So do it, damn it. “The clear results of the present study open a wide door to a therapeutic advance. Just Kiss The Damn Boo-Boo. Even if you’re not little anymore, that doesn’t mean the kid in you doesn’t need TLC time. For these types of cuts you should: Have a gaping cut examined within four hours of the injury. . Vicente A. Torres, Ph.D, an associate professor at the Institute for Research in Dental Sciences within the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Chile, spoke about the findings. Other stars' kids you didn't even know existed. Don’t KISS an open wound because the scrape will be contaminated by the germs normally found in a person’s mouth. Perhaps people around you use this word, and you have no idea why they keep using it? Originally, the term is supposed to be used only for one person, to indicate how special this person is for you, that is why it is mostly used to refer to the closest people. I also let my body know it’s going to be okay, and I instantly feel better! Media Source . Like it was truly going to be okay? I know a kiss would help. . Yes, alright, I have issues. Does it have an effect on childhood, though? You can often stumble upon young people being like “hanging out with boo” or “just had the best date with bae” under their new photos. The sooner the cut is closed the less risk it is for getting infected. READ ALSO: Most touching love messages for boyfriend, Leave your email to receive our newsletter, Get the hottest stories from the largest news site in Nigeria, Drop your mail and be the first to get fresh news, This is why you must never marry a poor person if you're rich - Nigerian man gives reasons, sounds strong warning, It's a trap to promote toxic behavior - Toke Makinwa speaks on finding closure from broken relationships (video), I hate cheap gifts - Actress Sylvia Oluchy says, gives reasons. Your email address will not be published. While the word is mostly used for the romantic relationships, the use of it between friends or family members can be possible in the same way you use the word “honey” or “hun” with them. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. It seems that kissing that boo-boo is actually important for the healing process. Next time you hear the cry of a scraped knee or a cut finger, reassure your child with a hug and by following the above steps. According to the multiple slang dictionaries, boo is an affectionate term for referring to your significant other. Maybe this study started after the researcher was deprived of a number of kisses as a child too. Why are our parents so stubborn in not wanting to? Skip navigation Sign in. Yes, alright, I have issues. Mostly, people call their boyfriends and girlfriends boo, especially on social media. ", The little boy crept up behind the cat and shouted, "Boo! It always makes my little girls boo boos feel better. They also bring to mind the possible meaning of animals, and often children, 'licking their wounds.’”. Copyright © 2020 ChildrensMD. This video is unavailable. Don’t we all rush to the sound of a whimper to kiss away the pain? It seems that kissing that boo-boo is actually important for the healing process. Sure, we’re strong and we’re not going to burst out crying in public because we expect no “there, there” from those around us but really, we don’t need much, just a little attention from our parents. Maybe. The editor in chief of the FASED Journal, Thoru Pederson, Ph.D., also spoke about the research. Boo-boo definition: an embarrassing mistake ; blunder | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples “Mommy kiss it and make it feel better,” she pleads. Devenez parrain de WordReference pour voir le site sans publicités. See more. But with a new study proving that kissing boo-boos is actually a good thing, I have to vent. The comedian's crass joke was met with boos from the audience. Pain, redness, or swelling worsens 48 hours after the injury. If the pain is worse than it was the second day. Don’t pick off the scabs. Where did the word “boo” come from? This term is supposedly derived from the word beau, which means beautiful in French. Boo meaning. Remove any loose or hanging skin with small scissors. The research revolved around a peptide which is found in our saliva. And soon that “ouchy” will really be gone! Pediatric Well-Child Checks During COVID-19, Summertime & Obesity | Good Eating Habits, Dealing with a Persistent Cough in Children. Search. Not so fast! Yes, I’m talking about me again. The editor in chief of the, about the research. Last but not least, we need to make sure the child is up to date on all required vaccines to insure no complications from this injury.