Your email address will not be published. I named him Hell Boy. It is a name that rhymes and directly embodies your little fish’s key feature. 34yrs later I decide to get a small tank (24 litres) to help me drift off to sleep so I buy a new one and have called him Steve just because it was the first name that came into my head! I have 3 bettas. Cool! I also have a 3 time wining black and turquoise male half moon named Theo. In fact, Thailand recently made the Betta their national fish! One day I said to my husband that I was admittedly a little sad that we didn't have to deal with typhoons any more. i have a white beta and he looks like a marshmallow, but with all do respect he acts way to tough for “Marshmallow”… so i named him Marshal, I have a white male and because my nan gave me the money for my tank I called him Ed as my nans name is Edna so that he represents my nan. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "false";
You could even use the name ‘Peri’ for short! first ever fish to go through chemotherapy, the hilarious blue tang fish from Finding Nemo, this mermaid from Disney’s ‘The Little Mermaid’, even for a fish with a three-second memory, David Woods is the pet lover behind My Pet's Name, French Bulldog Names: 100+ Funtastic Ideas For Frenchies, 125 Perfect Leopard Gecko Names: Exotic & Rare Ideas, The 500 Best Military Dog Names: Strong, Cool & Powerful, Great Dane Names: The GIANT List of 300+ Names, Boston Terrier Names: 600 Ideas For Badass Terriers, Aquarius – a Zodiac sign belonging to people born between January 21 and February 20, with its symbol being a water-bearer, Atlantis – a fictional island apparently situated in the Atlantic Ocean, however its supposed location has changed over time, Reef – the Great Barrier Reef is located in Australia and is the largest coral reef system in the world, Tropic – this often refers to a place incredibly hot and sunny. Winter is white and never stops swimming……ever. Choosing a Betta Fish Name. Funny Fish Name for Betta Male. You won’t find a Betta fish name anywhere else! Lenny – one of the main characters in the movie Shark Tale. It fits him. We have a fiery array of vibrant red Betta names for any fish in your tank. Alastair is a white eyed demon from hell who tortures all of the souls. – Eureka Haha! Tangerine – perfect for a golden-orange Betta fish. Hopefully we reeled you in with this list. But, choosing the perfect name can be tricky because betta fish have their own unique personalities and colors. Hope he lives up to his rock name! But these petite fish are whip-smart and delicately dainty in their own right. I was looking at behindthename.com and found the name Makoto and liked it. Have you been surfing the web all day trying to find a perfect fish name? Has one of these fish once, and the obvious name was He currently in a 20L tank with filled with plants, a play tunnel ornament (he loves it), good filteration, a heater, and some gravel. I’m sorry y’all, but our betta’s name is the best ever… and none shall compare… EVER, I got my Betta splendens today 1/6/2013 and i thought a cool name for him would be Splender, after the Australian music festival(splender), Cool! These betta fish fights became popular on a national scale, and breeders began strategically selecting for traits like strength and aggression. Bubbles – the name of the zany and energetic yellow fish from Disney’s Finding Nemo. Hey Pet Parents & Pet Lovers, I wanted to have some fun today and compile a list of the funniest Betta Fish names I could find and come up with. Of course I call him Princie too. Male: blue veiltail named Midnight, females: 1) matching blue veiltail named Luna shy but willing to stand her ground, 2) red veiltail unnamed very friendly, 3) whiteish with 2 black striped down the sides plakat unnamed very docile and loves to be around other fish. great name! Coral – a pretty Betta fish name for a pink Betta, also the name of an underwater rock that is essentially made of skeletal remains of small sea animals! My roommate has a blue and white VT male named Horatio. Tate, M., et al, “Life in a bubble: the role of the labyrinth organ in determining territory, mating and aggressive behaviours in anabantoids.,” Journal of Fish Biology, 2017. I had an almost entire blue one that I called Magi (like the Gift of the Magi), Another lighter blue that I called Andrialphus (Andrial for short), a white-pinkish one that I called Mew, A teal one that had red and blue mixed in that I called Asia. Pirate – for a mischievous Betta fish that just wants to steal some treasure, Guppy – a popular small, and cute, tropical fish, Isla – a fun girl’s name that stems from the word ‘island’, Sushi – a Japanese dish that often contains raw fish. My Berta is the color of an orange creamsicle so his name is Dreamsicle. I love my boys Bruce – the shark in Finding Nemo, hopefully your Betta fish will never have to meet a great white shark! These tough Betta fish names take inspiration from an international assortment of colorful characters from myth and legend. I rescued a beta from Walmart three days ago. Submarine – an airplane may offer a bird’s eye view, but a submarine offers a fish eye view! Magikarp – our favorite fish-like Pokémon! For a gorgeous gallery, visit the IBC member submissions link here. Kanagawa – the famous wave painting, known by almost everyone, is called The Great Wave Of Kanagawa and was painted by Katsushika Hokusai, Marigold – perfect for a yellow-gold Betta fish. I couldn’t think of anything to name him, so I named him Halfmoon because his tail fin is a perfect onyx crescent moon. Caviar – it is considered a delicacy in places, but it is basically fish eggs…. I just got a new betta today. I currently got a new Half Moon Betta today. oops, sorry about the second comment. Not sure of type but his fins were flashy. The poor fish was getting colder and colder. -Gillian Betta fish are also known as Siamese Fighting Fish, although we doubt we’ll see any of these creatures in a boxing ring anytime soon! Jarilo: A shapeshifting Slavic god associated with the moon, springtime, and fertility. Names for Betta Fish. His got an awesome black frill, his names Neptune My betta fish has a white face with deep ruby red coloring so I thought it fit him. I have had him for 1.5 years. We hope you will consider this your go-to article for Betta fish names as you get to know your new finned family member and consider the name that best suits your precious pet. I have a midnight bluish Halfmoon King male. I haven’t thought of a name for him, and I need some help. We heated some water in a small cup and carefully added to his tank. -Smore If you have never picked a name for a pet before, and maybe feel like a fish out of water, then we’re here to help. i got 3 of that type. It means sincerity in Japanese. Here are some ideas of how to choose suitable betta names. His mission with ZenAquaria is to help other aquarists experience the joy of fish keeping (and shrimp keeping) and the satisfaction of a well planted tank. Bettas are very Oriental looking fish and in general they tend to look like mini dragons to me - the Asian kind with the beard, long body etc. Check your inbox for instructions, No spam. Elatha: Elatha is the Irish god of the moon. Mr. Bean Dr. Jones Eeyore Chappelle Pickle Pikachu Scar Face Captain – put a little ship in your fish’s tank and they can be the captain! We lived in Okinawa Japan for almost 5 years, and when I got back to the states and I got a betta, he didn't have a name for a while. Picking out your Betta fish names is a great chance to learn more about these amazing fish whether you are a first-time owner or a seasoned pro!