL 1:5 to whom be glory forever and ever. “I am the one who falls. There hath no temptation taken You but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer You to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Amen. The same You gave to us even before creation. stm_bp("p0",[1,4,0,0,3,1,0,7,100,"",-2,"",-2,90,0,0,"#000000","#BC0714","",3,1,1,"#BC0714"]); According to the Aramaic/Syriac Peshitta, the prayer concludes with "For Yours is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, forever and ever." Hollowed be Your name It is the Square Script that I play around with and not the so called Ancient Hebrew script. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts and sins as we have forgiven our debtors.

Much of the writings of the Dead Sea Scrolls were in Hebrew but there was also many documents written in Aramaic, Arabic, Greek and Latin.

Jehovah Rohi, Our Eternal Sheppard. The Catholic Church has never attached doxology to the Lord's Prayer, but has included it in the Roman Rite Mass as revised in 1969, not as part of the Our Father but separated from it by a prayer called the embolism spoken or sung by the priest. form in Luke 11:2–4, ܐܰܒ݂ܽܘܢ ܕ݁ܒ݂ܰܫܡܰܝܳܐܢܶܬ݂ܩܰܕ݁ܰܫ ܫܡܳܟ݂:ܬ݁ܺܐܬ݂ܶܐ ܡܰܠܟ݁ܽܘܬ݂ܳܟ݂:ܢܶܗܘܶܐ ܨܶܒ݂ܝܳܢܳܟ݂ ܐܰܝܟ݂ ܕ݂ܒ݂ܰܫܡܰܝܳܐ ܐܳܦ݂ ܒܰ݁ܐܪܥܳܐ:ܗܰܒ݂ܠܰܢ ܠܰܚܡܳܐ ܕ݂ܣܽܘܢܩܳܢܰܢ ܟ݁ܽܠܝܽܘܡ:ܘܰܫܒ݂ܽܘܩ ܠܰܢ ܚܛܳܗܰܝ̈ܢ:ܐܳܦ݂ ܚܢܰܢ ܓ݁ܶܝܪ ܫܒ݂ܰܩܢ ܠܟ݂ܽܠ ܕ݁ܚܰܝܳܒܺܝܢ ܠܰܢ:ܘܠܳܐ ܬ݂ܰܥܠܰܢ ܠܢܶܣܝܽܘܢܳܐ:

John 3:16 solidifies this promise. stm_aix("p0i7","p0i1",[]); opinion (always good in N.T. Name that carries authority with an eternal character, worthy of all worship and honor. 417 E. Fairmount Rd., Burbank, CA 91501 Although Jesus spoke Aramaic as the common language, as a rabbi He probably used many Hebrew terms in his teachings. and that is where we can draw from the scripture. stm_aix("p0i8","p0i0",[0,"Sunday School","","",-1,-1,0,"http://www.soc-wus.org/sundayschool.htm","_self","","","","",0,0,0,"","",0,0]);

GOD'S WORD® Translation Don't allow us to be tempted. The Anglican Book of Common Prayer adds the doxology in some services but not in all.

Because YOU created all things, and for Your pleasure they were created. Syriac Orthodox Church of Still, I’m so very glad to find these nuggets from your writings. debts and debtors and “let us not into temptation” and the deference is quite huge, since God never leading the man into temptation but delivers him from it, see James 1:13-14.

For Thine is the … 5th, And forgive us our debts as we also forgive our debtors — Give us, O Lord, redemption in thy blood, even the forgiveness of sins: as thou enablest us freely and fully to forgive every man, so do thou forgive all our trespasses.

stm_ep(); All these versions are based on the text in Matthew, rather than Luke, of the prayer given by Jesus. established in 1952 as the Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church Lead us not into temptation You have kept us from temptation, as we strive to eschew temptation, for we know that You do not lead or carry us into temptation, because YOU tempt no man, nor are YOU tempted with evil.

Our stm_ep(); stm_ai("p0i0",[0,"Churches ","","",-1,-1,0,"","_self","","","","",0,0,0,"http://www.soc-wus.org/_pgtres/arrow_r.gif","http://www.soc-wus.org/_pgtres/arrow_r.gif",7,7,0,0,1,"#BC0714",0,"#FB7A7A",0,"","",3,3,0,0,"#000000","#000000","#ffffff","#000000","10pt Verdana","10pt Verdana",0,0]); We know that our desire is to walk upright always even though there are times we fail, but we are not habitually sinning, but, striving to do Your will, Oh God! Your, abode is the Heaven, and the earth Your footstool.

and the glory. Hence using the Dead Sea Scrolls rendering as guide we would find a more proper rendering of this phrase: Lead us not into temptation to be: Do not allow us to enter wrongful thinking or testing. stm_aix("p1i13","p1i0",[0,"St. Peter Church, Glendora, CA ","","",-1,-1,0,"http://www.soc-wus.org/churches/stPeterGl.htm"]);

In November 1995 by Tel: (818) 845-5089 Fax: (818) 953-7203 The translated prayer as it occurs in King James 2000 Bible And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. The difficulty now lies in translation of the Aramaic word, the word most likely used by Jesus, for temptation which is nesiona into the Greek word peirasmon. but the word of God stands forever.

God wants us to pray that we do not enter into wrong thinking or wrong testing.

stm_aix("p0i8","p0i0",[0,"New King James Version","","",-1,-1,0,"http://www.soc-wus.org/nkjv.htm","_self","","","","",0,0,0,"","",0,0]); You have indeed delivered us from all evil, for as a born again creation, even thought by my actions was not merited; instead You gave us deliverance thru Your Son and Our Savior.

and (καὶ) do not (μὴ) lead in (εἰσενέγκῃς) us (ἡμᾶς) into (εἰς) the trial/temptation (πειρασμόν) The word “ εἰσενέγκῃς” is the aorist subjunctive active of the verb “ εἰσφέρω “. Luke 11:2–4. I ALSO am a beneficiary of that act.

Older English translations of the Bible, based on late Byzantine Greek manuscripts, included it, but it is excluded in critical editions of the New Testament, such as that of the United Bible Societies. is the kingdom. Our Father Who is in heaven, holy be Your Name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

i sure hope that i am not being presumptious victor.

Who throughout the scriptures Your creation has been called by names expressing who are You based upon Your acts of Love, and demonstration of Your Power, Jehovah Nissi Lord our banner, when our enemies chase after us, we run to You and upon seeing Your standard they fall at Your feet.. Jehovah Jirah, Our provider, who is always willing to have our needs met according to His riches in Christ.

[MAT 6:15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will Your Father forgive Your trespasses. stm_aix("p1i14","p1i0",[0,"St. Matthew the elder Church, Seattle, WA ","","",-1,-1,0,"http://www.soc-wus.org/churches/stMatthew.htm"]); We urge our Syriac Orthodox Churches to use their original Aramaic/Syriac version which is the original language of the lord and not copying the other translations, the English translation of the Aramaic language is: Translated according to the Aramaic/Syriac. stm_aix("p0i7","p0i1",[]);