For this tutorial, let’s make its size 1920 x 1080. I don't mean to turn this into an Adobe-bashing thread, but After Effects suffers from a number of glaring interface issues, especially when you're working with masks, which made some of the roto work I did for Revelations take a lot longer than necessary. Even though removing objects from a layer does not involve masks, we thought we would include it in this article because it is a useful tool in After Effects that you may use to cut an object out instead of a mask. Below is an explanation on how you “lock” the position of a mask in After Effects. After Effects The beauty of the mask tool, whether you’re working in Premiere Pro, Final Cut, or After Effects, is the many different ways you can apply the effect to help or correct your shots. With only a handful of customizable attributes, an animated mask can pack a punch. When working with motion graphics, think of it as your Swiss Army Knife. Likes Conclusion – Group Layers in After Effects. Removing Objects. First, you create a mask on a new solid layer on top of the layer you want to cut out / mask. Adobe After Effects, Hide/Show layer and Shy Layers to manage the layers better. 13.4 How to Mask in After Effects. Removing an object from a video is not as simple as removing an object from an image. It's a personal favorite as it keeps the shape of all linked masks identical. Users must create a mask to cover the erased region of the frames and define the region that has to be erased. Above it has been explained how we can group layers in Adobe After Effects software. So this idea of masks and cropping comes into play a lot in After Effects. You can also make a pickwhip expression to clone the mask shape between other masks/layers. Animated masks are my favorite of all the great features inside of Adobe After Effects. We can also create full animation using audio and video clips by controlling frames speed and the time at which the audio and video clips should be synchronized to produce the desired clips. Adjust the feather on the mask. In this lesson, you will learn a bit more about masks and cropping to see how you can crop composition size, photos and video layers inside of After Effects. You can remove objects in a layer by using the Clone Stamp tool. In here, we will write two separate lines of text separated by a solid bar from which the text will eventually appear. Work with Motion Graphics templates in After Effects Use expressions to create drop-down lists in Motion Graphics templates Work with Master Properties to create Motion Graphics templates Let’s start by opening After Effects and creating a composition. To do this as mentioned you can use a track matte, it’s very easy once you have tried it. April 18, 2019; In Cinema 4D how can I scale my object only on the on 1 axis , currently it scales universally. Take director David Fincher, for example. Hand-animated or painted masks or even After Effects’ automated tracking tools can be used to do this.