“In 2020, I’m putting myself out there — I’ve been out there for a long time, but I’m putting myself and my agency out there to create and build to literally create utopia for the community, by obtaining this donation money that we have received,” Doroshow told WWD. 5h Want daily pop culture news delivered to your inbox? "But as one chapter ends, another begins. @jamescturlington @luigimurenu & @luigiandiango ❤️❤️❤️ @imgmodels, A post shared by Christy Turlington Burns (@cturlington) on Aug 7, 2019 at 1:36pm PDT, James ⚾️ @jamescturlington ✖️ @imgmodels thank you @nic0lebeatty, A post shared by Gabe Araujo (@gabearaujo) on Jul 23, 2019 at 6:27pm PDT, A star is born !!! Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we’re all told.”- Moneyball I am beyond grateful for the places this game has taken me. Turlington’s aunt, who was one of the biggest supermodels in the Nineties, shared her praises for her nephew on Instagram, posting a picture of him with the caption: “When your nephew visits you on set and steals the show! "When your nephew visits you on the set and steals the show!" 2020 Bustle Digital Group. Taylor Swift opens up about the 'isolating experience' of being 'canceled': 'Millions of people hate you very loudly’, Fans are going crazy over Beyoncé's new 'Lion King' music video, YouTuber Brooke Houts accused of animal abuse after hitting Doberman in video: ‘I am a great dog mom’. @jamescturlington @luigimurenu & @luigiandiango ❤️❤️❤️ @imgmodels, A post shared by Christy Turlington Burns (@cturlington) on Aug 7, 2019 at 1:36pm PDT, Turlington was previously a draft pick for the Los Angeles Dodgers, but is leaving baseball to pursue his modeling career. Thank you to all my friends and family for their continued support through all the ups and downs in the entirety of my career. And yet, just a few months ago, you'd never know that Turlington was even related to Christy Turlington, his supermodel aunt (his mom is Turlington's sister Kelly). Excited to start this new chapter and continue to grow and evolve as a person. The baseball player-turned-model revealed his modeling career on his Instagram with a series of photographs taken by Luigi and Iango and Gabe Araujo and Raul Romo. • #photo by @internationalmodelingscene #denimstory #modelsoffduty #casualslay #nyfw2019 #williamsburgbk #topmodels #hashtag, A post shared by Walton|Opinionist (@waltonsworld) on Sep 7, 2019 at 6:34pm PDT. I wouldn’t change a thing!," he wrote. He also happens to bear a striking resemblance to Christy in the photo—at least to Donna Karan and a significant number of the super's followers, who jumped into the comments section of her repost and helped it rack up more than 41,000 likes. The 25-year-old signed with IMG Models, which also represents Gisele Bündchen, Cara Delevingne and Bella and Gigi Hadid. Excited to start this new chapter and continue to grow and evolve as a person. Not a bad start to your new career.”, See More: Christy Turlington Burns Modeling Photos Through the Years, When your nephew visits you on the set and steals the show! Welcome to the Jungle! Within a week, Turlington had made the news official by posting a portrait from his first-ever photo shoot, in which he took care to thank his supermodel aunt for "showing [him] the way." Turlington Burns was recently one of the 15 cover faces for British Vogue’s September Issue, which was guest-edited by the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, and made her runway return after 30 years during the Marc Jacobs fall 2019 show. Christy Turlington Burns Says Harassment Has Always Been Tolerated in Fashion Industry, Onia Teams With Christy Turlington Burns’ Every Mother Counts, WATCH: Blue Ivy’s Stylist Takes Us Into His World. He spent a good chunk of his Tuesday, aka the tail end of New York Fashion Week, lifting weights at the Dogpound, models' (and a few Olympic-level athletes') unofficial gym. Read more about the fashion and cultural impact of the Aughts-famous design at the link in bio. Please fill out this field with valid email address. ), Let’s hear it for the boys, c’mon let’s give the boys a hand. • Kali Hays and Rosemary Feitelberg. Welcome to the Jungle! Tap the link in bio to read more. James shared the same photo on social media, writing how he is "beyond grateful for the opportunity." View … A real gem a true supermodel ❤️#jamescturlington#luigiandiango #imgmodels, A post shared by Luigi and Iango (@luigiandiango) on Aug 7, 2019 at 10:18am PDT, Turlington, as an increasing number of talents before him, signed to IMG last month. Could Election Outcome Change Fashion’s Tariff Outlook? Report: Rosemary Feitelberg #wwdfashion #maximacortina, In honor of the 25th anniversary of the Juicy Couture tracksuit, a throwback to Jen and Ben circa 2002. Activism. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we’re all told.”- Moneyball I am beyond grateful for the places this game has taken me. And yet, that almost wasn't the case for James Turlington, whose aunt, along with Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista, is a member of the legendary '90s trio known as the Trinity. Stay Tuned ⚡️⚡️ #TheMarathonContinues , A post shared by James Turlington (@jamescturlington) on Aug 1, 2019 at 5:09pm PDT. Just this year, Ceyenne Doroshow, founder of Gays and Lesbians Living in a Transgender Society, or G.L.I.T.S., announced during a Black Trans Lives Matter rally in Brooklyn that she’s raised more than $1 million for the local Black transgender community that will go toward long-term housing. Sarah was born on August 23 1837, in Johnston, North Carolina, United States. Not a bad start to your new career. Report: @andrew_shang @elmercer Photo: @lexieblacklock Makeup: Erika Bealon #wwdmews #glits #CeyenneDoroshow, The model Maxima Cortina has died at the age of 25. The resemblance is uncanny — right down to a mole on his cheek. "I’ll never forget the experiences, life lessons and friendships that came with playing the greatest game," he shared on Instagram. Don't miss the top fashion industry news breaking this week. At 25 years old, James Turlington is the latest model to sign with IMG Models, according to a spokesperson. As a kid who dreamt of playing in the big leagues I look back on my career and am so thankful to have accomplished the goals I set out to achieve. • #bts @brandonmaxwell thank you @bobrecine for having back on your #squad • @gwneff @seanopry55 @luckybsmith @jamescturlington you guys killed it!!! We have a feeling this new gig might work out for him. I truly couldn’t have made it that far if it wasn’t for you guys. James Turlington, Christy Turlington’s Nephew, is the Hottest Male Model at NYFW. As a kid who dreamt of playing in the big leagues I look back on my career and am so thankful to have accomplished the goals I set out to achieve. Christy Turlington Burns’ look-alike nephew is following in her model footsteps. Eli was born on October 10 1829, in Cumberland, North Carolina, United States. “As a kid who dreamt of playing in the big leagues, I look back on my career and am so thankful to have accomplished the goals I set out to achieve,” Turlington wrote in an Instagram post. James Turlington walks the runway of Brandon Maxwell’s spring/summer 2020 show during New York Fashion Week on September 7, 2019. Christy Turlington's nephew is following in her famous footsteps. From the look of it, life as a model might not be too different from life as an athlete for Turlington. That chapter, of course, turned out to be modeling. But this summer, Turlington—who apparently also goes by "Mr. Carter"—suddenly switched gears, as he announced to his now 11,000 Instagram followers with a quote from the movie Moneyball, about how there comes a time when "we can no longer play the children's game."