But now as an adult I’m like, fuck yeah! In high school Samantha was my favorite, I don’t know if I’d want to be Miranda. And, no one can judge anyone. We have so much pressure to prove to people that we have our shit together and we’re smart. But yet you go home to her place and she’s living like a disaster and her vibrator lights on fire. reserved.PMC Entertainment. I have a mental image of a scene where Lindsay eats her coworker’s noodles out of the shared fridge with her bare hand. Buffalo controls the AFC East. Together they form an unlikely bond and begin a journey that will change both of their lives. I brought a juice bottle and was just like [extremely jacking-off gesture] shaking it a lot. Pittsburgh is undefeated. In addition to singing and “dancing,” you also showed your range with some memorable You’re the Worst–style sex. “I was thinking, I know, I need to get a facial. I auditioned for a toilet paper commercial. It’s the one where [a newly separated] Lindsay has to figure out how to do everything on her own. Rue will play Julia, described as an ambitious social climber. You know when she moves in with Steve and spills the marinara sauce and has the whole monologue about how she’s messy? All the writers were like, “Kid, this is a good first job!” Sitting in a van and having this girl destroy you. Who does that?! Am I allowed to say Jem? That’s where I was just like … I think I said to Stephen and the writers, “Wait, so this is only Episode 2!” They said, like, “This isn’t even the max level of craziness.” I was like, buckle up. Rue’s recent TV credits include “American Housewife,” “The Rookie,” and “A Series of Unfortunate Events.” She also previously starred in the TV Land comedy “Impastor” and the ABC comedy series “Less Than Perfect.”. Her power goes out because she doesn’t know how to pay bills. And I think playing this character, what it taught me was that I am comfortable with my complexities, that I know they’re there, and so that’s not really my problem if other people still judge. Playing that character was as fun as it sounds. Real horny.” It’s also so random. ‘The American President’ With Bill Simmons, Amanda Dobbins, and Van Lathan. Like, Kate Bush doesn’t license her music. My only good FaceTime story is that I did a piece on A-Rod once and while I was interviewing him, J.Lo FaceTimed him and he turned the screen to me. It was shot in North Carolina because Claire Danes was in the commercial, and I played her bitchy publicist. She is repped by APA, Artists First and Sloane Offer. Every time I read the blocks for the scripts, for any of the blocks, I felt like an audience member. Variety and the Flying V logos are trademarks of Variety Media, LLC. I was like, fuck it, it’s Sophie’s choice. I did an Audi commercial that [You’re the Worst director] Jordan Vogt-Roberts directed. Kether Donohue spent a life-changing five seasons on FXX’s “You’re the Worst” as Lindsay Jillian, who was as clueless as she was loyal. This was an enormous compliment for Donohue; over the course of five seasons on You’re the Worst, her character, Lindsay, was indeed pregnant and married and horny, sometimes at the same time. Like, he was really white and he had like, baaa-lack and baaaa-lue everywhere. She’s also a jill of all trades, working as a retail clothing store manager, jewelry designer and bartender. Plus: Drew Lock invents his own dance, the wind howls in Cleveland, and a punch echoes through the ages. Kether Donohue and Sara Rue have both been cast in the CBS multi-camera comedy pilot “B Positive.”. When I was doing Grease: Live I did the Hollywood Today morning talk show and Kris Jenner was on before me and we were on the same couch and I was like, “life is really weird.” Because I was an actor promoting a show, I was supposed to think that was normal, right? She tried to tolerate her ex-husband Drew’s “idiosyncrasies,” but she eventually acted out in the form of an affair. I’ve always loved that character so much; that show, old-school multicam. Meanwhile, Donohue will play Leanne, a party girl who’s still able to keep up with 20-somethings — even if she always pays for it the next day. Who are some of your favorite TV characters from other shows? The ‘You’re the Worst’ sidekick impregnated herself with a turkey baster, stabbed her husband, and “destroyed” a man. You’re the Worst wrapped up a year ago after five seasons. Just the fact that it’s two brief sentences with a period. Is there one that you got and almost dropped the page? Songwriters Sara and Pierce navigate the challenges of creating new compositions for pop stars. He didn’t want the actors to necessarily know what was going to happen. I mean, I am one of the—I could be considered an annoying hippie person. If I tilt my monitor down even once inch, all you’ll see is laundry. Aya talks about this all the time, I think she even put this on her Instagram birthday post to me, but: I am a FaceTimer! I would choose Miranda, too, but as an adult. On October 26, 2020, Jim Patterson joined the series as an executive producer and co-showrunner. She’s brilliant at her job. They join previously announced series co-lead Annaleigh Ashford. Real Horny? [Through a mouthful of KIND Bar] I’m eating a KIND Bar for breakfast. This business is fucking hard and crazy and like, you often wonder, “Am I a masochist?” Like I’m voluntarily signing up to be in this world of rejection. Kether Donohue, who played the coquettishly uncouth best friend Lindsay Jillian in the FXX dark sitcom You’re the Worst, was standing in line for the bathroom at a restaurant in West Hollywood a few years back when she felt the stare of a woman behind her. Whenever actors are going through it, I’m like, no, hang in there because when I booked this, I had tried out L.A. and it wasn’t working. I was collecting unemployment. I remember Stephen had an old headshot of mine where I had a pixie haircut. And I’ll never forget, she’s like, “Yeah, we’re shooting here because this is where my day job is.” Like my day job is, you know, waitressing at the Irish tavern. Yeah, I mean, no! She rides the bicycle …. Is there anything you would change about Lindsay? Oh my gosh, we must be similar ages. © Copyright 2020 Variety Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. Did ‘The Mandalorian’ Just Unveil [REDACTED]? Is Lindsay the hot one or the dumb one? Hello! The Differences Between ‘The Vow’ and ‘Seduced’—and Why They Matter, Where HBO’s series dwells on cult leader Keith Raniere’s anodyne mask to heighten the shock of what lies beneath, Starz’s sacrifices that shock for a sharper portrait of the monster within, ‘Jeopardy!’ Contestants’ Most Hated Word: Preemption. Drop a comment with your thoughts below. I grew up on Jem. What Does the Tony La Russa Hire Really Mean? “New Phone, Who Dis?” or Great Sex, Bud. I think I’ve learned to be more compassionate to myself, honestly, playing Lindsay. We’re not just one thing—we’re so many things and women always feel so much pressure. And it’s so funny cause she was shooting Homeland in North Carolina. So I FaceTimed with J.Lo. It really felt like magical synchronistic circumstances. Weirdly, my animation agent in L.A. calls like, “Hey, could you fly out to L.A. tomorrow?” I was like, sure. As of 2020, Kether Donohue is possibly single. It taught me to embrace my own mess. It had to be like, chop, chop, chop, stab, chop, chop, chop. And it’s so odd that acting roles that I’ve done in the past few years have seemed to have some musical element. That’s probably one of my favorite monologues. What’s your favorite episode for the character? [In a deep drawl] Real horny. The Kate Bush. I loved filming that duet with Allan [McLeod], and I fucking love that song, but the Kate Bush is so classic. Pity the players who summit trivia’s Everest and compete on ‘Jeopardy!,’ only to have their episode canceled by election coverage. Or a tornado. NCIS: Los Angeles: Kayla Smith Set to Recur as LL Cool J's TV Daughter March is a month for brackets, so this week on The Ringer, we’re hosting The Best TV Characters of the Century—an expansive, obsessive, and unexpectedly fraught competition to determine the best fictional TV personality of the past 20 years. Penned by Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives writer Marco Pennette, B Positive centers on a newly divorced dad named Drew (yet to be cast) who, faced with finding a kidney donor, runs into Gina (Masters of Sex’s Ashford), a rough-around-the edges woman from his past who volunteers her organ. Donohue will star as Leanne, described as a party girl who can still keep up with the 20-somethings but now pays for it the next day. Divisional games rule, and the Cowboys’ quarterback situation drools. The Good Doctor's Freddie Highmore Previews Pandemic Episodes, Shaun as Supervisor, His Relationship…, The Blacklist's Liz Seeks to Destroy a 'Vulnerable' Red in Season 8 Trailer, Eve Leaving The Talk After 4 Seasons — Watch Her Emotional Announcement, Nikki McKibbin, American Idol Season 1 Contestant, Dead at 42, Eve Leaving The Talk After 4 Seasons — Watch Her Emotional…, Colbert's Election Night Special Will 'Absolutely Call Bulls--t' If a…, The Blacklist's Liz Seeks to Destroy a 'Vulnerable' Red in Season 8…, NCIS: Los Angeles: Kayla Smith Set to Recur as LL Cool J's TV Daughter, Eve Leaving The Talk After 4 Seasons -- Watch Her Emotional Announcement.