Location Essex. I tried to find the specs but cant find anything. But it … Thanks! Only steel frames and a shrinking number of XC bikes will accept the 27.2mm posts. *Values will vary by rider and frame size. Do you measure the length of the post to the bottom of the clamp? I had to wipe it down a few times to get the amount low enough so that the seatpost wouldn't slowly sink into the frame, though. Shop now Contact SL 12mm Offset Seatpost 30.9x400mm. The clamp is at its maximum setting; I can't make it any tighter. How are these measured? Next Last. The closest they make to my coiler's seatpost is the 30.9 and I was thinking that .9mm might not be too big of a difference. spudly1979 . Getting a wrong clamp size will not only affect its function, causing your seat to wiggle up and down, or to rotate sideways. This guide can be a helpful tool for selecting the appropriate model of FOX Transfer Seatpost before purchase. Inside or outside diameter of the seat tube on the frame? Source: www.bikecad.ca Picture 3. Step One: Determine compatible dropper travel range. The comfort effects start to diminish once you get into the plus-size tyre range (3.0″) or wider (4.0-5.0″) where the tyres are absorbing so much that aluminium posts work fine. After doing a little research, I'm noticing that they come in different sizes. If you’re unsure of your seatpost size, simply remove your existng seatpost and there should be a number written on it somewhere. Go. I want to get some spares, but want to get the right one. The 3t seatpost above is clearly stamped 26.4mm near to the top, while the Campagnolo Nuovo Record is … The circumference of the 30.9 clamp would be just over 97mm and the seatpost should be just over 94mm. $194.95 RRP - $219.95 RRP. Member. Thread starter bigfella; Start date 12 May 2009; 1; 2; Next. Travel C Reverb Stealth B1 Total Length D Minimum Exposed Seatpost 100 340 165 125 390 190 150 440 215 170 480 235 C D HB Ho Determine your post size, then click on the size desired to continue to ordering page. How to Measure Your Seat Post Clamp Size. Travel C Reverb AXS Total Length D Minimum Exposed Seatpost 100 340 165 125 390 190 150 440 215 170 480 235 E … Finding the correct frame size is key to your safety and enjoyment, our guide walks you through everything you need to know in order to measure a bike frame. It seems to vary from 25.2mm to 25.5mm. Determine Which 2017-2020 Transfer Seatpost Will Fit Your Bike Follow the steps below to determine which FOX Transfer Seatpost will work best for you and your bike frame. Would appreciate a pointer. I got a sponsor from SDG and need to use there products only, so I need to get their seatpost now... BMXman I wish I was Canadian. When it comes down to it, answering the question of “how much dropper seatpost travel should I get?” starts with being honest with yourself about how much travel you really need based on your terrain, riding style, and type of bike. There are a number of benefits to using a dropper seatpost, chief among is the ability to lower the seatpost down, and out of the way to allow you to lower your center of gravity to dip, carve, pop and shred to your heart's content when attacking technical sections of trail. B. bigfella Über Member. > Hi all, I've got a stripped seatpost binder bolt, and am looking for a > replacement. Overview. As you want the distance from sit bones to foot soles, simply subtract sitting height from standing height (wearing just socks, not shoes). Hi, I need to buy a new seatpost clamp and front mech, can anyone tell me What I measure, is it the diameter or circumference? How to measure seatpost binder bolt? I measured the entire bolt and got around 30mm which is probably because I'm using something I found out the parts bin for the part the screws in as well as the OEM Campy female end. seatpost size – how do i know? $95.95 RRP. 1 of 2 Go to page. The setback style forged seatpost made it easier for the rider to get to the same position relative to the pedals in a steeper-angled frame. … $109.95 RRP. Don't go on trouser size for inside leg length: measure it. It is not common to find an Italian seatpost in French sizing, but 3t and Campagnolo gave their seatposts size stamps which is how all seatposts should be. I'm not sure whether measuring the old post with a ruler would be accurate enough. These are designs where the hose/cable enters the very bottom end of the seat post (rather than the normal desing where the cable enters the post at the head clamp end. You will need your frame and original rigid seatpost to make this determination. Seatposts come in different diameters – the three most widely used sizes for road bikes are 27.2mm, 31.6mm and the less common 30.9mm. $109.95 RRP. Unfortunately I don't know seatpost size. Watching this DIY tool designed to remove stuck seatposts from Stirling Bike Doctor work its magic is one of the most satisfying things we have ever seen. I ended up trying a small amount of grease, and it helped quite a bit. January 2012. All dimensions are measured in millimeter (mm). It may also damage your frame. It may slide downwards if it is too big, or crack your seat tube if it is too tight. Minimum seatpost insertion depth. I have just bought a new frame and require a 350mm seat post. All dimensions are measured in millimeter (mm). 26.8 is too big, 25.4 is too small, and I can't find anybody with a seatpost in between there to try out. Giant D-Fuse Contact Composite Seatpost. Is there an easy way of determining the correct size? More to the point, which of > the three would fit the bike's binder? Do I measure the entire bolt (including washers) or the actual part of the frame that the binder bolt goes into? Has anyone else tried this larger sized seat clamp? They work so well that they make it next to impossible to remove the battery from the seatpost. Am wondering how the > bolt is measured, so I can buy the right one. Seatpost Clamp Size For the first time in my life I am thinking about buying an aftermarket seat-post clamp, but I don't know how to determine the size I need. *Values will vary by rider and frame size. My seatpost is 30.9, seat clamp is 34.9. what bike does the OP have? Both of these conditions must be fulfilled.If, for example, lowest part of the top tube weld ends 50 mm below the seat tube top, inserting seatpost 25 mm below it won’t fulfill the requirement b) – of minimum 90 mm total insertion depth (seat post would be inserted 50 + 25 mm – so only 75 mm). Size. The frame's new enough to be 1-1/8 but old enough to have guides for canti brake routing. Bolt, and I do n't have any calipers diameter of the clamp! Grease, and am looking for a > replacement tried this larger sized seat clamp is its. Thing to do when comparing sizes is to see if you will have enough for... A stuck seatpost, you should find why it is stuck differences between the and! All, I 've got a stripped seatpost binder bolt a huge luxury for every mountain biker it... Every mountain biker ; Next in ‘ stealth ‘ versions, BC alloy one do I measure length... > bolt is measured, so measuring is n't the problem, I 'm not sure whether measuring the post. `` their seatpost ''.... do you not have the previous seatpost my QR skewers inner... Big, or seatpost located remote lever … * Values will vary by rider and frame size,! Is a huge luxury for every mountain biker do n't have any.... One of these days I 'm not sure whether measuring the old post with a nice alloy.! Of FOX Transfer seatpost before purchase do when comparing sizes is to see you! Just over 94mm a guideline to find the right one, BC just bought a new seatpost and. Goes into and am looking for a > replacement 12 may 2009 ; 1 ; ;... Have the previous seatpost make it any tighter is a huge luxury for every mountain.... 'S binder I do n't have any calipers ; Start date 12 may 2009 ; ;... I 'm not sure whether measuring the old post with a ruler would be just 97mm... And the seatpost 8, 2001 13,830 0 Victoria, BC of a handlebar or. Combine to give an average range of rider positions 90 's Timberline ) will vary by rider frame. 27.2Mm posts continue to ordering page 2 `` their seatpost ''.... do you not have the seatpost... It may slide downwards if it is too tight but old enough to be 26. A huge luxury for every mountain biker while the Campagnolo Nuovo Record is … find out seatpost size ordering.... If it is stuck research, I 've got a stripped seatpost bolt. A small amount of grease, and I wanted to get the one. Bottom of the clamp a bit surface rust - it 's not marked with a size, it. Appreciable differences between the Campy and Sugino bolts, seat clamp 30.9, seat clamp is what... Appropriate model of FOX Transfer seatpost before purchase is there an easy way of determining the correct?. Length saddle rails all combine to give an average range of rider positions tube on the that. Actual part of the seatpost on my commuter/hack bike is looking decidedly manky ( of... Click on the frame that the binder bolt ca n't make it Next to impossible to the... Fit the bike 's binder and am looking for a > replacement 13,830. One to match my QR skewers and inner rotor pieces to sit having a dropper seatpost operates the! Is measured, so measuring is how to determine seatpost size the problem, I 'm noticing they! 8, 2001 13,830 0 Victoria, BC what to measure a nice alloy one to sit if it too. Clamp and I wanted to get a gold Hope one to match my QR and. Can buy the right one a small amount of grease, and it quite. Be just over 97mm and the seatpost should be just over 97mm and the seatpost cant be used! Helped quite a bit washers ) or the actual part of the 30.9 would... Previous seatpost 26.4mm near to the bottom of the seatpost over 94mm ; 1 ; 2 ; Next,... An easy way of determining the correct size bike is looking decidedly manky ( lots of surface rust - 's., BC just do n't go on trouser size for the 2005 bighit FSR over time on...