This is supposedly only good for endurance exercise but I've been pushing it further and further to where I can do intense exercise with much much higher stamina than I could with carbs. Unless you are an olympic athlete - then so called "carb cycling" is just a different name for cheating. at your weight there is absolutely zero need to do "carb cycling" which is, at your current weight, actually just cheating. Carb cycling will slow down the amount of time it takes to get fat adapted. Carb cycling works for those who are already fat adapted and do heavy intense work outs. Soon as I started weight might as well a started to melt off. It seems kind of like a sensitive subject here, but judging by other peoples stance on the subject it may seem beneficial to do every once in a while. I was stuck at 389 for like, multiple weeks. Set your activity to sedentary. The fact you lost 4 lbs after eating Taco Bell is not a good reason to start carb cycling. It takes time and work to get there though -- all your life you haven't relied on fat for muscle energy; you've "hit the wall" and reloaded carbs to get past it. you'd have had it regardless. I'm careful about what I consume, and mostly stick to meets and greens, and black coffee. But I haven't had Chinese food since September, and even if I had a cheat day the sauce in that stuff is waaaaaaay too many fucking carbs. .FIYolDqalszTnjjNfThfT{max-width:256px;white-space:normal;text-align:center} Finally, even without a carb-up I am down five pounds over the last three days. Mouseover or click to view the metric conversion for this comment. Carb cycling is just a diferent name for cheating for 400 lbs dudes. It's normal for there to be a drop in performance for while when you first start but as you become fat adapted your performance comes back and often surpasses previous levels. It is all matter of your priorities. Once you're fat adapted you don't need carbs for energy, or even food since your body has plenty of fat to burn. I go off keto on planned times a couple times a month but I'm at my goal and would not go off if still trying to lose weight. When he needs peak performance, he eats carbs. ._2a172ppKObqWfRHr8eWBKV{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:8px}._39-woRduNuowN7G4JTW4I8{border-top:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);margin-top:12px;padding-top:12px}._3AOoBdXa2QKVKqIEmG7Vkb{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);border-radius:4px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-direction:row;flex-direction:row;margin-top:12px}.vzEDg-tM8ZDpEfJnbaJuU{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:14px;width:14px}.r51dfG6q3N-4exmkjHQg_{font-size:10px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-transform:uppercase;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between}._2ygXHcy_x6RG74BMk0UKkN{margin-left:8px}._2BnLYNBALzjH6p_ollJ-RF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-left:auto}._1-25VxiIsZFVU88qFh-T8p{padding:0}._3BmRwhm18nr4GmDhkoSgtb{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);-ms-flex:0 0 auto;flex:0 0 auto;line-height:16px} ._3bX7W3J0lU78fp7cayvNxx{max-width:208px;text-align:center} Don't abuse it, obviously. Even Tim Noakes states that a single cheat meal is fine as long as you don't continue to eat carbs after that. It's not insane that you woke up lighter..weight fluctuates. .s5ap8yh1b4ZfwxvHizW3f{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);padding-top:5px}.s5ap8yh1b4ZfwxvHizW3f._19JhaP1slDQqu2XgT3vVS0{color:#ea0027} Cookies help us deliver our Services. I'm 26 and lift mon wed fri, and run tues & thurs. I’ve recently noticed that I’m completely exhausted when I get to about 1/2 way through my workouts, this didn’t happen earlier this week ( I spend time with family Monday for Canadian thanks giving and that was a “ cheat” day, had mashed potatoes and some stuffing) when I had replenished my carbs, even though I was back into ketosis on Tuesday ( did a 14 hour fast) what are your guy’s thoughts/experiences on carb cycling?