God still will accept me tonight . Thank you to all of the judges and all of the American idol team! Thank you all so much for supporting me . All right reserved. Copyright 2018-2020 Talent Recap©. Discover Chrissy Teigen’s Hidden Talent on Her New YouTube Channel! In the meantime I hope to continue to put out music that you all can listen to and truly feel while listening to it. “But I like what I like, and that’s just that, you know? "America’s IDOL ❤️," another said. ❤️", In response to Just Sam's post, the singer's fans posted supportive words in the comments section. The contestant receives a $300,000 advance to record the album, but they’re expected to pay that amount back from the album sales. God will still accept me tonight.”, A post shared by Shana (@shana_deandrea) on May 28, 2020 at 8:23pm PDT. Discover Chrissy Teigen’s Hidden Talent on Her New YouTube Channel! After Zhavia, ‘The Four’ Winner Evvie McKinney Gets Signed To A Label! We are the official Fans & Support group for #OurStar Samantha Diaz American Idol Winner 2020.We Support. ‘The Masked Singer’ Prediction and All the Clues Decoded! Was The Last ‘Bring The Funny’ Semifinal The Best Episode Yet? ‘AMERICAN IDOL’ WINNER JUST SAM EXPLAINS STANDING WITH POLICE AND RELIVES HER ‘WORST RUN-INS’ WITH THE COPS. Who Is Whatchamacallit? 1,138 Followers, 972 Following, 490 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Samantha (@just__sam) Season 2 had Clay Aiken, who reached the Number Two spot while still being in the closet. ‘BGT’ Semifinals: Nurse Who Survived COVID Performs Emotional Song [VIDEO], ‘BGT’ Semifinals: Creepy Contortionist Makes The Judges Cringe [VIDEO], ‘BGT’ Semifinals: Acrobatic Dance Crew Blows The Judges Away [VIDEO], WATCH 13-Year-Old Indian Become The World’s Fastest Piano Player Ever [VIDEO], These Talents From Kazakhstan Are Taking America By Storm, Global Star Dimash Kudaibergen ELIMINATED On ‘Masked Singer’ China. #SamTheStar #JustSam PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS AND AGREE TO GROUP RULES in order to be approved. "I was crying and very afraid and of course I screamed for my grandmother, but they didn’t care because I was black and in the projects. Per the NYPD website, the Crime Prevention division aims to "inform community members and local businesses about crime trends and threats and works with them on preventative measures and security. ", She continued: "This photo was after having some of the WORSE run ins with cops. Was First LGBTQ ‘American Idol’ Winner Just Sam Forced To Hide Her Sexuality To Win The Show? RELATED: ‘AMERICAN IDOL’ WINNER JUST SAM EXPLAINS STANDING WITH POLICE AND RELIVES HER ‘WORST RUN-INS’ WITH THE COPS, “I am a child of God, so that’s always gonna be first. Sam wrote, “I LIKE WHAT I LIKE,” adding the hashtags #LoveisLove, #pridemonth, and #pride. To relax, she likes to watch murder mysteries and paternity court. Samantha Agate is a contributor and host for Talent Recap on YouTube. If you know me, then you know ❤️ #nationalnudeday, A post shared by OFFICIAL Samantha Diaz (@justsam.co) on Jul 14, 2020 at 11:19am PDT. On Sunday, May 17, 2020, Sam has crowned the winner of American Idol season 18. Judges Left Speechless By ‘BGT’ Light Act Showing Good Vs. I love you all so much. Good Housekeeping participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. If you’ve been following Just Sam’s American Idol journey, you know how important her grandmother is to her, but Grandma Elizabeth isn’t the only family member who plays a huge role in her life. Hollywood Records/Industrial Media’s 19 Recordings. A different fan acknowledged, " So glad that things are looking better but we still have a long ways to go ❤️. I wish that I had the words to express how I feel. Hopefully, Just Sam will also get to spend time with her sweet nephew soon. “I plan on flying back out there and quarantining for 14 days,” she said. They say it’s wrong, i say it’s right. The most recent American Idol winner Just Sam showed off a bold new look as she posed topless on Instagram to celebrate National Nude Day. The 20-year-old, whose real name is Samantha Diaz, also recently shared a cute Instagram snap with someone who might be her girlfriend. Sam sported a shorter hairstyle than the look she rocked on American Idol that judge Lionel Richie always complimented her on. There was one thing super noticeable about her Instagram account though, it has been wiped clean of nearly all of the past American Idol content. How ‘The Masked Singer’ Took Over TV And Became Everyone’s Guilty Pleasure. Just Sam had that chance and she didn’t take it. WATCH Soulful Singer Cause Kelly Clarkson To Have The Fit Of Her Life After Blake Shelton Blocks Her. "Thank you to all the cops out there that are actually trying! Thank you to all of the People from Africa that supported me this whole time and Thank you to everyone that reached out and checked on me . The winner is also given another $125,000 once the record is completed. What does the American Idol winner receive? Just Sam Celebrates National Nude Day After Deleting Her ‘American Idol’ Past, WATCH Zombie Dancers Completely TERRIFY Judges On ‘Central Asia’s Got Talent’, Man With No Arms Plays Piano With His Feet, Wins ‘China’s Got Talent’ [VIDEO], This ‘BGT’ Contestant Got The Judges To TAKE BACK Their Red Buzzers [VIDEO], Indian Dancer With No Legs Teams Up With Wheelchair Dancer In Jaw-Dropping Performance [VIDEO], Shocking Reason Simon Cowell Kicked Contestant Out Of ‘BGT’ After Emotional Performance [VIDEO], Meet The Deaf And Blind Dancer Teaching Salsa Classes To Destigmatize People With Disabilities, Blind Dancer Proves There Is Nothing She Can’t Do In Stunning Performance [VIDEO], Famous Talent Show Stars Nominated For ‘American Music Awards’ 2020, 14-Year-Old Blind Dancer Shows People To Never Stop Reaching For The Stars On ‘AGT’, You Won’t Believe How FAST This ‘AGT’ Contestant Plays Guitar [VIDEO], WATCH ‘AGT’ Singer Brian Justin Crum Perform A Powerhouse Whitney Houston Cover, Why ‘America’s Got Talent Champions’ 2020 Is CANCELLED, Simon Stops This ‘BGT’ Singer Mid-Song … Then He Earns The Golden Buzzer. In fact, it seems as though the little boy Just Sam sometimes features on Instagram is her nephew — she even clarified that in the caption of a photo she posted back in April. I LIKE WHAT I LIKE #LoveisLove #pridemonth #pride ✨, A post shared by OFFICIAL Samantha Diaz (@justsam.co) on Jun 9, 2020 at 7:59am PDT. Wow I seriously can’t believe that I’m number 2 on iTunes right under my uncle Luke @lukebryan , with my aunty @katyperry and @lauren_daigle ! She captioned the photo “If I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT too!”, A post shared by OFFICIAL Samantha Diaz (@justsam.co) on Jul 4, 2020 at 1:12pm PDT. Why Fans Are Debating Tyra Banks’ Villains Night Look On ‘DWTS’? ‘BGT’ Semifinals: Nurse Who Survived COVID Performs Emotional Song [VIDEO], ‘BGT’ Semifinals: Creepy Contortionist Makes The Judges Cringe [VIDEO], ‘BGT’ Semifinals: Acrobatic Dance Crew Blows The Judges Away [VIDEO], WATCH 13-Year-Old Indian Become The World’s Fastest Piano Player Ever [VIDEO], These Talents From Kazakhstan Are Taking America By Storm, Global Star Dimash Kudaibergen ELIMINATED On ‘Masked Singer’ China. Winning 'American Idol' Comes With a Record Deal — but There's a Catch, Meet Just Sam, the 'American Idol' Contestant Who Had the Judges in Tears. The woman in the photo Sam posted earlier this month appears to be actress Shana Deandra, who recently attended a Black Lives Matter protest with her. A post shared by |Actress |Musician | (@justsam.co) on May 21, 2020 at 9:11pm PDT. Maybe if she did say it out loud and proud, she won’t have won. All right reserved. VOTE: Who is Your Favorite ‘America’s Got Talent’ Winner of All Time? 16 YO Singer Zhavia Stunned The World On ‘The Four’ — Where Is She Now? I had a fear of cops. We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. Following the murder of George Floyd on May 25, American Idol winner Just Sam has been protesting and expressing her support of the Black Lives Matter movement on social media. Who Is Whatchamacallit? There’s also a pretty big catch. She wrote, “I kissed a girl and i Liked it,” quoting Katy Perry’s iconic song. “And then I’ll go check in with Grandma. Advertisement. "This is so powerful and honest. And I might be staying for a couple weeks — just because she told me that she misses me.”. This group is for Just Sam related posts and content ONLY. SEE ALSO: WAS FIRST LGBTQ ‘AMERICAN IDOL’ WINNER JUST SAM FORCED TO HIDE HER SEXUALITY TO WIN THE SHOW? She’s definitely skyrocketed to nationwide fame over the past few months (and even more so since her big win), but she won’t have too much time to relax and enjoy the fame before she has to get to work. ", Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, Law enforcement has 'delicate balance' at polls on election day, The 20 best things to get at Aldi this year, according to shoppers. Part of the singer's advocacy included posting a personal Instagram that detailed her own experiences with a police officer as a Black female. Judges Left Speechless By ‘BGT’ Light Act Showing Good Vs. Just Sam — whose given name is Samantha Diaz — has posted a few photos and videos on Instagram of her with a baby. The Official Just Sam American Idol support group has 43,703 members. Thank you to all the cops out there that are actually trying ! Thank you so much to my @therockchurches family the Just Sam support group page on Facebook. Why trust us? But no contestant has ever stood on the American Idol stage and said “I’m gay, vote for me.”. When Just Sam was 6 years old, her grandmother adopted her along with her half-sister Anabelle — we’re thinking the adorable kid (whom they call Zeuzy) is probably Anabelle’s son. Rolling Stones wrote in 2016, “Gay, lesbian and transgender performers have won Grammys, Oscars and topped the charts, but they will never win American Idol.”, They were wrong. ", "At this point in my life, I had already had an experience where a cop tried to arrest me at 13/14 years old for no reason and told me that he would spit in my face while stepping on my head to hold me down," Just Sam wrote. Contestant Sings Sexy Usher Song On ‘The Voice’ — Was It Enough To Turn Usher’s Chair? All rights to ABC and American Idol Lionel Ritchie Katy Perry Luke Bryan Ryan Seacrest American Idol 2020 RELATED: ‘AMERICAN IDOL FANS OUTRAGED ARTHUR GUNN DIDN’T WIN, BUT WILL HE HAVE A BETTER CAREER THAN THE WINNER? TNT Boys Win People’s Voice Favorite Group & Favorite New Group in Philippines! VOTE: Who’s Your Favorite To WIN ‘The Voice’ Season 18? His response to keeping his sexual orientation private? Besides fame, of course. Social media branding is a huge part of a person’s career especially after coming off such a high from a show like American Idol so we’re definitely on the lookout to see what Sam has up her sleeve in the future. [VIDEO], Nervous Singer Brings The ‘X Factor’ Audience To Tears With This Powerful Performance [VIDEO], ‘X Factor’ Contestant Brings Judges To Tears With Song About His Late Brother [VIDEO], ‘X Factor’ Contestant Cries After Performing Emotional Original Song [VIDEO], The Shocking Suicide Of ‘X-Factor’ Contestant That Lead To The Entire Girl Band Splitting, Zhavia Admits She Was Hesitant To Join ‘The Four’ & Reveals Neck Tattoo Took 36 Hours To Finish. The New York Post reported the milestone last month, and Sam has since posted about Pride Month. Was The Last ‘Bring The Funny’ Semifinal The Best Episode Yet? Just Sam addressed her sexuality in an interview with the New York Post in May, saying she doesn’t want to put labels on her orientation, but she’s apparently not interested in men. ‘AGT’ Results: Who’s Going To The Finals + BTS Performs! According to The Blast, the 2019 winner of American Idol (Laine Hardy) received a record deal with Hollywood Records, along with a cash prize of $125,000.