Break 'hephaestus' down into sounds: [HI] + [FEE] + [STUHS] - say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? How to say or pronounce Hephaestus in different languages and countries. Find, submit and requests pronunciations To avoid this verification in future, please. How do you say, "If you have any questions..." in Greek? This is how we pronounce Ήφαιστος ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hephaestus ), normal and slow tempo: https://learn-greek-online.com/mp3/ifestos.mp3. Post the Definition of Hephaestus to Facebook, Share the Definition of Hephaestus on Twitter. 0 votes . You'll be able to mark your mistakes quite easily. Best answer. Prononciation de hephaestus à 2 prononciations audio, 2 synonymes, 10 traductions, 6 les phrases et de plus pour hephaestus. Email me at this address if a comment is added after mine: Email me if a comment is added after mine. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. Learn a new word every day. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? asked Oct 24, 2018 by anonymous .. 1 Answer. Day-dal-us. Record yourself saying 'hephaestus' in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen. Look up tutorials on Youtube on how to pronounce 'hephaestus'. † Pronunciation guide: HH as in "he (HH.IY)" ; IH as in "it (IH.T)" ; F as in "fee (F.IY)" ; EH as in "ebb (EH.B)" ; S as in "see (S.IY)" ; T as in "tee (T.IY)" ; AH as in "mud (M.AH.D)" ; IH as in "it (IH.T)" ; F as in "fee (F.IY)" ; IY as in "eat (IY.T)" ; S as in "see (S.IY)" ; T as in "tee (T.IY)" ; AH as in "mud (M.AH.D)" ; S as in "see (S.IY)" ; Copyright © 2009-2020 Baby Names Pedia. So yeah. All rights reserved. The Romance languages gave us 'cyclopes,' and we accepted. 1.2k views. In Latin, 'ae' makes an 'EYE' sound, so I personally prefer the latter pronunciation. How do you include the word φιλότιμο in a conversation with a Greek? 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? hephaestus pronunciation - How to properly say hephaestus. Pronunciation of the name Hephaestus (23 language audio files). How do you say Will You Marry Me in Greek? Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz. Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications. I just want to know how to pronounce the name of the God of Blacksmithing, carpenters, metalworking, etc. Pronounce Hephaestus in English (Australia) What made you want to look up Hephaestus? Listen to the audio pronunciation in several English accents. How do you pronounce "Hephaestus" 0 votes . Comment dire hephaestus Anglais? Pronunciation guide for the name of people and places. Tl;Dr: to me it makes the most phonetic sense, given the language (the way I was taught to pronounce it), to say 'Heh-fay-stus' and 'Day-dal-us' Hephaestus definition is - the Greek god of fire and metalworking. The name Hephaestus probably has its origin in the name of places prior the settlement of what we now know as Ancient Greek civilization. 'Hephaestus' can be pronounced as 'Huh-fest-us' or 'Huf-EYE-stus'. Email me at this address if my answer is selected or commented on: Email me if my answer is selected or commented on. English | English (UK) | English (Canada) | English (Australia)English (India) | Catalan | Danish | Dutch | Finnish | French | French (Canada) | German | Hungarian | Italian | Norwegian | Polish | Portuguese | Portuguese (Brazil) | Russian | Slovak | Spanish | Spanish (Mexico) | SwedishHephaestus is pronounced in English as HHih-FEHS-TahS or HHih-FIYS-TahS †. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Do you know what languages these words come from? Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! I just want to know how to pronounce the name of the God of Blacksmithing, carpenters, metalworking, etc. how do you write- shine on you crazy diamond. Pronounce Hephaestus in English (Canada) view more / help improve pronunciation. The only variation is … Hephaestus was the son of Zeus and Hera. how do you pronounce Έχασε την αγάπη ( Lost Love ) ? Thus it seems most likely that the name Hephaestus has an 'ayy' sound rather than an e. Daedalus is the same in my opinion.