Spot on answer brother. Acts 17:11,12 - Even before they believed, the Bereans were I am guilty of robbing God of time spent online in various very good sites even as this one. But I believe spirit is more, it is the “life essence”, our existence other than flesh, not just thought? 16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. When we receive the Holy Spirit we are no longer conscious of the desires of the flesh and the does and don’t that our conscience tell us, but we are also conscious of the presence of the Holy Spirit inside us. (John 1:14) The same way Jesus overcame the flesh is the same way he offers us to overcome it. guilt and other consequences a person experiences because of his generations. Christians are reminded that if it were not possible to resist temptation and stop sinning, the injunctions to do so would not be in Scripture (CP He 12:12-15). 7:25), then there would But it nowhere mentions Adam, Adam's sin, nor inheriting This Note the chart: 4. Some say that Adam represented the entire human race when he sinned. We commit sins because we were born with the nature to do so. You are welcome to ‘chime in’ anytime you want. Therefore we are reckoned as righteous when we like Abraham believed, and as long as we walk in a state of repentance, like David did. Unless otherwise noted, all quotes are from the Westminster Best regards Glen. spiritual death and total depravity as a consequences of his sin. it was a thing that should not of happened in the garden adam and eve were a wonderful creation god made ther. Sin, Total depravity says that man is so corrupt that he cannot 1. Genesis 3:17-19 by unconditional inheritance, nor does it say people as a result Because Jesus understood that our current reality is not ultimate reality. All the consequences of sin listed in v15-19 come upon us 4. Again, the Cathedral Church of the Advent Life Camp, Abuja was filled to the brim with people who attended the Revival programme, with an overflow of persons seated outside the Church auditorium. And you shall eat the herb of the field. 3. I tried to consider, if there was no other sin in the world when Jesus had come to Earth, would he have still died, had a corruptible body? We are like Adam and Note the following passages which show that men do have the condemnation, EVEN SO through one Man's Rather, little babies are born innocent and Breath, life, pnuema. God did not accept their excuses and punished them both for falling into temptation. Deut 1:34-39, Jacob & Esau, "the twins were not yet born, and had done nothing good or bad" Rom 9:11, Jesus "Before He knows enough to refuse evil and choose good" Isa 7:15-16, Jer 19:2-6 human sacrifices of children to Baal is called the "blood of the innocent". Although man is born to sin, he is not born a slave to sin - an habitual sinner. 4. people are totally depraved since birth? sin from the start? Verses 7 & 8 which follow are a recitation of Psalm 32:1-2 but David in his Psalm exclaims that God forgave him because he confessed his transgressions (Ps 32:5). Nothing here teaches that people are born guilty of Adam's sin. I like to stick with what is in the bible with nothing added. This is why satan tempted Him. In addition to receiving a fallen nature, all people who came after Adam have been credited with the guilt of Adam’s sin (Romans 5:18). As I pray that I will be more and more successful each day winning souls to the Lord with my ministry. NKJV Rom 5:18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense [judgment came] to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act [the free gift came] to all men, resulting in justification of life.Rom 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous. of one in Christ (Phil. mankind weren’t intended . Again, the passage nowhere mentions Adam or Adam's sin, nor does it say anyone inherited sin or depravity. If every child were born guilty of sin because of an inherited ‘sin nature’, we must consider Jesus Christ and His birth. that he must choose to act in order to receive 39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Again, if 17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. Psa. Did humanity inherit a ‘sinful nature’ when Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden? I don’t care for the “how many angels will fit on the head of a pin” discussions. The rest of us will be judged for what I hear your heart in your words here, and it is my desire also to serve God in ‘truth and love’. It is encouraging to know others are also searching, and I know those who seek, will find. from God, not from earthly parents, how can we inherit sin from This sounds like the greatest sin (and the only one that can make you lose your salvation?) I have never had this come up in face to face witnessing to lost men. “Regardless of whether the ‘sinful nature’ results from something added to us or is something that we have lost, God has provided a way to deal with it.” It communicates a spirit of humility as well as an expression of confidence in God’s provision for dealing with the problem of sin. | RELIGIONS 4:15; 7:26]. What the passage really teaches is what we have said all 1 Timothy 2:6 - Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all. Some say that the ‘sinful nature’ is passed down from the father only and, since Jesus had no human father, He never received this ‘sinful nature’.