Brown “quit” mid-show in January of this year due to conflicts behind-the-scenes. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism Beloved comedian J. Anthony Brown  has, according to Urban Insite, quit the “Tom Joyner Morning Show” over a situation involving money. Most radio listeners probably know Brown from “The Tom Joyner Morning Show,” where he worked for 20 years. Urban Insite early this morning broke the news about J. Anthony Brown’s departure from the Tom Joyner Morning show. All Rights Reserved. that is degrading to another person. “Arsenio was the first person to give me a writing job [and] it was because a friend of mine, who was actually writing for Arsenio [named] Paul Clay…invited me to come over there and…hang out,” he said. Urban Insite reports that Brown is currently under contract with Reach Media Inc. and the “TJMS,” adding that there is a plan underway to discuss what happened off-air with Brown. Did he just cut the mic? Brown’s last day appearing on the show was Black Friday (Nov. 25). We did not get a direct answer to our question. We've joined the BHM Digital family of websites and have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Tuesday Election Day. Share with Us. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. Has Accepted Jeezy’s Verzuz Challenge: “Snowmen Are Seasonal, Kings Are Forever!”, 21 Savage Says He Does NOT Miss Amber Rose: I’m “Married” & “Happily in Love”. Brown also worked as a warm-up comedian while working as a writer. Brown started radio while working on “The Arsenio Hall Show” at KGLH, a radio station owned by Stevie Wonder. Player?…Player? “It was not a salary dispute,” Brown told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. What’s the matter? accounts, the history behind an article. Saying Goodbye to #TJMS #TomJoynerMorningShow #20years pic.twitter.com/JLlRMuN5eB, — J. Anthony Brown (@jspotcomedy) November 29, 2016. What you see below is what we received from Reach and Kelly as a response to our question about J. Anthony Brown. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. She Won: Model Tabria Majors’ Big Budget #Beylloween Tribute To Beyoncé Blows Minds, Farrah Abraham Off Probation Stemming from Beverly Hills Hotel Incident, Jeffrey Epstein's Infamous Palm Beach House Set for Demolition, Trump Takes Shots at Lady Gaga, Jon Bon Jovi and Jay-Z in Pennsylvania, Julianne Hough Files for Divorce from Brooks Laich. J. Anthony Brown Abruptly Departs the Tom Joyner Morning Show, Unable to... J. Anthony Brown Now Officially Part of “The Steve Harvey Morning Show”, Loni Love Encourages Fans to Support Current “The Real” Co-Hosts, Tamar Braxton Responds With Shady Tweets, “The Real” Not Wasting Any Time Finding Tamar Braxton’s Replacement, Texas Man Murders Wife, Allegedly Shooting Her 10 Times in Front of Their Kids, After She Asked for Divorce, Newlywed Loses Both Her Husband and Father Just Hours Apart After Wedding, Bishop Rance Allen, Legendary “Something About the Name Jesus” Gospel Singer, Dead at 71, Jamie Foxx Mourns Death of Sister DeOndra Dixon: “My Heart is Shattered Into a Million Pieces”, Lizzo: “I’m Sick of Being an Activist Just Because I’m Fat and Black!”, T.I. each comment to let us know of abusive posts. He convinced the morning jock, Rico Reed, to let him come on the show for free. According to close sources Urban Insite has learned that J. Anthony Brown has decided to leave the Tom Joyner morning show.