About us | Privacy Policy | Contact us © 2020 www.BabyNamesDirect.com. Name Change Recommendations Ashie for a nickname. Please call our main centre Since it's one syllable it flows with almost anything. We named our first born daughter Mae Margaret and nicknamed her "Maisie", which everyone called her. These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mae. Remember! If nothing works you could always use Mae as a middle name. To me May/Mae etc is the equivalent of name your daughter "little girl". First Name Meaning Ego is the greatest destroyer of potential thinkers. Audio Tapes, Welcome! I don't think it's an unwearable spelling for Portuguese speakers, but maybe because I'm used to the japanese name Mai/ Mae. The May spelling makes it more of a month name, … Balanced Name Recommendation, Free Brief Name Analysis Alternate spellings include May, Mei, and Maye. Mae, a Top 100 name through 1920, was big in early film history – there were leading actresses named Mae Clarke, Mae Marsh, Mae Busch and Mae Murray. Subscribe to Newsletter Everyone just calls her Mae though. You like to make your own decisions and to be the master of your domain. As a first or nickname, I like it, though I'm probably biased as my nickname is May. 3000 Most Used Female Baby Names, Privacy Policy Last Update: May 1, 2018 Although you are honest and fair, a directness in speech is a source of much consternation to you, and you often regret what you say. I've been in love with the name "Mae" for quite sometime! Many people believes that speaking negative creates negative energy and speaking positive creates a positive energy around them. Irish-Mae, the names you use create I knew a girl named Maeton, she said it's Irish but it sounds made up to me. Website Opened: June 6, 1995, FAQ The purpose of this list is to help parents in choosing names for newborn baby. Contact Us, Privacy Policy birth date and could create restrictions and lack of success. The ~ is not a decoration, it indicates a new sound and consequently, a new word. She left king Conchobhar Mac Nessa for Ailill because “you are a man without meaness, fear or jealousy, a match for my own greatness.” But the couple quarrelled … It's a pretty sound, though, so if I were to use it it would be as May. To be happy means that one must first have happiness within, and this comes only through a balanced mind and wisdom. Remember! This name generator will generate 10 random Celtic Irish names and surnames. The graphic accent wasn't there when I wrote my comment (thank you, Nameberry's administrators for revising it). Towering over them (figuratively) was Mae West, who changed the name from sweet to sophisticated. It's too bad that this name means bitter. –Alfred J. Parker, Know that a wise man changes his mind; but a fool never. –Alfred J. Parker, What You Need to Know 'Ó' before a surname means 'grandson of' and 'Mac' means 'son of'. For example, Mae/May to honor a Margaret/Mary. Mae is derived from May, the month name that was chosen for its connection to Maia, the Roman goddess of growth and motherhood. –Alfred J. Parker, The secret of success in life of each spiritual prophet was humility and humbleness and the burning desire and urge to surrender his own personality or self into the common cause of human progress. I don't mind it as a first name, but it's hardly ever used as a first. The 100 most popular Irish Girls Names are listed here. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Be humble, and thus keep the door to wisdom always open. –Alfred J. Parker, Learn to think fearlessly; there is no subject too spiritual, no subject that cannot stand the analysis of mind; spirit depends upon the channel, mind, for reality. We would be happy to assist you or visit our