Bleeding Me. It has two long, drooping horns, and long, shield-shaped eyes. At the very end, hundreds of other King Nothings surround him. The official music video for "King Nothing", directed by Matt Mahurin, was filmed in Park City, Utah in December 1996. Just to play the king But the castle’s crumbled And you’re left with just a name Where’s your crown, King Nothing? Where's your crown? In the music video, "King Nothing" is seen wandering around a snowy wasteland, throwing away his crown, and then putting another one on. Between its horns and the piece around its neck, it takes a shape reminiscent of certain traditional depictions of a jesterW. Huh! I believe its the way of the rulers, like Louis the Third and Vlademir Lenin, that inspired this song. I wish I may, I wish I might Have this wish I wish tonight I want that star, I want it now I want it all and I don't care how Careful what you wish Careful what you say Careful what you wish, you may regret it As of the beginning of 2012, "King Nothing" has been played live 338 times. "King Nothing" is a song by American heavy metal band Metallica from their 1996 album Load. TOP lyrics de Metallica. Metallica Wiki is a FANDOM Music Community. King Nothing Metallica; Wish I may, wish I might Have this I wish tonight Are you satisfied? It’s super easy, we promise! The demo of "King Nothing" was called "Load" (hence the title of the album on which it is featured) and was recorded in Lars Ulrich's home studio 'Dungeon' by James Hetfield and Ulrich on November 30, 1994. He does this so much, by the end of the video, there are crowns everywhere. Cure. Log in now King Nothing. Dig for gold, dig for fame You dig to make your name Are you pacified? 1 About 2 Live 3 Trivia 4 Lyrics 5 References The song talks about wanting fame and fortune, and how after awhile, it's not what you wanted and it all becomes too much. The song talks about wanting fame and fortune, and how after awhile, it's not what you wanted and it all becomes too much. I wish I may, I wish I might Have this wish I wish tonight I want that star, I want it now I want it all and I don’t care how Careful what … The song also features a similar structure. they all got to greedy (except Louis because he didnt bone his wife, so she got greedy) and were exiled or killed by the Revolutions. Just to play the king But the castle's crumbled And you're left with just a name Where's your crown, King Nothing? Learn how and when to remove this template message, The $5.98 E.P. Letra de Nothing Else Matters (en español) Letra de Nothing Else Matters. - Garage Days Re-Revisited, Orgullo, Pasión, y Gloria: Tres Noches en la Ciudad de México, A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=King_Nothing&oldid=972594506, Articles needing additional references from February 2009, All articles needing additional references, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 12 August 2020, at 22:47. A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica, https://metallica.fandom.com/wiki/King_Nothing_(song)?oldid=19675. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. It was written by James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, and Kirk Hammett. In the colored manga, King Nothing is primarily lilac with the occasional magenta puzzle piece, green features and brown collar. On the US charts, the song reached number 90 on the Billboard Hot 100, while peaking at number six on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. However, since 2016, the crowd sings "Where's your crown". The Outlaw Torn. King Nothing is the fifth song on Metallica's album Load. Hero of the Day. "King Nothing" is a song by American heavy metal band Metallica from their 1996 album Load. 0. This ultimately leads to his downfall, as shown in "And it all crashes down, and you break your crown". The guitars and bass are both tuned to Eb. A single of "King Nothing" was released in the United States. Wasting My Hate. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. King Nothing is the fifth song on Metallica's album Load. Yaw, nothing Oh where's your crown? "King Nothing" was featured as background music in the ninth episode of the second season of The Sopranos, "From Where to Eternity", in a scene in which Tony Soprano is speaking with Paulie Gualtieri in the Bada Bing strip club. Every time I listen to King Nothing I think of Shakespeare's MacBeth. This is a nod to one of Metallica's most famous songs, "Enter Sandman", which also features these words. It included a live version of the song "Ain't My Bitch", which is also on the album Load. Meaning to "King Nothing" song lyrics (3 meanings) Nick November 1, 2012-10:31. King Nothing is a hollow humanoid Stand made entirely out of jigsaw puzzle pieces. It was written by James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, and Kirk Hammett. As of Rockavaria 2015, James will sing "Where fuck's your crown" instead of "Where's your crown". "King Nothing" was played live for the first time on June 9, 1996, In San Francisco, CA. Mama Said. Where’s your crown? A music video also accompanied the song. Lyrics submitted by to tell us what you think this song means. My research, however, suggests that song makes no such reference to a historical person or event. The lyrics pertain a person's overwhelming desire to obtain power, and the inevitable downfall as a consequence. Ronnie. how could could they have power,a castle, leadership without anyone to support them. Just to play the king But the castle's crumbled and you're left with just a name Where's your crown, King Nothing? The song circles around the theme of "be careful what you wish for". Poor Twisted Me. I'll keep it simple, and just say what the lyrics actually describe. Don’t have an account? The demo for "King Nothing" is named "Load". At the end of the song, the words "Off to never-never land" can be heard. The song starts on a bass riff which develops into the main riff of the song. Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display. The song was written by James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, and Kirk Hammett. It has been played at least once on every tour since it was released. The lyrics depict a man who just wants to play the king and doesn't care about anything else. "King Nothing" was played live for the first time on June 9, 1996, In San Francisco, CA. Thorn Within. fennsk, edited by Calgure96, Ashram. Sounds to me like it's about a guy who spends his whole life doing nothing but trying to get rich.