I recommend using a Kapro to kill off the other Raptors, then grabbing the one you want and shooting it down while it is still in the Kapro’s jaws. The raptor has the ability to pounce on its prey which will allow it to disable small creatures as well as survivors. On the PS4, the Tek Raptor may still jump even if it is encumbered. You can use an Argentavis or Quetzal to carry the Raptor to a taming pen, or Kaprosuchus/Megalosaurus to drop it in a taming pen, or shoot it down while it is being held. The Raptor is a small and fast land dinosaur which is very deadly, especially to those who are traveling without tames. The following are spawn maps where the Raptor can be found: The Island: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(The_Island), The Center: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(The_Center), Scorched Earth: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(Scorched_Earth), Ragnarok: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(Ragnarok), Extinction: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(Extinction). This section is intended to be an exact copy of what the survivor Helena Walker, the author of the dossiers, has written. They are no joke. Try to take them out when they are engaged with some big animal if you want to easily kill them, just don't hit the bigger animal! Once it is unconscious, use Narcotic. Can no longer pick up Alpha Raptors using flyers. If there isn’t a mod for it that’s your answer, no demand because to most it’s not an issue. They can guard you and your stuff as well as your other tames. PS...alpha raptors ALSO do this. Despite its normally aggressive nature, Utahraptors have become one of the primary combat mounts for roaming bands of raiders, as well as scouts for larger collectives. Sound effects for the Raptor were taken and modified from Jurassic Park. I've had issues with Aberrant Raptors, not attacking targets I command them to attack they give chase, but do not attack it, as well as the Roar Pack Buff Animation not working for the pack leader. Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies! The Raptor is a relatively small dinosaur with feathers on the head, back, tail, and on the backs of the arms. Lightning Wyvern beam now damages Raptors and other small Dinos it was missing. They often attack with a "run-and-bite" strategy and can pounce at smaller targets than itself or of equal size holding the target down making them unable to move, making it difficult to defend against an onslaught. I just can't see a Raptor with a rider crouching without it looking silly. If your Raptor is not immobilized, be aware that when it’s torpor gets high, it will flee, sometimes into the forest, making it almost impossible to find again. 3- They are fast! Having multiple raptors will give them a pack bonus when they are together, appointing the highest level raptor as the alpha. Using an Argentavis works too. For instance, cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Raptor's "body accent" magenta. They come in a variety of colors, although green and reddish brown seem to be the most common, while the rarest color variation is black. Although the Utahraptor is not as big as most dinosaurs, it makes up for it in size and intelligence, capable of chasing down other dinosaurs and survivors while also using its speed and ability to disable those that are smaller than it. 1 ×  Cooked Fish Meat, 1 ×  Small Egg, 5 ×  Fiber, 5 ×  Mejoberry, 2 ×  Rockarrot, 1 ×  Water. When in pack of 3 or more, the Raptor of the highest level in the group gets the Alpha boost upon making use of vocalization for 45 seconds. Someone suggested it in a digest and Jeremy liked it. Michael James has been an avid gamer since he was young. Lost sight of her. Utahraptor prime is an incredibly aggressive subspecies of Utahraptor found on the Island. ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki is a Fandom Gaming Community. They can also pounce onto smaller targets to temporarily immobilize them (and to kill them). (It buffs but the animation for the roar doesn't trigger). Raptors can be dangerous if they reach you from behind, eventually you will learn to recognize their steps on the ground and start running before this happens. One way you can tame them is by using bolas on them and then knocking them out. The Raptor alone may prove useful and can aid survivors well but when a tribe has a pack of Raptors, they are capable of dealing a lot of damage. And please give a prayer to Forest and Ivy :( they fought the best they could. Always check the Raptor's surroundings and be prepared, they have a good visual range. This section displays the Raptor's natural colors and regions. This feature is currently broken: tamed and/or bred raptors will almost never use this ability until they are released from a Cryopod at least once. If you find one Raptor, there may be more! Raptors will attack dinosaurs and players on sight. Raptors can easily be tamed as they will run towards you, making them easy to use a bola to hold them down. This can be done by pressing the C (Grab Attack- Not Pounce) right as you are dismounting the Kapro. The only TLC talk for the raptor has been a crouch. The name of the Utahraptor means originally approximately "Utah plunderer".   Cave. When hunting in packs, the pack leader can vocalize a signal that acts as a battle cry. Raptors have a very low Torpor tolerance, you can try to knock them out with a few punches if you have a high melee damage stat. im using right mouse click for a pounce... do i something wrong? Unlike the original, they spawn at a 5% rate at a 20% higher level than usual. The following mounts that a Raptor can knock a player off of: The following additional creatures on ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile can be immobilized by its pounce ability: For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Raptor, see the relevant Wikipedia article. They gather about the same or slightly more material per carcass than a Stone Pick, but finish gathering faster. I started to run away from it,but it pounced on me and I died. The pounce goes a long distance and the Thylacoleo will snag the first creature or survivor that it comes in contact with. Raptors has been one of the main cause of deaths for all survivors, with the total leading of 62,257 kills, followed by. Raptors will pounce on you if they get the chance, and if there are 1 or 2 high level Raptors in a pack, there is a good chance they will kill you if you do not have a good weapon, mount, or guard dino! I stood up on my stone house and shot it, I was a noob at that time. I got killed from one trying to kite a pack on my moth off a cliff in the desert on ragnarok. Also, make sure the Raptor is not glowing red. Hey, im kind of new here but i think i got a bug or something. , I was just walking all of a sudden you have entered a dangerous area I watch a alpha raptor maul a spino, I was hunting one down in the forest. I was walking around with my otter (level 246) and I encountered a alpha Raptor and It’s pack my otter full on slayed the raptors and lost almost no health in the process, Ark, whenever I encounter a raptor it always pounces on me and kills me and I can’t do anything about it if I’m alone or something, can you change the game so at least I can kick or punch the raptor some? Due to their high speed and ability to vocalize for pack buff (if in a pack of 3 or more), they are hard to flee from during a player's early levels, and it is advised to make for deep water if attempting to flee an attack or run behind a door and immediately shut it. One trick is to run to a herd of Trikes, Stegos etc. was like "Oh a level 5 -alpha- raptor. and get the Raptors to hit and aggro them by accident, making a diversion or a means to gather lots of meat and hide. Followers 2. I thought it was no big deal because my stego can easily kill them all and is large enough to protect me from being pinned by a pounce attack. One of the faster creatures on the island, Utahraptor often uses their pack numbers to their advantage by swarming around their prey before it can react. Level up weight, speed, and damage. Raptors may be known as a good choice to get you around quickly with its speed and ability to jump over obstacles but in the event of a small fight they can also prove quite useful. I get back and I see all my Dino’s (9) fighting the alpaca raptor. Does anyone know if they got rid of the Raptor Pounce? One well placed headshot with a Crossbow can take out a Raptor with a level between 1-20. Default Controls: 1. If they have immobilized a target, they can't attack any other dino until they hopped off the said target, making them vulnerable should there not be any other Raptors nearby. There may be some discrepancies between this text and the in-game creature. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America). It was an ALPHA RAPTOR. What Map? Raptors received a major update during TLC Phase 2 that gave them a pack boost effect (similar to. I will leave you with a few ARK Raptor facts so you know everything you need to know about them! The colored squares shown underneath each region's description are the colors that the Raptor will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Fixed a crash loading certain savegames ("Raptor Animation" crash). For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator. They’re much more deadly now. This page was last edited on 27 October 2020, at 21:28. They also make great companions when you are lonely. Trust me, just close your eyes and accept your fate. It is a unique alternate of the original Raptor, and is purely made of Tek. RMB (for PC) 2. They almost always spawn in packs, and the only way there is ever really a single Raptor is if something killed off the rest! If a Raptor is a low level, a Spear can easily kill it, but beware, if they are in a pack of two or more, this strategy will not work! Raptors are incredibly fast and can outrun almost any dinosaur that exists which makes them both good for scouting around areas by land. The Alpha has a glowing red cloud around it to indicate its status whereas the rest has an orange cloud next to themselves. ⬆️ if you think this is a decent idea! What the Utahraptor lacks in size, it makes up for in ingenuity. They’ve knocked me off an argy and therozinos several times. 2- If you find one Raptor, there may be more! Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. I respond hoping he didn’t kill any of my Dino’s. Home » Guides » ARK: Survival Evolved – How to tame a Raptor. If real Raptors hands were rotated like the ones in ARK, their wrists would be broken. It is stated that this dino is a subspecies of Utahraptor which was first seen on The Island and is found in other maps, attempting to chase down and kill its prey on sight. The Raptors often attack from different directions, using this method to take down prey while avoiding damage. It would fit much better on a Saber/Wolf to hide in the long grass. Now that your Raptor has been knocked out, it’s time to tame it! crimsondrac. Your email address will not be published. Those who ride Utahraptor claim they are difficult to tame, but then fiercely loyal. They will come and they will kill you and your dodo.. Run as far as possible swim as far .carry a bola on you so you trap your friend and escape . New sound effects for: Dodo, Raptor, Quetzal, Parasaur, Rex, Trike, Pteranodon, Dilo, Direwolf, Compy, Dung Beetle, Argentavis, Pachy, and Mammoth. Your email address will not be published. If you do not have high movement speed, they are faster than you! The Utahraptor Prime is a vicious dinosaur from the early cretaceous period which has a carnivorous diet and is very aggressive to survivors and small dinosaurs, attacking them on sight. Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest, Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Sign in to follow this . Join 3,170 players on Dododex's Discord and get 100 dino emojis! Narcoberries and Raw Meat also work. I encountered a alpha raptor, he tore down my wooden walls and killed all my dodos, I’ve of course died for trying to save my babies.