His production company attempted to make some television series[9] and other films such as The Tom Mix Story (with Cochran as Mix), Hope is the Last Thing to Die about the Mexican War, and Klondike Lou. He was a villain to Gary Cooper's hero in Dallas (1950) and played a Ku Klux Klan member in Storm Warning (1951) with Ginger Rogers and Doris Day. American Actor Steve Cochran was born Robert Alexander Cochran on 25th May, 1917 in Eureka, California and passed away on 15th Jun 1965 Guatemala Coast, Pacific Ocean aged 48. Becoming a Find a Grave member is fast, easy and FREE. ", Cochran had previously looked for young female sailors closer to his Los Angeles home. (1949), A Song Is Born [7] He then left Warners. (1951), Highway 301 Cochran returned to Chicago airways on October 3, 2011, via AM 560 WIND. The Williams and Cochran shows swapped time slots in 2007. Photos larger than 8Mb will be reduced. It took him seven years to get noticed but during those years he still kept his skills sharpened by working in regional theater and doing what odd jobs he could. He broadcast The Steve Cochran Show on weekday afternoons. One of them, Sandra Danielson, said after his death: "You are supposed to speak well of the dead but he put me in a very compromising situation. You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 20 photos to this memorial. His body, along with three Mexican females aged 14, 19 and 25,[17] remained aboard for 10 days since the girls did not know how to operate the boat. Cochran then went to England to play the lead in The Weapon (1956). Steve Cochran (born Robert Alexander Cochran, May 25, 1917 – June 15, 1965) was an American film, television and stage actor. (1945), The Gay Senorita Directorial and producing debut, "Tell Me in the Sunlight" (also photographed and starred; released posthumously in 1967). Steve Cochran deserves a star on the Hollywood walk of fame! Please reset your password. Resend Activation Email. Verify and try again. In the humorous 2004 book "Search for the Meaning of Life" by Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz, the authors had this to say about Cochran's show: "If radio is the theater of the mind, Steve Cochran is the Steven Spielberg of talk radio hosts." I always thought he was a Rhett Butler double. ⋆ Historian Alan Royle "I'm basically a decent person and I hope this comes across in my roles" As a single actor, he dated many famous women, and was a favorite of the tabloids. Mai 1917 in Eureka, Kalifornien; † 15. Please try again later. Steve graduated from the University Of Toledo School Of Engineering with a Mechanical Engineering Degree. [16], On June 15, 1965, at the age of 48, Cochran died on his yacht off the coast of Guatemala, reportedly owing to an acute lung infection. We have a volunteer within fifty miles of your requested photo location. The passengers, all from Acapulco, said they met the colorful movie "heavy" through an advertisement in a newspaper that said Cochran was seeking young girls to work on his boat and play bit movie parts.