“A friend of hers who was savvy with computer stuff set it up and I never had any interest in it. When 'Wiseguy' came along I was hesitant to do it, but I thought the quality was good. First wife, Corinne Alphen Wahl, was "Penthouse" Pet of the Year in the mid-'80s.

Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama, Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, "From Killer Looks to No-Kill to Nabbing a Kitten Killer: The Barbi Twins Connect the Dots to Save Animals", "At the Movies: Ken Wahl chuckles at Hollywood", "Television Review: A Return to 'Wiseguy', With the Original Guy", "Ken Wahl Offers Golden Globe To Catch Cat Killer", "Ken and Barbis Ask Your Help for Animal Shelters", "Barbi Twins Send a Special Memorial Day Message", "The Barbi Twins and Ken Wahl Are 'Saving America's Horse, "The Wiseguy 'Gets' Animals: An Interview With Ken Wahl", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ken_Wahl&oldid=973378015, Best Drama Actor Golden Globe (television) winners, Articles with unsourced statements from February 2017, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 16 August 2020, at 22:05. Eventually living in Los Angeles, he worked as an extra on movies including The Buddy Holly Story (1978). I don’t know what to do. Wahl wrote an episode of Wiseguy in 1989 and directed an episode in 1990. I hope he is okay. So I get the networks’ point. Ken Wahl is a member of the following lists: American film actors, American television actors and Best Drama Actor Golden Globe (television) winners. At the time, his wife, Shane Barbi (of The Barbi Twins), had had a friend set up a Twitter account for him, which, he emphasizes, he had nothing to do with. We were very proud in the sense that we would never take any government handouts. Wahl, a Golden Globe winner, says he suffered a serious spinal injury in a 1992 motorcycle crash that kept him from regular acting gigs and started a downward spiral into alcohol abuse. You’re going to be totally lost. And I just hated that feeling.

Ken Wahl has gone from Wiseguy to poor guy.. You know how people, when they do something charitable, say, ‘Well, if I could help one person, it would’ve been worth it’? (1982). Ken Wahl was previously married to Lorrie Vidal (1993 - 1997) and Corinne Wahl (1983 - 1991).. About. “You’re not helping anyone by getting wild animals as some people do,” he says. [4], By 1981, Wahl's father had remarried, and, between acting jobs, Wahl stayed in Chicago with his father and stepmother or with his sister. I was stepping up, and the [camera] wheel caught my right heel and it just ripped out the Achilles tendon. [9] They renewed their wedding vows in 2008.

“The Wiseguy stuff is just for fun, but this, the work for the Vets, is serious stuff,” he says, “and close to my heart. Ken Wahl is a 65 year old American Actor. There have been key moments in his life when Ken Wahl has taken the pragmatic approach, pushing everything else aside to get done what he’s needed to. Go ahead and pursue your happiness and everything that you want with great vigor, confidence and enthusiasm; just make sure you count your current blessings while you are in that pursuit.

His original intent was to become a baseball player, but a crash on his friend’s mini-bike resulted in him “busting up my knees pretty good, so I couldn’t run anymore. Just read it.’ I did and I was floored. He went on to star in The Taking of Beverly Hills (1991) and The Favor (1994), as well as a Wiseguy reunion TV-movie in 1996,[8] his final screen performance. The actor explains how his career was red hot from 1983 to 1991.

He is divorced from Corinne Alphen, and after a brief second marriage, he married Shane Barbi, in 1997. Apologizing for name dropping, Ken details, “I worked with Paul Newman when I was, what, 21-years-old? Ken Wahl has gone from Wiseguy to poor guy. He said that there were 22 veteran suicides per day on average. I love him for being a great actor and its beauty. However, I thought perhaps I could use this forum to do something to get the word out to anybody that would care to listen, because we had to do something about these 22 veteran suicides per day.”, “That figure of 22 per day is all encompassing,” Ken continues. And he enjoyed great success with acting until an accident in 1992 resulted in injuries so severe that he was, as he calls it, “forcibly retired.” As he struggled with the pain on a daily basis over the years, he found a new calling, if you will, in 2010. They had a son named Raymond, but divorced in 1991. Alphen also demanded $7,000 a month in child support for their son. Was working as a gas station jockey in the Midwest when he decided to drive out to L.A. and try to his luck in Hollywood. The following year he appeared in Running Scared, but in 1981 had the amazing opportunity to co-star with screen legend Paul Newman in the cop drama Fort Apache, The Bronx. Not wearing a helmet, Wahl was injured badly enough to require 89 stitches in his scalp.

videos Is this what you think of me?’ I almost fired my agent. He is divorced from Corinne Alphen, and after a brief second marriage, he married Shane Barbi, in 1997. [citation needed], During the second season, he injured himself again, on an episode directed by Jan Eliasberg. Other dates of birth -- such as February 14, 1953, February 14, 1956, October 31, 1954, October 31, 1957, and October 31, 1959 -- have been proffered over the years. Ken Wahl was previously married to Lorrie Vidal (1993 - 1997) and Corinne Wahl (1983 - 1991). I'm forever grateful for all the major producers who offered me numerous opportunities for huge comebacks. I said, ‘Are you kidding me? thebarbitwins@msn.com, Other Works [4] His official biography says he then worked as a janitor while in high school and as a gas-station attendant at his family's service station. Wahl married his first wife, former Penthouse Pet of the Year Corinne Alphen, in 1983 or 1984, (sources differ), divorcing in 1991. “I also want to say again that this is connecting with people,” he adds. make a living, so I decided to do it. So I was very pragmatic about it and just approached it as a job.”.

By the time he came up with Wiseguy, Stephen J. Cannell was already a prolific producer, but outside of James Garner’s The Rockford Files, there was little in his credits that would have suggested something as grounded as this show.

But animals, to me, were a great solace and a great comfort. They had one daughter and one son. The erstwhile TV hunk, who played undercover FBI agent Vinnie Terranova in the classic '80s crime series, is … i was addicted to wiseguy. The conversation with Ken on Wiseguy continues (which will be presented at a later date), and it’s pretty clear that he has some wonderful memories of that show. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Download the TMZ App on the Apple App Store, Download the TMZ App on the Google Play Store. Crashed his motorcycle at age 15 and again in 1984 as he was on his way to a meeting with Diane Keaton to co-star in Mrs. Soffel (1984); the part went to Mel Gibson .

I watched it and, I’m telling you, every episode is exactly the same. A severe injury in 1992 effectively ended his acting career. You saw it once when it came on during the fall and winter, and then you saw it once in the summer, if you wanted to, as a rerun before the next season started. In 1984, he then suffered another motorcycle crash, while on his way to meet with Diane Keaton about the role that eventually went to Mel Gibson in the film Mrs. Soffel. [12], On 19 January 2010, he offered his Golden Globe Award as part of a reward then being assembled by the Second Chance Rescue Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to help find and convict the person who glued a 7-month-old orange tabby to Minnesota State Highway 60, where travelers found it on 18 December 2009; the cat, which rescuers called Timothy, died days later. For his personal life, it is known that Ken married Corinne Alphen in 1983, but they divorced in 1991; they have a child. © 2020 E! Help us build our profile of Ken Wahl! And they get paid how much to do that?’ I wasn’t intimidated by that idea at all. And the gratification that I have received from doing this exceeds anything I’ve ever done in my life by orders of magnitude.”, Orion/Polyc International/Kobal/Shutterstock. photos, And I wanted to do something different.”, He recalls seeing movies and watching television shows, and saying to himself, “‘That doesn’t look so tough. I must admit, that’s not good enough for me, although I understand the spirit of people saying that and I understand what they mean. Official Sites. I’m just starting out here, but luckily I’ve never had that urge to be famous anyway.