There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. 5 stars all round! Parsnips, Buttered: Laugh-out-loud reading from TV's funniest man, Taskmaster: 220 Extraordinary Tasks for Ordinary People, Dishonesty is the Second-Best Policy: And Other Rules to Live By, How to be Champion: The No.1 Sunday Times Bestselling Autobiography, James Acaster has a brilliant comic mind, crackling with energy every bit as much as his corduroy slacks―, Son of a Trickster (The Trickster trilogy Book 1). I read the first four chapters and stopped because I was constantly yawning. Can’t recommend highly enough. I laughed out loud multiple times. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 6, 2019. 4.6 out of 5 stars 6. 2017 wasn't a great year for James Acaster. Paperback Currently unavailable. An amazing book of grimly hilarious true stories . Reviewed in the United States on November 3, 2019. because you will literally laugh out loud and who wants to be the weirdo laughing at their phone? To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. The brand new memoir from James Acaster: cult comedian, bestselling author of Classic Scrapes, undercover cop, receiver of cabbages. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 14, 2019. Love James Acaster, definitely one of my top 5 comedians. Unable to add item to Wish List. I think James Acaster is possibly the funniest working comedian today, but what struck me with this book was how genuinely sad a lot of it is. James Acaster has been nominated for the Edinburgh Comedy Award five times and has appeared on prime-time TV shows like Mock the Week, Live at the Apollo and Russell Howard's Stand Up Central.. But behind the fame and critical acclaim is a … Would definitely be more fun to be an audio book narrated by James Acaster. James Acaster has been nominated for the Edinburgh Comedy Award five times and has appeared on prime-time TV shows like MOCK THE WEEK, LIVE AT THE APOLLO and RUSSELL HOWARD'S STAND UP CENTRAL. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, FREE Delivery on orders over £10 for books or over £20 for other categories shipped by Amazon, Biographies about Film, Television & Music. Musical taste is such a subjective thing and yet I can't help thinking that James has the worst musical taste of any human being alive. Check out our james acaster selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our bookmarks shops. 1-Click ordering is not available for this item. Am I glad I bought this book! Made my day a bit better. James Acaster was born in Kettering, Northamptonshire in 1985. Saw this guy on a tv programme, and he seemed quite funny at the time. Does this book contain inappropriate content? James Acaster has an uncanny knack of getting himself in ridiculous situations and then generally making matters far far worse in his attempts to extricate himself. Find all the books, read about the author and more. But all of them play a part in the year that James gets his life back on track.In PERFECT SOUND WHATEVER, James takes us through the music of 2016, the bullshit of 2017, and how the beauty of one defeated the ugliness of the other. OFF MENU PODCAST FAN DESIGN Socks, Do the tooth’s teeth have teeth too? The funniest book I have read in quite a long time. James Acaster is my new favourite comedian (He's just over taken Bill Bailey. With countless appearances on the BBC show Mock The Week & writer of the book 'Classic Scrapes'. Told with his trademark self-deprecating wit and dry humour, it's guaranteed to raise a smirk. Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2018. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Glorious fun. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 6, 2019. Unable to add item to List. If you're having a good day, read it and your day will get even better. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 October 2019. Thinking this is his rock bottom, little does James know that by the end of the year he will have befouled himself in a Los Angeles steakhouse and disrespected a pensioner on television. He has been nominated for the Edinburgh Comedy Award five times and has appeared on Mock The Week, Have I Got News For You, Live At The Apollo and Russell Howard's Good News. by Holly Newson, James Acaster, et al. Please try again. James Acaster is great in everything ( love the Off Menu Podcast and his season of taskmaster especially) His voice in this book is so clear and while I knew some of the stores it was great to see how his writing process differs from his stand up and panel show appearances. by Holly Newson, James Acaster, et al. Luckily, there is one thing he can rely on for comfort - music. I filmed 4 stand up shows that can be found on Netflix under the name Repertoire. Read it! . Here, in his first book, James recounts these tales (including never-before-heard stories) along with self-penned drawings, in all their glorious stupidity. Highly recommended! On TV. James Acaster has been nominated for the Edinburgh Comedy Award five times and has appeared on prime-time TV shows like MOCK THE WEEK, LIVE AT THE APOLLO and RUSSELL HOWARD'S STAND UP CENTRAL. Frank & self-deprecating - with a LOT of album reviews, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 September 2020. Saw this guy on a tv programme, and he seemed quite funny at the time. If you're looking to expand your music taste and experience some sadness and laughter along the way, this book is perfect. James returns to Kettering, with a camera crew in tow, to visit some of his old haunts. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. This is one of those books which I will read again and again. There's a problem loading this menu right now. OFF MENU UNOFFICIAL PODCAST FAN DESIGN Socks, POPPADOMS OR BREAD 4?! Three people, including the people in the band, liked the band. 2016! Reviewed in the United States on May 31, 2019, Funniest book I’ve read in a long time, had me laughing out loud on my commute. Three people, including the people in the band, liked the band. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Shop James Acaster socks featuring designs by independent artists. Check out his repertoire 4-part show on Netflix (also hilarious), Reviewed in the United States on January 18, 2020. Please try your request again later. I was quite sad when it ended. James Acaster is my new favourite comedian (He's just over taken Bill Bailey. © 2019 James Acaster Official Website - Website designed & developed by. Find designs by independent artists that are funny, cool, crazy, or just plain weird. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Recently split from his partner and with his relationship with his agent rapidly souring, he threw himself into music to distract himself from his worries.