Learn the steps necessary to become a professor and the average salary for various disciplines and institutions. Programs listed are accredited by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT). The job outlook is bright. After doing your research on your chosen occupational therapy school’s requirements, you can narrow down your choices based on your personal requirements. Becoming an occupational therapist is expensive. Occupational therapists are university educated and complete a minimum of 1000 hours of supervised fieldwork … The UT Martin Pre-Occupational Therapy (OT) Plan is designed to prepare students for application to an occupational therapy program. As a Clinical Faculty member, you become an integral part of the Department of OS&OT to support excellence in teaching, research and governance. I have recently gotten the urge to teach and I have tried to research this but unfortunately I cannot find a clear cut answer. Once you complete your program and pass … Becoming an occupational therapist Occupational therapists are a regulated health profession and, as such, must meet the registration requirements of a provincial regulatory organization in Canada. 7. To become of Certified Hand Therapist you must complete 4,000 hours of direct hand therapy practice and have been a licensed occupational or physical therapists for 3 years to be eligible to sit for the certification exam. Occupational therapy is a growing field with a projected increase in demand of 16% over the next decade. An entry level occupational therapy professor (1-3 years of experience) earns an average salary of $75,707. Less expensive state schools are harder to get into, so you may have to choose a private school and pay an average … Please contact the individual universities for more detailed information on entrance requirements, admission policies and program content. When applying, you can use AOTA’s comprehensive list of OT programs to help you sort … Occupational therapists treat patients who are injured, ill, or have a disability by helping them develop or recover daily life skills. Projections from the U.S. Bureau of Labor indicate 15 percent growth over the next decade. Interested in becoming a professor? There are many online degree programs available, which allow individuals to enter … Apply to Your Desired Occupational Therapy Programs. On the other end, a senior level occupational therapy professor (8+ years of experience) earns an average salary of $134,555. By following the Pre-OT Plan recommendations, students will be eligible for admission into most Masters of Occupational Therapy (MOT) and Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DOT) … If you’re going for the OTR (Master’s or Doctorate) route, you can expect to pay anywhere from $40,000 to well over $100,000 for your degree. Would I have to get my DPT and then get a PhD. You can provide valuable feedback on current clinical issues to academic programs, and assist in the development and integration of … Now, while nearing the completion of my clinical occupational therapy doctorate (OTD) in public policy and advocacy, and also working in a private pediatric clinic, the most difficult part of becoming a practicing occupational therapist is deciding which of the many avenues of occupational therapy that I want to pursue. How can you become a professor in Physical Therapy School? Also, do well in school and plan on eventually getting your master's degree since you'll need it to practice in an entry-level position. University Programs for Occupational Therapy. To become an occupational therapist, you'll need to enjoy working with people and helping others who are suffering from injuries or illnesses. Why Become a Clinical Faculty Member?