Serial killer is genetically mutated in car wreck on the way to his execution. Pearl nominates Dunston Checks In (1996) as the greatest ape movie ever. It was made in 1997, which was a great year for me and also a time when insanely stupid horror movies like this one were fairly commonplace. Destroy the Brain J. Spurlin. [7], A sequel, Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman, was released in 2000. Serial killer is genetically mutated in car wreck on the way to his execution. Shannon Elizabeth is truly one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. A lot of the 90s horror is just way too silly and hasn't held up well for me.   |  Jack Frost is a prime example of how even the most ridiculous, ludicrous ideas can be made into an enjoyable movie. Jack Frost is a prime example of how even the most ridiculous, ludicrous ideas can be made into an enjoyable movie. Crow becomes a bear. It takes place in the fictional town of Snowmonton, where (on the week before Christmas) a truck carrying serial killer Jack Frost (Scott MacDonald) to his execution crashes into a genetics truck. I'm going to watch the sequel soon I think. The girl playing Nastenka was quite beautiful and is obviously the "Cinderella" character here but I thought this film was about Jack Frost, you know, the title character who doesn't even appear until the movie's almost over? Mike and the 'bots get terminal enchantment from. This film has enough creativity and the acting is so over the top that it makes for a fun and enjoyable time. What a both boring and stupid movie this is, it’s sort of funny, but I really couldn’t stand the acting, and the direction is awful, no actor gives a solid performance and the special effects should just be called effects, because there is nothing special about them.overall a huge disappointment. Jack Frost moves more on the DVD cover than he does in the movie. Sam: 6. When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the... Just before Halloween, three young brothers alone in a big house are m... A rash of bizarre murders in New York City seems to point to a group o... An evil yet adorable Gingerbread man comes to life with the soul of a... Toulon, a puppet maker, discovers an ancient Egyptian potion and uses... Henelotter up's the ante in the final part of his trilogy by introduci... A group of teenagers that work at the mall all get together for a late... On a planet in a distant galaxy, a power hungry Leprechaun, holds a be... A group of eight college friends gather together at an island mansion... "Miss World 1970: The launch of a revolution", "If it chooses you, nothing can save you. This has to be one of the most gracefully aged 90s horror films. 1 Overview 2 Notes & Trivia 3 Appearances 4 See also 5 External Links 6 References Jill is the oldest child of Jake and Sally Metzner and the older sister of Billy Metzner, residing in Snowmonton. Scott MacDonald Christopher Allport Stephen Mendel F. William Parker Shannon Elizabeth Brian Leckner Kelly Jean Peters Rob LaBelle Eileen Seeley Zack Eginton Jack Lindine Marsha Clark Chip Heller, Jeremy Paige Barry L. Collier Vicki Slotnick Barbara Javitz. It’s way more watchable and fun than I ever imagined. In that series two hosts presented the whole film and made fun of it. I miss those days. Ryan Tiler: Both releases have been long out of print. Not all of the riffs were hilarious but there weren't too much dead spots either so, once again, this was another nearly excellent episode of "MST3K". Enter your location to see which movie theaters are playing Jack Frost (1997) near you. A third installment was planned with the tentative title of "Jack Frost 3: The Last Coming", but hopes of the sequel being made are unlikely because of the death of Christopher Allport in 2008. I've watched this every Christmas since the blu ray came out and I can't think of a more festively wacky spiritual experience than this lovely killer snowman onslaught of cheese! Jack is a children’s author turned crime novelist whose detailed research into the lives of Victorian serial killers has turned him into a paranoid wreck, persecuted by the irrational fear…, While the original parodied slasher flicks like Scream, Keenen Ivory Wayans’s sequel to Scary Movie takes comedic aim at haunted house movies. I still can’t decide whether I want to find a copy on…. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman. ", "The Helen Reddy story and the song that inspired a revolution". Cool. Courtney Bates, the younger sister of Valerie, and her friends go to their condo for a weekend getaway, but Courtney can't get rid of the haunting feeling that a supernatural rockabilly driller killer is coming to murder them all. Came safely to me with two discs (one Blu-Ray and one DVD) and a reversible slip cover! If you want some "stupid fun" Jack Frost is worth a watch. Fandango FANALERT® Sign up for a FANALERT® and be the first to know when tickets and other exclusives are available in your area. However, he comes back as a killer snowman and takes revenge on the man who finally caught him, Sheriff Sam Tiler (Christopher Allport). A list of movies released around 92-02 which I consider GEN X horror. The Mutant Killer Snowman returns to kill more people during Christmas. Stay warm and watch this flick! It's everyone's biggest nightmare. Jack Frost is a 1997 American direct-to-video slasher film written and directed by Michael Cooney. Despite news reports of Jack's demise, Sam cannot forget Jack's threats of vengeance. First saw this at a sleepover birthday party in like 1998? !And remember "Never eat yellow snow!!!! Looking for something to watch? He also reveals that the human soul exists as a chemical and that the acid was going to be used to contain DNA in case of a nuclear holocaust. Yuletide Terror: Christmas Horror On Film And Television Book Tour to Include Screenings, Lectures & Other Live Events, 08 December 2016 Now Billy is 18, and out of the orphanage, and he has just become Santa, himself. A homicidal turkey axes off college kids during Thanksgiving break. Tiler's wife Anne (Eileen Seeley), realizes that the state police are on their way. 3 of 5 people found this review helpful. With Pearl away, Observer and Professor Bobo argue over who is in charge. You gotta learn to look on the bright side of things" -Agent Manners. Directed by Michael Cooney. ", View production, box office, & company info, Jeremy Paige (story), Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. They sure don’t make them like this anymore and, in spite of what most rational people would say, that is not a good thing. Mike and the 'bots get terminal enchantment from Frosty (1965). I look forward to the sequel. Stock up on antifreeze cuz ya gonna need it! I laughed a decent amount. Despite being critically panned, the film has developed a cult following[citation needed] for its comical death scenes and cheesy special effects, and was followed by a sequel in 2000, Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman. Or “I’m the worlds most pissed off sno-cone” when somebody asked who he is. Sorry. The killer is dressed in a snowman costume you’d expect to see at Spirit…, A list that is trying to contain every horror film made that is not lost and is found on the…, hamburger splash 1,813 films 10,523 98 Edit, Tobias Andersen 8,406 films 16,579 760 Edit, Rules: Generate a number (from 1 to x) via: www.random.org, See how many number of films there are in the…, Jens Åge Jakobsen 5,163 films 1,341 15 Edit, Does it take you an hour to pick a movie?